• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do not exit to UI when updating Warframe.

Warframe has it's own update system that happens in game. Myself, my friend, and someone else in the PS4 launch thread have had their systems locked up when updating the game. I had to hold the power button in for 10 seconds or so then reboot, it checked for errors, rebooted again and I'm fine but talk about a scary few minutes. Let the game update without going to the UI.

th4tguy

Warframe has it's own update system that happens in game. Myself, my friend, and someone else in the PS4 launch thread have had their systems locked up when updating the game. I had to hold the power button in for 10 seconds or so then reboot, it checked for errors, rebooted again and I'm fine but talk about a scary few minutes. Let the game update without going to the UI.

Well, that is disappointing.

Dizzle24

someone should email the devs or something because they will not know about this until 4 people brick their PS4's.

Frostburn

I have the same issue without going into the Ui while it updates.

Launch Warframe
Game checks for update
Starts to download 290mb update
System locks up entirely

I have tried shutting system down and trying again and I have tried deleting the game, re-downloading, rebooting PS4 then launching the game and trying to update.

TL;DR

Avoid trying to play Warframe for now.

Warframe hard locked on me during the update screen my first time, same thing with my friend. I didn't even try to exit to the UI or anything.

I had to pull the plug, but everything was fine after that.

baphomet

Worked fine for me. I backed out and watched some streaming directly from the console as it was updating the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think I'm going to hold off on this for a bit until this stuff is sorted out. I've got plenty to play in the mean time.

Valnen

Ugh, this is not the kind of press this game needs. It updated fine for me =(. I hope this is fixed very very soon. Last thing I want is this game to be DOA on console.

Edgeward

I just let it update since I knew it was downloading a patch, so good thing I decided to just not do anything til it finished. Game runs pretty good too.

Happened to me as well. Died at 22% on the in-game update. Completely locked, holding down the power button got it to reboot eventually. Tech support had me do a "Rebuild Database" in Safe Boot, but I don't think that really accomplished anything. BF4 is crashing on me like a mofo as well :-/

i had no problem. i did it many times and tried to make a recording but was too late since it finished the update.

heck i even powered down, used standby during downloads. no issue.

KillerAJD

Was able to play for about 30+ minutes, and then tried to turn on remote play. Remote play wouldn't connect so I went back to the game, where my ps4 had me sign in again, and then no controller input worked in the game. Tried to close the game and it froze everything. Had to hold the power button down to reset, and then it had to rebuild something. Didn't seem to hurt anything, but was a bit disconcerting while the ps4 rebooted a few times during the check.

I wonder if this was the issue that twitch broadcaster had with his DCUO update a few nights ago. Could be some issue whenever a game has it's own individual patcher.

system11

It does seem to be a common theme that people download things and bam - the machines have trouble. It does make me wonder if the PS4 handles broken/stalled connections rather less well than it should. With PSN being hammered right now this would be the best time to see things like that happen.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I appreciate the heads up. I've already updated Warframe, but good information to know. I want to take every possible precaution so nothing bad happens to my precious.

This happened to me, too.

The PS4 turned on again like normal, shut off, then turned on again. Scared the crap out of me. All good now, though. I've downloaded several games since and am about to play some NBA2k14. :)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Happened here as well. Not immediately, but after a few checks. In fact, it froze completely and wouldn't shut off. After several minutes, I just pulled out the power cable. Rebooted fine, but still...

My ps4 froze earlier when I went to the UI to access my PSN account while contrast was still running. I think these are just bugs that need to be ironed out

Game froze without exiting to UI at 8%.

Shame, as I was hyped to play the PS4 version.

EDIT: Rebooted it and it's downloading fine.

Same thing happened to me, I was about to get super pissed, but it booted back up into safe mode and everything has been fine so far

Game froze on update for me also. Wasn't trying to use ui or anything. Eventually had to pull the plug cause it wouldn't reset by holding power button down. Scared the crap out of me!

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Damn I must be lucky. I updated the game just fine, no lock ups or crashing.

Question for those who were updating the game, did you have any other downloads in the background?

On day one, I had about 4 or 5 downloads going. Kept getting booted into the dashboard when I tried to play a game. Then with Injustice, the game severely lagged during stage transitions. It was so bad that the game would pause for a good few seconds to load the next part of the stage.

Im guessing its because of all the downloading because the game works perfectly now.

FroJay

Banned
I didn't have any problems with WarFrame, but I iddn't try to go to dash while it was updating or downloading.

someone should email the devs or something because they will not know about this until 4 people brick their PS4's.
No one bricked their PS4 updating Warframe. It just crashed.

I think people should be more careful with their language, especially at this new machines / new gen time. All to easy to create a scare, and unduly worry the less technically proficient.

Last gen and it seems this gen consoles have a tendency to fall over, and often. It's when they don't come back from a hard restart - that's when it's a real problem.

Thanks. I've decided to just avoid the game all together for now. I have it installed but have yet to boot it up. I'll uninstall it once I get home. Need gaf for times like these.

ReaperXL7

Im not sure how this is supposed to work honestly. Everything I have downloaded from the Store I just let download, and install from the UI, I dont bother jumping into the game until both are finished. It helps that everything I have downloaded has gone very quickly.

On PS3 when I downloaded DCUO i had to boot up a seperate ingame update screen. On PS4 all I had to do was hit the download button it pops up on my games tab, downloaded, installed, and then when I actually started the game it just took my to me character select screen. The same is also true for Warframe, and Blacklight (though I have yet to actually start either of those yet).

I thought it was pretty damn great that I did not have to sit through the update screen for DCUO, I wonder why Warframe is causing issues for some.

yeah just stay away from the game like the plague for now I'd consider it to risky it might brick your console - i can just imagine people who don't frequent forums getting stuck on that opening patch.

Mine freezes about 9% into the update and then soon after freezes my entire PS4 - even if I don't exit to UI.

Same for me, except 7%.

Holding down the power button didn't work at first, but did after several tries. So, don't unplug the power unless you're tried the button at least a few times.

Robot Pants

Fucking game.
This just happened to me. I exited to Ui no problem but when I went to close the app, it locked up. Held my power button down for five seconds, it beeped and lne the light is fading in and out on top. Still locked up and I'm scared to unplug the power. Help

Top Bottom