• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 PSP: fake...or real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chandoog said:
also, some chinese site claiming DMC4 on the PSP (?), very highly likely a fake ..

http://psp.duowan.com/0908/114519821163.html

SecretBonusPoint said:
Thats...a pretty convincing fake if it is... O___o

333x3pe.jpg

2v36gox.jpg

mwu0w8.jpg

Recent slew of PSP announced stuff and screens have already left me pretty light-headed but if this was confirmed...well my testicles will be going 2d for a bit.

Discuss. Thats an awful lot of convincing work for a fake, but I guess it could be I don't know?

EDIT: IS FAKE. ALL GO HOME.

Luigiv said:
DMC4low-1.jpg

333x3pe.jpg

Yep, it's just the PC version with the setting turned all the way down (and cropped to the PSP's resolution).

SmokyDave

I'm gonna go ahead and guess Real. Makes perfect sense, especially with a new RE going to PSP.

Now if only Capcom would team up with Takumi and bring me Mars Matrix PSP.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Those pics indeed look like they're from the beginning of DMC4.

This chinese site isnt related to "gamewave" by any chance, is it? If it is then the possibility for DMC4 PSP being real is high.

Certainly not impossible. Looks like what I would expect it too.

Why DMC4 though? I'd expect DMC1 maybe, in fact I think it was rumored for some time.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Kyoufu said:
I would've said DMC3 instead, except the lack of tiggers will make it hard to switch weapons on the fly. DMC1 it is!

Drat!

The shot with just Nero sort of looks like it could be genuine, because the textures properly fit the model, im guessing on a PC with Low settings they would look alot blurrier than that. Still, sum1 fire up the PC version ;).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
These screens were posted on 2ch connected to a n4g article about how dmcpsp got canceled.

These guys most likely took the shots without thinking about it.

There is a 3d version of dmc for JP cell phones.

Luigiv

Edit: Fixed the resizing

DMC4low-1.jpg

333x3pe.jpg

Yep, it's just the PC version with the setting turned all the way down (and cropped to the PSP's resolution).

faridmon

aren't those guys tat leaked disgaea PSP and Persona PSP? If yes, then it is legit.

and didn't Capcom say that they have a surprise announcement and Gamecom? there you go.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just the pc version, guys

n2lb10.jpg

bdulgn.jpg

mlozfk.jpg

11wfq85.jpg

edit: if it weren't for my slow ass internet, I might have been able to post this when it was still relevant -_-

Since I didn't realise the PC version could go down to such low-tech levels, it would be interesting to see what Lost Planet, Street Fighter 4 and RE4/5 look like on their lowest settings as well, just to fund the obviously starved world of PSP fakes with more cruel tidbits :D

Luigiv

SecretBonusPoint said:
Since I didn't realise the PC version could go down to such low-tech levels, it would be interesting to see what Lost Planet, Street Fighter 4 and RE4/5 look like on their lowest settings as well, just to fund the obviously starved world of PSP fakes with more cruel tidbits :D
Yeah that caught me off guard too. Unfortunately I don't think SFIV could get away with it since the backgrounds can't be scaled down (they can only be turned off so all fights happen in a bland blue box).

Edit: Well here's a look at it

Absolute Lowest settings
SFIVlow.jpg

With backgrounds turned on
SFIVlow2.jpg

I must say, seeing battles at 5 times speed is quite fun :p.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just looking through the shittily compressed JPGs I have here:

21odaj4.jpg

it looks like a painting come to life, right guys?

Alphahawk

_dementia said:

The 360 version (and I presume the PS3 version too) required you to hold the the right bumper while performing certaint moves which was absolute murder on my hands. Come to think of it the PS3 versions probably easier on the hands given that the trigger and shoulder buttons are right next to each other.

SecretBonusPoint said:

Hellz yeah -

LostPlanetDX92009-08-1812-49-13-53.jpg
LostPlanetDX92009-08-1812-49-51-47.jpg

LostPlanetDX92009-08-1812-50-16-28.jpg
LostPlanetDX92009-08-1812-50-46-25.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Alphahawk said:
The 360 version (and I presume the PS3 version too) required you to hold the the right bumper while performing certaint moves which was absolute murder on my hands. Come to think of it the PS3 versions probably easier on the hands given that the trigger and shoulder buttons are right next to each other.

Didn't DMC4 have completely customizable controls?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
RE5 looks better than expected in some areas. Chris and Sheva, for example, still look great, as do the fire effects

egeahl.jpg
32zl7b5.jpg

2w1uwck.jpg
2e5v1w4.jpg

fogkz9.jpg
4kfj8j.jpg

HUELEN10

SecretBonusPoint said:
Crop em and shop em and that'll ensure we get RE5 PSP, Lost Planet PSP and SF4 PSP "fake...or real?" threads in a few months time :lol
SecretBonusPoint
Harbringer of Doom
(Today, 08:13 AM)
Reply | Quote

Alphahawk said:
but you forgot the part about fully customizable controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom