• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do Not Search For "The Last Of Us Part 2" On YouTube!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It's extremely disappointing how youtube is not doing anything about it
actually they have been taking down videos banning people who repost memes, etc. at first it was just videos that featured leaked footage, soon videos are being taken down just for people talking about it.

you should not want this lol. this is wanting corporations to be able to silence people.

just have some damn self control

joe_zazen

Man, i really want to crouch behind some trash and throw a bottle to distract each youtubber and then stab each one in the head as they wonder why each of their friends gets killed one by one.

Last edited:
Holy Kahungas........ I have already spoiled myself...... No way this has many 10/10. I already begin to question these perfect reviews!

hunthunt

Banned
I unsubscribed from every gaming related Youtube channel.

Its ok for me anyway, most of them are useless, boring, retarded and targeted for young kids.

xrnzaaas

actually they have been taking down videos banning people who repost memes, etc. at first it was just videos that featured leaked footage, soon videos are being taken down just for people talking about it.

you should not want this lol. this is wanting corporations to be able to silence people.

just have some damn self control
I'm not talking about TLoU2 specifically and banning people for posting TLoU leaks or memes based on them. It's a topic for a different conversation.

Many channels, including big "legitimate" ones, post videos with huge spoilers in the titles and/or thumbnails. Youtube should have some rules or filters implemented for that, because it's very likely you'll get a spoiler just by browsing youtube and not looking for the spoiler videos.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Fake

Youtube already allowed to do that, so no big deal.

I recommend if someone here want to play the game just get out of the internet. Works for me on Death Stranding. Now, on the TLOUS case, will pass the game. So much inconsistenses inside the game and I tired of people saying 'need context'. I already saw the context and still find shit.
You have be warned.

DZ_b_EZ

Cmon, dude. Just searching for the game is inviting spoilers into your home and allowing them to sit on your face.

Then you went to the worst place to search?? Everyone who is a spoiler-avoidance freak will tell you this.

Cmon, dude. Just searching for the game is inviting spoilers into your home and allowing them to sit on your face.

Then you went to the worst place to search?? Everyone who is a spoiler-avoidance freak will tell you this.

Problem with that mindset is you're saying we can't try to find a Youtube review for a game to see if it's worth our time? The main problem being for many of us it's hard to trust professional critics and Youtube is a good way to gauge things better. Honestly there should just be some sort of setting on Youtube where you can avoid seeing content that's spoiler-y, they curate the shit out of their content so the idea they can't do it is silly to me.

Thanks for this, yea I just avoided searching anything to do with the franchise. I got a light spoiler just by typing a characters name in google. It sucks but only one more day. Avoiding spoilers since April has been tough.

Valentino

I'm not even searching for the game and I know something will crop up sooner or later. It's the suggested and reccomended section that's the problem. Some unknown knob with a small account will post it and put the title in capitals But in general, Youtubers will do this a week or 2 before a release if they somehow got the game.

trikster40

Here’s how I avoid spoilers: don’t give a crap about reviews, play what you want, and never, ever, EVER read articles or watch video about the game you want to play.

DZ_b_EZ

Problem with that mindset is you're saying we can't try to find a Youtube review for a game to see if it's worth our time? The main problem being for many of us it's hard to trust professional critics and Youtube is a good way to gauge things better. Honestly there should just be some sort of setting on Youtube where you can avoid seeing content that's spoiler-y, they curate the shit out of their content so the idea they can't do it is silly to me.

I think if you really need some information on a game, READING a review is your best option. That will at least still create some imagination in your head if you haven't seen the trailers or much gameplay. I try to gauge from the first teaser, and then whatever the first gameplay trailer may be. After that, (I've already made up my mind about purchase at this point) I will sometimes take a look at a snippet of a couple of reviews. That's it.

You just have to form a strategy, become tactical.....

Edit: missed some words

Last edited:
Nobody cares about someone‘s opinion who didnt play the game. We have people watching snippets of Titanic, then warning everyone of the ending. "Rose didnt want to share a RAFT. LMAOO. RAFT RAFT."
Eaz0BrpXgAUBNBf

Hostile_18

Banned
" 911 what's your emergency? "

yeah em I think I just witnessed a murder on the forums.

I'm not saying it dosnt happen but it's so rare.

Let's put it this way;

Me: Loved every ND game. Game is getting amazing reviews from people who have played the game in its entirety.

Person B: Don't play this game, Ignore the above, I've seen some out of context spoilers and also the media lies.

It's not a hard decision which to go for 😛😉

I'm not saying it dosnt happen but it's so rare.

Let's put it this way;

Me: Loved every ND game. Game is getting amazing reviews from people who have played the game in its entirety.

Person B: Don't play this game, Ignore the above, I've seen some out of context spoilers and also the media lies.

It's not a hard decision which to go for 😛😉
If you love their games than, most likely than not, you will love this as well. I'm just tired of seeing flawed games getting 10/10's.

Hostile_18

Banned
If you love their games than, most likely than not, you will love this as well. I'm just tired of seeing flawed games getting 10/10's.

Well 10 dosnt mean perfect. Look at Death Stranding and RDR2 both very marmite games but I can totally respect one person giving either a 6 and another a 10.

I think on the whole the average review score is a good general indicator but there will always be individual interpretation. Naughty Dog games always sell well, so they do keep their target audience largely satisfied.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

They will even tell you that a 10 doesn't mean a perfect game.

If 10 means perfect, then they would never give it a 10 and no one will ever achieve it.

Moogle11

Banned
Yeah, it's a media blackout for me on all things TLOU2 since the state of play.

Same. I'm staying off here, Reddit and anything social on the internet after it releases tonight until I beat it. Will be a bit too as I'm out of town Sat-Tuesday and won't be able to play and will probably be swamped with work for a few days after that.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lets see how many more YouTubers and fans react within the next few weeks.

Most people who are saying the game is bad across social media haven't even played the game.

If people claim that SJW pandering can cause a person to give the store a 10, well maybe that pandering (even if really subtle) can cause a person to say the game is bad.

If the majority who played it enjoyed it, then it's going be clear why the reviewers scored it so high.

RedVIper

Banned
Imagine thinking every outlet is lying to you 😂

My Faith is in Naughty Dog and their past record btw.

Yeah, we all know the media is unbiased.

0sfkB7n.png

rB4pirp.png

FLZytG3.png

K6iUKLU.png

OqHYTnU.png

The media is totally trustworthy and they have the interests of the consumers in mind.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You know what I find funny?

There's some people on this forum talking about how reviews are bias, yet you see them in review threads when a game they like scores well.

Why don't I see you guys complaining scores all the time in review threads?

boneso

Quick update. I have now finished the game twice and am 2 trophies away from platinum.

I very much enjoyed the game, despite the spoiler which turned out to be a very small part of a very big story.

It's not perfect and I have a few bug bears with the story and bits of the gameplay, particularly the weapon selection system, but overall... 9/10.

Bartski

Gold Member
Or use an app to block specific video from youtube.
how do you use an app to block a specific video on youtube? seriously, I've been looking for a method that actually works for ages. Spoiler Protection 2.0 and Unspoiler chrome extensions do a real good job covering text wherever a keyword or a set of keywords appear (also on GAF, social media etc). You can disable ALL thumbnails but there seems to be no way to filter this shit out selectively.

All I'd really want from youtube is just an option, where I can choose never ever to see any content from a channel "XYZ" in my feed, in my recommendations, and so on.
I have a whole list of channel names I'd just want to permanently GTFO of my daily youtube browsing forever. Every time I see this kind of shit I take note hoping one day someone will come up with a solution.
The method described in this article using every individual channel's "about section" - doesn't work.
On chrome with AdBlocker installed, right-clicking on a video gives you a menu with an option that says "Block videos from this channel. - doesn't work, like at all.
I'm still seeing stuff from some of the worst, most popular offenders, just because I watch a lot of other gaming content - youtube shoves this shit down my throat.

Correct me if I'm wrong but such a feat can only be achieved using the premium "youtube kids" PHONE app, not available in my part of the world.
I'm either missing something there or it's simply impossible.

So if anybody knows a way, share! Or develop a youtube channel ban chrome extension that works, I'm buying.

Top Bottom