• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX RESPECT announced for PS4

Nisa65

This is fantastic news. Console music games have dried up pretty badly over here since Konami stopped giving a rat's ass about porting their Bemani titles.

2017 is a long way away though :(

Falk

that puzzling face
You could run the Trilogy controller through an adapter.

PLEASE release it with some sort of custom controller. The pain of there being no home console iidx still hurts, this might help ease it.

Just gonna straight up say that playing on a Trilogy controller (which was really a bad idea in itself) for charts designed for 6 buttons is going to be about as engaging long-term as playing Guitar Hero with a Trilogy controller.

Deft Beck

i wonder if the sales of superbeat in NA and the UK are satisfactory enough to convince neowiz to release it over here and even better if it's physically

DJMAX sales in the West were always strong, so we'll see something. The limited editions always sell out, too

I've never played a DJMax game but recently I purchased Superbeat Xoinc from the golden week sale and I'm loving it a lot! (Even though I suck at it lol :p)

I'd have preferred this on the vita but I'll purchase the ps4 version if they decide to localise it.

i would like a VR compatible version as well. it would be pointless but whatever. but i guess i'll take whatever i can get. hopefully it makes its way over here even if digital

xzeldax3

This is a mind-blowing announcement for me because I never thought we would get another DJMAX game in a million years. Even though the original staff, who I loved, are all basically gone, this game is something I need immediately.

I wish it would get a Steam release though.

cj_iwakura

I'm not sure I want to support this, given that it's basically a cash grab. I have the PSP originals, I don't need to buy them again.

Great for anyone who missed out, though.

My favorite songs were on Clazziquai edition, which will never come to the US in any form :'(

Clazziquai is EASILY the best of all the versions.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So Neowiz is gonna parade the DJMax corpse a bit more? I was introduced to the franchise via Technika Tune and I find the touch-based gameplay to be god-tier. Old fans will scoff at me but the button mashing of old DJMax brings nothing new to the table, Superbeat Xonic really felt like the evolution of the series gameplay-wise by making both touch and button based play viable. The music could be the only thing that could make me play this as opposed to buy more Technika Q or Xonic DLC.

cj_iwakura

So Neowiz is gonna parade the DJMax corpse a bit more? I was introduced to the franchise via Technika Tune and I find the touch-based gameplay to be god-tier. Old fans will scoff at me but the button mashing of old DJMax brings nothing new to the table, Superbeat Xonic really felt like the evolution of the series gameplay-wise by making both touch and button based play viable. The music could be the only thing that could make me play this as opposed to buy more Technika Q or Xonic DLC.

If nothing else, some of the stuff in traditional DJ MAX is way crazier than could be possible on Technika. Xonic is arguable, but I feel it's more gimmicky than DJ MAX with the analogs and stuff. DJM is straight 'button mashing', and I love them for it.

alcheim

Totally didn't expect this, but will definitely get it when it's out. Though for some reason, something feels off about the teaser trailer... I know it's just an early trailer, but it seems like the mode selections animations aren't as sleek and snappy as the menus in the previous games (Portable 3, Black Square, Technika Tune, etc.) I wonder if they're outsourcing development to some Chinese company.

In any case, I hope they include songs from their previous releases including the licensed songs from Clazziquai and Technika.

Oh, and none of that mind-numbing grindy nonsense from Portable 3, or the always online requirement in Technika Q.

raven777

There is an interview with the developer in Korean site. I will just translate some of it

Q: Why name it DJ Max respect?
A: It's meant to be respectful for the creators of the original game, as well as the fans who have been waiting all these years.

Q: Why PS4 instead of Vita?
A: There are many reasons.. Respect is meant to be the final chapter for now so we wanted to make it on the latest hardware... also Vita's control doesn't feel as good as PSP so we thought it wouldn't translate well to Vita. Also we wanted globalize the franchise from now so home console seemed ideal.

Q: You said Respect is combination of DJMax 1 and 2. How many songs are included?
A: Every single songs from 1 and 2 are included, so over 100 songs. Also, there are enough new songs to fit a new entry.

Q: What happens to the rest of the songs from other titles? DLC?
A: Yes. CS, BS, Technika 1,2,3, portable 3, Ray, Hot Tunes song will all come out as DLC. We haven't decided if we will distribute it as title package (i.e. CS pack, Technika1 pack, etc.) or songs with similar style. If we decide to distribute it as title pack, we will distribute it in release order probably.

Q: Is game system from Portable 1/2? Or stuff from other titles included?
A: the base game system will be from Portable 1/2. Additional stuff is 2 player co-op and online mulitplay.

Q: Any plans for paid contents other than DLC packs?
A: No only DLC music packs will be paid content.

Q: What will happen to the series after release of Respect?
A: We can't announce the timing but we plan to release proper sequel. Also have ideas for stuff that is not DJMax.

Q: Plans to release Respect abroad?
A: Yes we plan to release in Korea, Japan, China and other parts of Asia. We also plan to release in US and EU, but we haven't decided how yet.

more stuff at link (in Korean)
http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/81541.daum

Falk

that puzzling face
Q: You said Respect is combination of DJMax 1 and 2. How many songs are included?
A: Every single songs from 1 and 2 are included, so over 100 songs. Also, there are enough new songs to fit a new entry.

You hear that sound?

That's the sound of Falk eating crow.

dkoy

Portable 1/2 game system? I'm in. Superbeat Xonic and Technika are great but I do miss the % based accuracy system. I'm ok with just the old songs being in the game too. There's already so many.

kiri

I suck giant balls at this game HOWEVER I love Clazziquai and have been getting back into their editions OST in recent weeks. Even if this is a basic remaster for PS4, it's gettin picked up!

Past

Two player local mode, nice. I wish more rhythm games had this.

Edit: wow, online too? Totally sold.

ZeroX03

Banned

Q: Plans to release Respect abroad?
A: Yes we plan to release in Korea, Japan, China and other parts of Asia. We also plan to release in US and EU, but we haven't decided how yet.

I'm not the biggest DJMax fan - the PSP era was peak arcade for me and I don't think they were easily available locally - but these two things and a PS4 release sold me on the game.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit it looks like Neowiz is making an effort with this? Cautiously optimistic...

So it would seem that all my favorites are in dj max portable 2, so if they include all the songs from that game I no longer need my psp:D

And even without localization we should good, just hoping for a physical somewhere.

Edit: and if they update the vids for hd omg

Glas

Polite request to rename thread to

"DJMAX Respect announced for PS4"

Mdy3u6m.png

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...:=PARA1$LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=DJM

xzeldax3

Localizations announced so soon??? YES!!!!!!! I will buy a PS4 for this game just like I bought a XB1 for Rock Band 4.

web01

This is fantastic.
Thought the series was dead and relegated to mobile trash after what happened with the devs.

Top Bottom