• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC coming to PC January 25th

Grief.exe

The more Japaneese publishers coming to PC the better.

Capcom adopting Steamworks, Konami testing the waters with Castelania: LoD 2, Platinum talking about potential PC ports, Dark Souls II announced for PC day one, XSEED publishing their games on Steam.

Personally I'm really hoping MGS V/GZ/Phantom Pain is ported over to PC. That would be something amazing.

The more Japaneese publishers coming to PC the better.

Capcom adopting Steamworks, Konami testing the waters with Castelania: LoD 2, Platinum talking about potential PC ports, Dark Souls II announced for PC day one, XSEED publishing their games on Steam.

Personally I'm really hoping MGS V/GZ/Phantom Pain is ported over to PC. That would be something amazing.

dont forget ace combat from namco.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yes, Lords of Shadow 2, this, and likely Ace will all be bought on PC.

The 60fps makes a world of difference towards game play. Looks very fluid on PC.

What was the reason behind choosing the Unreal engine over their Framework one?

I haven't read much on this game but was surprised to see the Unreal logo during demo startup.

sn00zer

I tried playing DMC4 the other day. The combat was pretty fun but the puzzles and all the cutscenes were fucking obnoxious. Is this game the same way? If only there were some good actiony arcadey hack-n-slash games that don't throw a stupid cutscene in my face every 5 minutes to show me the door or the next enemies.

Ooo OOooo get Darksiders 2...has pretty fun if basic hack and slash gameplay nad its an adventure game

Valnen

Wow. Those who don't notice framerate much need to do no more than play this game on consoles and then watch these videos. Only this way does it look better visually than DMC4 from 2008.

I still can't forgive what they've done to this franchise though.

I'm not even sure it looks better than DMC 4 at 60 FPS, honestly.

BadAss2961

I'm not even sure it looks better than DMC 4 at 60 FPS, honestly.
It's close. DMC4 has the better character models and cleaner look artistically. DmC has a lot more going on in its environments which looks really good at 60fps.

DmC still has some of that UE3 ugliness though.

Wow, I'm impressed. Only 10 days late, no GFWL, no FPS limit?

Color me impressed. Capcom's PC efforts have been great this gen.

I don't feel bummed about my broken PS3 anymore.

I wonder if they'll do anything about the pre-rendered cutscenes for the PC release. The macroblocking in the demo's intro is some of the worst I've ever seen, but maybe they had to compress it so viciously to keep the download small? Wishful thinking, I know.

Forkball

"Here you go PC gamers, enjoy DmC. Huh? You wanted UMvC3 and Dragon's Dogma instead? Well uh HEY STREET FIGHTER X MEGA MAN AIN'T THAT CRAZY."

WhyMe6

I really enjoyed the demo of DmC - and this is coming from a Bayonetta lover and a Devil May Cry & God of War hater - and I was going to pick it up, but I think I'll wait until I have a better PC. It looks wonderful on 60FPS, and the console version didn't even hit 30FPS most of the time :/

iavi

Time to go on medai black out. This latest batch of previews are a little too generous with what they're showing of the cutscenes.

luffeN

I dare anyone to say that this 60fps video does not look any different in terms of fluidity compared to the 30fps videos, wow!

Exodus

Banned
The game looks beautiful.

I'll pick this up on a steam sale. The gameplay just seems slowed down and tame compared to DMC4/Bayonetta. I liked the over the top craziest combos you will never see in any other game gameplay. I realize like a reviewer said it best, they are making the game more accessible to those who would not normally play these games. It's slowed down, it's not about frame cancel bust out crazy combo, pop them up, juggle and rip them apart, plan for their welcome mat on the way down and finish with gusto.

Lowest common denominator wins.

Momentary

Banned
Pre-ordered this and Metro on Steam.

That PC footage was fantastic. Still not feeling the characters' art direction; though, I'll definitely give the game's mechanics a try. It's a joy to see it move at 60fps
, but does it FEEEEEEEL like 60fps?

Tizoc

Hold up this game runs on Unreal Engine 3 right? Isn't that capped at 30 FPS? Or is that for consoles only?

Nabs

Hold up this game runs on Unreal Engine 3 right? Isn't that capped at 30 FPS? Or is that for consoles only?

Consoles only. Unreal Engine games that are capped can usually be fixed with a simple .ini tweak. You can usually unlock the framerate, remove the hud, and adjust the fov with UE3 games.

Tizoc

Aha thanks for clearing it up this makes me even more interested in UE3 games on PC *drools @ Bulletstorm 60 FPS on PC*

Nabs

What if DmC is steamworks since its single player? shouldn't we wait for RE6 to see if they truly left the cancer that is gfwl?

Yep. There's pretty much no chance RE6 will be Steamworks. I mean, DmC isn't even full Steamworks yet. The PR makes it sound like another Batman AC or Max Payne 3.

Yep. There's pretty much no chance RE6 will be Steamworks. I mean, DmC isn't even full Steamworks yet. The PR makes it sound like another Batman AC or Max Payne 3.

he said retail will be steamworks too though,dmc is true steamworks. batman retail was not steamworks. and supposedly they have good news for RE6 pc fans.

Nabs

The steam page says Steam Achievements.

Max Payne 3 and Batman AC have Steam Achievements as well.

PR: Gamers that download DmC Devil May Cry via Steam will be able to take full advantage of features such as Cloud saving, achievements, friends support and leaderboards.

he said retail will be steamworks too though,dmc is true steamworks. batman retail was not steamworks. and supposedly they have good news for RE6 pc fans.

Where does it say retail will be Steamworks? I want to believe, but this is Capcom we're talking about.

Origin will have pre-orders up soon, so I guess we'll know more when that goes up.

Top Bottom