• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do Naruto ninjas use genjutsus recreationally?

Okay so when the fuck did ninjas in Naruto just forget they can turn into anything? Like using their transformation jutsu can literally become anything they can think of. Like, for instance, Sakura could turn herself into a table or something. I feel that they all forgot they could do that.
everyone also stops using the switcheroo jutsu eventually or uses it extremely sparingly.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Naruto is a kids cartoon and you guys want more worldbuilding

Hunter x Hunter is as well mind you and that goes dark, really dark. It also touches on sending kids into these incredibly dangerous and crazy adventures and it actually affecting them and rather negatively at that.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Naruto is a kids cartoon and you guys want more worldbuilding
adventure-time-logo.jpg

Wild Card

So a question that I've always had, is the transformation jutsu an illusion, or is it actually shapeshifting? Cuz if it's shapeshifting that ridiculously overpowered, and you have to know this just to graduate the academy.

So a question that I've always had, is the transformation jutsu an illusion, or is it actually shapeshifting? Cuz if it's shapeshifting that ridiculously overpowered, and you have to know this just to graduate the academy.

I think its illusion. Shapeshift wouldn't help all that much. Having Sakura's strength isn't worth much if you don't know how to use it. Unless we're assuming it also gives powers. Like someone could shapeshift into Sasuke or Hinata and have their eye magic.

Ala Alba

Well, when they were fighting Zabuza, Naruto turned himself into a large shuriken that Sasuke then threw (in fact, he was able to use an actual shuriken technique with it).

So yes, it's actually shapeshifting.

SoulUnison

Banned
Well, when they were fighting Zabuza, Naruto turned himself into a large shuriken that Sasuke then threw (in fact, he was able to use an actual shuriken technique with it).

So yes, it's actually shapeshifting.

I always assumed transformations would "fall apart" if really put to the test, sort of like a clone poofing after it gets hit.
Like, the plan worked because the Naruto-shuriken actually missed. If it'd connected it probably would have bounced off like it was made of cardboard, or something.

Otherwise there's just no explaining why people aren't using it all the time.
Like, transform yourself small for infiltration. Transform your hands into knives. Transform into random objects in the environment to hide yourself - actually Naruto did that one at least once, but still: criminally underused.

brinstar

Okay so when the fuck did ninjas in Naruto just forget they can turn into anything? Like using their transformation jutsu can literally become anything they can think of. Like, for instance, Sakura could turn herself into a table or something. I feel that they all forgot they could do that.

I remember them still using that power in the later arcs. There's a part when Naruto disguises a bunch of his clones as rubble during the Pain fight, for instance.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Naruto didn't:
Had an army of clones transform into rocks.

Top Bottom