• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

sn00zer

Got a question.

Does Devil May Cry actually exist in this game? How is it incorporated in this series? We all know Devil May Cry was Dantes business in the original series, speaking of which, hypothetically speaking, I would love if they incorporated side mission, demon hunts out of Devil May Cry, which could serve as a small hub world.

An Episode-like structure would be pretty damn cool for DmC2

Dahbomb

Got a question.

Does Devil May Cry actually exist in this game? How is it incorporated in this series? We all know Devil May Cry was Dantes business in the original series, speaking of which, hypothetically speaking, I would love if they incorporated side mission, demon hunts out of Devil May Cry, which could serve as a small hub world.
This idea has only been brought up a hundred times already. :D

And no there is Devil May Cry shop in this game.

TP

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/01/dmc-devil-may-cry-keys.html

"Capcom have informed us that at present, there will be no pre-load for this title."

ibiAxdKJuPlhVi.gif

Edit: It's up, 7.5 GB

byVNpJ1.png

GMG got some bad info

Xevren

Have 4 missions left for the SSS all nephilim levels and I'll be done with the achievements. With that said I've had a lot of fun with this one. Was definitely too easy but it wasn't bad.

Andrew.

Banned
Im on Mission 17 on Nephilim and Ive been playing for close to 30 hours and this is only my first run. I havent died once, or used any gold orbs. It's just so fun replaying levels and bettering your skills, your score and gaining upgrades. I'm also a huge fan of the mocap tech NT uses so I never get tired of watching the cutscenes.

Will probably wrap it up this week. Def got my 60 bucks worth.

And the custom soundtracks do change everything.

jett

D-Member
I can't preload it. Should I be worried about my codes? When I enter them again it says I already own the game.

I can confirm the code from GMG allows to pre-load only 38 MB.
The second code is likely costume DLC.

Question: if I live in the Eastern time zone, does the game unlock for me at 12 AM on Thursday night, or will I have access to it based on some other time zone?

EDIT: steam says 1 day and 19 hours from now, that makes it 1 PM on Friday (Eastern time zone).
That's too bad, might actually go to work then.

iavi

It's a joke how they put the PC in there when the video is of such low quality, it just looks like the console versions if the video can't go higher than 720p @60 fps

It really is, but it's all I could find from a big gaming site lol

Dahbomb

Angry Joe's review feels more like an 8/10 than a 7/10, I guess he just operates on a different scale than most other review places. He does bring up legit complaints but I mean... it's just more colorful than insightful.

And Dante's haircut is hardly emo.

Dahbomb

I wonder what's going to come first.

First fully featured swag combo video or this thread being move to the Community section of GAF or the costume pack released for consoles.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
DMC 4 came out in 2008. DMC 5 should have been out in 2011, but Capcom thought Dragon's Bomba was worth doing instead and spending four years on.

-.0 ... you sir have given me a hate related eye twitch.

and I mean ...

http://www.hypable.com/2012/06/25/dragons-dogma-passes-1-million-sales-sequel-confirmed/

it didn't do horribly. And it least the sequel to DD won't be gutter punk toned down experience that i walk through in 6 hours.

edit: Pardon my vitrol at the top of the page.

Mupod

Try restarting Steam

tzw8vEo.png

The Steam community hub seems to have disappeared

I've restarted and deleted local content multiple times, can still only preload 38 megs.

Am I the only with ValveTestApp220440 Retail showing up in their account details after redeeming GMG's key on Steam?

In addition, it seems DmC isn't being counted in my game list despite it being shown in my library.

Would these two events just be a pre-purchase/pre-load issue?

Not just you...are the ones able to preload seeing this as well?

jbgRlsYYjjpbYq.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
I think it's more a case of pouring so much resources into creating DD that now they have to recoup their losses by creating expansions/sequels to DD.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt that. Even though their expectations were high, I'm sure they knew they were taking a loss. But the acclaim and solid sales were enough for them to see that it wasn't a waste of time.

In any case, I'd much rather see them to continue on with the DD series than say DMC5 or Strider, or whatever game fans want Capcom to make.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt that. Even though their expectations were high, I'm sure they knew they were taking a loss. But the acclaim and solid sales were enough for them to see that it wasn't a waste of time.

In any case, I'd much rather see them to continue on with the DD series than say DMC5 or Strider, or whatever game fans want Capcom to make.

This guy knows whats up. The potential of DD to grow and improve in a sequel far outstrips any potential in NTs further vision for Dante.

I would, on the other hand, enjoy seeing NT create a new IP where they took the time and care to make enjoyable combat like it seems they have done with DmC and not be restricted to the Devil May Cry story ... DmC combat + HS cutscenes and acting/story = finally a winning formula for NT.

Gav47

I've restarted and deleted local content multiple times, can still only preload 38 megs.

Yup, its the same for me as well hopefully it'll get fixed tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

TP

jbgRlsYYjjpbYq.jpg

"When activating these keys on Steam, they may register as Valvetestapp. This is nothing to worry about, and you will be able to find DMC: Devil May Cry listed in your Games Library."

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/01/dmc-devil-may-cry-keys.html

Did you guys with the preload trouble get your keys from GMG? In that link above they say "Capcom have informed us that at present, there will be no pre-load for this title."
Maybe the issue is specific to their keys

Played the demo of this; thought it was ok from an action standard, but still short of a Devil May Cry standard. Not sure if this is in the full game, but with the demon/angel pulls, are there enemies that will be affected differently by it, like they will pull on it and bring Dante to them to attack, or are there any bosses/environments where you can effectively pull and control something. I've envisioned this mechanic to be like pulling a huge floating pillar or something to hit a huge boss with.

I suspect there's nothing like this in the game. I'll see for myself when I get it eventually, but I hope it's something they consider if they go through with a DmC2.

Top Bottom