• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do-da do-da do-do-do-do do-do-do! Daytona USA coming to XBLA / PSN?

Rlan

According to a recent Australian Classification Database rating, Daytona USA may be making its way to multiple platforms in the near future. Its listing mentions merely that it’s multi-platform, but given Sega’s recent push to re-release Sega Dreamcast, Genesis, Sega CD and Saturn classics to Xbox Live Arcade we’re putting our money on an XBLA release. Ratings usually mean a game is fairly far along, so we should be hearing something in the near future. Thanks to @lifelower for the tip.

http://www.classification.gov.au/ww...99042a5f47346853ca25790c005d694a?OpenDocument

http://www.xblafans.com/is-daytona-usa-coming-to-xbla-26346.html

215079819_7MHKQ-L-2.jpg

Amazing news if true. Always wanted to play Daytona, having been such a fan of Sega Rally and Outrun, I expect this to be as good as everyone says.

1-D_FTW

Reading the title, thought you were gonna have a posse lining up to lynch you.

Interesting. Defies logic it's not there already. Other than the fact Sega hates money.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I thought they don't have the rights to Daytona anymore, shouldn't this say SEGA Racing Classic or something instead?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If it doesnt come with a wheel and a gearbox I can slam from 4th to 1st around every corner, then this is pointless.

xemumanic

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Please let it be true.

But honestly, I somehow expect Sega to fuck it up.

Thank god for emulators tho. Proper wheel/force feedback support, widescreen support, and even 3D!

Dark Schala said:
Is there a living soul who doesn't like Daytona's music?

Don't worry, there surely is a monster like that.

And I'm sure he'll post in a few minutes right in this thread.

If it doesnt come with a wheel and a gearbox I can slam from 4th to 1st around every corner, then this is pointless.

G25/Fanatec support or bust.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Without a wheel and connectivity, it just isn't the same. :(

Shaneus

Alextended said:
I thought they don't have the rights to Daytona anymore, shouldn't this say SEGA Racing Classic or something instead?
Yup. Though if they scored the rights to use the name (and therefore the music) then it will be amazing. I wouldn't have high hopes of getting lag-free multi for more than four players, though.

PS. Is it weird that I still get goosebumps when hearing the theme? The whole song just reeks of my teenage years spent in arcades.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Be a port of the Model 2 version and not the Dreamcast one.

Please!

.......please?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
DJ Crimson said:
Why are people getting their hopes up? This is Sega we are talking about. Their remakes have been half ass for the most part.

Afterburner Climax wasn't

also, avatar quote

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I remember playing this game on some arcade machine. It was a long time ago.

Top Bottom