• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do console gamers spend more time playing single player or multiplayer games?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
There's a story out of Vice saying that Sony has internal metrics showing players spend more time on single player games than they do multiplayer.

I'm skeptical based on public metrics from Steam and XBox Live as well as simple common sense.

What are we missing here? This feels fishy or straight up wrong.

Edit: Lock/Ignore this thread. Didn't see the first one.

Last edited:

Desudzer10

With multiplat games, Rpgs and single player games i mostly play on playstation, mulitplayer i always play on xbox. I'd say my library is 50/50 single-player/multi.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I dunno.. the article doesn't show it's source, and it's honestly a bit vague "PlayStation users are regularly spending more time playing offline than online" could be spin on something.. or could mean what it appears to mean, that overall more time is spent on SP gaming than online.

Either way.. both SP and MP are thriving as far as their popularity.

The "problem" if there is one with SP gaming? They are generally far more expensive to produce.... so companies are fairly risk averse, and are particularly risk averse to new IP.

Sony being more successful than most in the industry isn't necessarily helping convince other companies to jump in either lol.. replicating Sony's success seems nearly impossible at this point.

Last edited:

Warablo

Who knows with Sony's worldwide market share. I could see how offline is big. Usually people play a single player game and are done with it.

Top Bottom