• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Trailer
http://kotaku.com/5638588/new-devil-may-crys-debut-trailer

dmc_title-logo-copy-300x212.jpg

Screenshots:

Gawny said:

Press
The next instalment of the multi-million selling Devil May Cry™ franchise, DmC sees Capcom collaborating with UK based Ninja Theory to explore new frontiers for the series.

DmC is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3. From its debut on PlayStation 2 in 2001, the Devil May Cry series has been synonymous with stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist. This ‘Devil May Cry DNA’ remains but is now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise.

Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmCwill retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment.

A true collaboration, DmC sees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameen Antionades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.

Title in question being developed in SF, and produced by Alex Jones.

Trailer going on now features a guy in a red and black coat with two pistols and a sword. No name yet.

Characters name is Dante, but he looks too young Must be a prequel or Dante's son or something like that.

Developer turns out to be Ninja Theory. That confirms the rumors that had been floating around before the press conference. Infanue says that some might not like an American team heading up DMC, but not to worry. From the trailer, it looks like the game was as Devil May Cry as can be.

duckroll

8:57PM "This is a rebirth of Devil May Cry." The combat certainly looks familiar, and the fresh attitude matches what we expect from the series (it's more DMC3 than DMC2, thankfully). But, there's a psychological slant to the game as well, it seems. There's a questioning of reality in the trailer, as a character trapped in chains (in a mental institute, perhaps?) is intercut throughout the video.

duckroll

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/

The next instalment of the multi-million selling Devil May Cry™ franchise, DmC sees Capcom collaborating with UK based Ninja Theory to explore new frontiers for the series.

DmC is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3. From its debut on PlayStation 2 in 2001, the Devil May Cry series has been synonymous with stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist. This ‘Devil May Cry DNA’ remains but is now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise.

Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmCwill retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment.

A true collaboration, DmC sees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameen Antionades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.

Jex

I can't stop the tears and the laughter.

I may need to sit down for quite some time.

dmc Devil May Cry as well? REALLY?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The biggest tragedy? It is unlikely to run at 60 fps (or even a constant 30).

Why is Capcom farming out everything these days?

Nemesis_

I was expecting radical changes to reflect how Bayonetta changed the genre.

This is in the complete opposite direction. What the fuck have they done. =(

dark10x said:
The biggest tragedy? It is unlikely to run at 60 fps (or even a constant 30).

Why is Capcom farming out everything these days?

Not everything, they made sure to keep Lost Planet 2 in house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom