• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

DmC still has more swag than most other action games out there. Good to see work put out for the game 2 years after the fact, I know people were like "LOL DmC has no depth, dead in 2 months". I am hoping for more high quality stuff when the Definitive edition releases.

Not going to lie but the fighting animations and real slick. Shame about everything else. Still DMC4 is on another level. Obligatory gif:

1353842524282e6qun.gif

RM8

I have a very strong feeling there will be a PC release/upgrade option for both at some point.

It's probably not out of the question for the DmC DE and DMC4SE changes to be made available by Capcom for their respective PC versions. Maybe they'll be paid upgrades, though (probably will be).

I'd pay for the upgrade! I'm one of the weirdos who really liked DmC despite its flaws.

It's probably not out of the question for the DmC DE and DMC4SE changes to be made available by Capcom for their respective PC versions. Maybe they'll be paid upgrades, though (probably will be).

I would guarantee if they are released for PC, itll be as brand new games that you have to pay $40 for

Well that is one ballsed up patch for the PS4 version...let me explain...

Game as it was installed on Saturday was 18.74 GB and I played for 7 hours to mission 13 without any issues or noticeable bugs. Today a patch was released but my PS4, which only had 9.94 GB of free space, could not download it and I had to free some space on the hard drive. Puzzled as to why the patch needed 10 GB - surely it cannot be half the size of the game? - I proceeded to delete the 16.5 GB Skylanders Swap Force game but I was still told I needed another 123 MB!!! At that point I had almost 27 GB free on the drive. After deleting Mercenary King, the patch downloaded and it was 18.74 GB!

It looked as if the entire game had been redownloaded but not only that but the install size of the game had doubled in size to 36.5 GB; in other words the original game install is there and the patched version! What an utter waste of hard drive space. On the PC, with all the DLC installed, the game install is less than 11 GB!!! Absolute joke IMO; it must surely be a bug?

Top Bottom