• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do people realize Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy is the best selling non-bundled platformer this gen? Over 10 million sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people stop to realize this, but Crash is back, and now only is he back but if we look at unbundled (excluding limited ones) platform games he's the best selling platformer this generation on consoles with over 10 million sold. This is after a 7 year break.

Even if you were to include heavily bundled games only ONE game beats Crash and that's the heavily bundled Super Mario Odyssey, which as sept, is only ~5 million units ahead.

Selling over 10 million also makes Crash N.Sane one of the best selling games this generation.

Think about some of the most notable games, bad or good, this gen since 2013 until now, and notice how many of them CRASH BANDICOOT outsold in 2019? It's a pretty big deal.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that is way more than I would have thought. I got it and Spyro as part of the Humble Bundle monthly subscription. Going to have install it and give it ago one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordanN

Banned
$30 for 3 games, multiplatform.
And they're remakes.

That said, we are suppose to get an entirely new Crash game next year, so we'll see how that performance goes.

I personally want Crash to succeed because I do miss that type of platformer. I only took a pass on the N-Sane trilogy just because I did beat the originals.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
hj1GWlM.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
And they're remakes.

That said, we are suppose to get an entirely new Crash game next year, so we'll see how that performance goes.

I personally want Crash to succeed because I do miss that type of platformer. I only took a pass on the N-Sane trilogy just because I did beat the originals.
N-Sane Trilogy adds analog controls to Crash 1, a new level to Crash 1, a new level to Crash 3 (which is the best Crash 3 level!), and time attack to Crash 1 & 2. If you really like the Crash gameplay, you should reconsider whether to skip the N-Sane Trilogy.

Somoza

I dont know about that.

Mario Oddyssey has sold 15 million. Sure it was bundled with the console but crash was too.
Mario was full priced at 60 while crash has been discounted and its multiplatform.

It sold tons, dont get me wrong, but mario at full price with its nintendo tax its more impressive.

Then again, i am drunk and i am going to sleep so maybe i am wrong.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

And they're remakes.

I also love the originals but don't leave out the remakes. I bought them on sale and it was well worth it.

Also people saying the remakes are easier because you can save after every level in even in Crash 1. Yeah, but time trails are much harder than anything in the originals. You gotta literally turn into a speedrunner to get gold or platinum. Crazy hard.

Enjay

Banned
the best selling platformer this generation on consoles with over 10 million sold. Selling over 10 million also makes Crash N.Sane one of the best selling games this generation.
Super Mario Odyssey sold over 15 million and was a Switch exclusive and launched when the switch was hard to find.

chinoXL

good to see it sold well for them... i should pick this up, are all versions pretty much equal in terms of performance and visuals??

So I see people ignoring the OP (where I said excluded limited bundled) and people are talking about a Spyro bundle that happened not long before the 10 million announcement so...........That wouldn't really make up much of the sales.

So I see people ignoring the OP (where I said excluded limited bundled) and people are talking about a Spyro bundle that happened not long before the 10 million announcement so...........That wouldn't really make up much of the sales.
Can you demonstrate what Odyssey bundle you are talking about?

I never really cared for the Crash games back in the day, so I haven't bothered with the Trilogy. Maybe I'll check it out, but I kinda doubt it as my interest isn't very high. :messenger_winking:

Dude, even Mario Oddysey beat it and it was one 1 platform.

From the wiki: "By the end of September 2019, total sales reached 15.38 million copies."

Sonic is more popular than Crash Worldwide, but looks like people only want to talk about it and don't buy the games.

Well that's what I meant, popularity among gamers. Sonic is obviously more well know world wide (Outside maybe the US and Japan) but as you said they don't seem to be buying Sonics games.

The limited edition more expensive bundle that was on sale for less than a month? This counts as heavily bundled but the Crash stuff doesn’t?

First off you said there wasn't a bundle so that's one minus.

Secondly they still sell the bundle in the US, I can actually go to my local target and get this bundle.

It may not be in every retailer, but there are clearly some places that still sell the bundle.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Among those sales are also over 1 million Switch sales, which is impressive, if you consider the franchise and the rivalry with Mario. Second best selling 3D platformer after Mario on the system. It could reach Sonic Colors sale levels

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Yes, people also said it was a niche franchise that was never good,...... and only a few vocal few are "asking for this"..... It was never that popular and it's only Nostalgia talking..... Then crash launched and crashed that party harrrrrddddd....

First off you said there wasn't a bundle so that's one minus.

Secondly they still sell the bundle in the US, I can actually go to my local target and get this bundle.

It may not be in every retailer, but there are clearly some places that still sell the bundle.
Dude... this is like banging my head against a wall.

JimboJones

No doubt it seems to have reinvigorated the brand, hopefully they can capitalise on it, consistency is key let's hope there "crash 4" "crash mania" or whatever they call it can live up to the original trilogy and not go backwards to the ps2 era trash.

FranXico

Yes, people also said it was a niche franchise that was never good,...... and only a few vocal few are "asking for this"..... It was never that popular and it's only Nostalgia talking..... Then crash launched and crashed that party harrrrrddddd....
And later on, a lot of those same people rushed to buy it when it came out on their favorite platform.

jts

...hate me...
What???

dims

This was from 2017.
That bundle actually had no discount incentive whatsoever normally associated with bundles. They simply added the MSRPs, so each sale of this bundle is actually more impressive than loose copies. People were buying the game and the console to play it.

Banned
absolutely undeserved... it's as mediocre as a platformer can be... even back in the day it was just a 2d platformer with extremely basic mechanics, dressed up as a 3d platformer

Airbus Jr

Banned
absolutely undeserved... it's as mediocre as a platformer can be... even back in the day it was just a 2d platformer with extremely basic mechanics, dressed up as a 3d platformer

What a pisspoor comments...

Anyway congratulations for crash...

Its doing much better than expected...

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Crash was bundled with Spyro and now it's got one with CTR.

Your threads are fanboy trash.

Its still an amazing achievement for remake game like this to achieve such amazing number

Wtf is wrong with you people why are you so easily triggered and rude

Hes done nothing wrong to you to deserve such hostility

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Whether or not it is the highest selling, it's a pretty incredible number for a remake of PS1 titles.

I bet Activision wishes they released them separately over a 3 year period.

Codes 208

A decent revival to classic 3d platformers (even though spyro is better, fight me)

now when Banjo remastered?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom