• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you believe that the big 3 Xbox games will not have any more delays in 2023? (Starfield, Redfall, Forza)

Will any of the big 3 early AAA games be delayed again in 2023?

• No, all 3 games will release in early 2023 as promised.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • Yes, all 3 games will be delayed from their estimated windows.

Votes: 74 42.0%
  • Yes, Only Forza will be delayed.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Yes, Only Redfall will be delayed.

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Yes, only Starfield will be delayed.

Votes: 44 25.0%

• Total voters

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
But - Forza came out in 2021?

troll GIF

Anyway Starfield looked really rough for a game less than one year out - this isn't uncommon for Bethesda retail releases though, so I don't think it indicates any more delays at all.
But it also showed a game that would benefit from more time.

DR3AM

All 3 will come out this year but I have a feeling that Forza will not ship with RT on Xbox right away

DaGwaphics

I doubt there will be true delays. Though the games may get spaced apart a bit to balance the release schedule, unless they have more on tap for the back half that we don't know about yet.

schaft0620

My guess is that Starfield takes Nov 10 (1110).
Forza and Redfall this summer.

I think Starfield will be a traditional Bethesda game that is beloved. I think Redfall is going to bomb after 45 days, I think Forza is going to get delayed until it preforms better from Gran Turismo in ever single technical aspect. I am sure they are/were plotting for March but I think that Digital Foundry video is more important to them than the date.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I do believe a "delay" system will be built at Xbox, and it will be integrated with any titles deemed "first party". So, for example..(insert name) goes gold, then there's a standard two month delay". 😄

Ozriel

M$FT
I think there's a big problem behind the scenes with Xbox Series S optimization, Digital Foundry said they heard some things and then there was that journalist

That’s not what we’re talking about, though. It’ll always be some challenge to scale down from the flagships to a more constrained system, but the key point is that there’s no record of any AAA or AA game delayed due to ‘optimizing for Series S’. So the odds of this process being a reason for delay for MS first party is quite miniscule.

Ozriel

M$FT
Wait...

Is that all that's slated to release next year for MS?

-Forza is Forza...practically an annual title.

-Redfall? Looks weird and goofy af.

-Starfield? Yeah I get the hype on this. Seems to be unmatched in ambition from either Sony or Nintendo first party. But that's only one game to be hyped for.

MS needs to actually put out titles at some point. They have been glacial.

12 months from June 2022 doesn’t end in January 2024. They’ve only announced the slate of games targeting H1 2023.

Also, the last Forza Motorsport game was in 2017. The next Forza game will be appearing more than 5.5 years after the last one. That’s not how an annual franchise is determined.

Arkane Austin considers Redfall to be their most ambitious game to date. I certainly don’t get ‘weird and goofy’ from that and I expect that the title - just like Deathloop - will provide quite a few surprises when reviews hit.

AJUMP23

It's already too late for that. Starfield has already had a set release date that has come and gone.
Current track. The development track has slid. But starfield will make its current release. Maybe Forza get delayed but I doubt it. Redfall they have shown gameplay so they are all probably on their current track.

TheShocker

Red fall and Starfield will for sure be delayed. We have seen so little of Forza at this point that I don’t know if it will make a 2023 release at all. Exaggeration (kinda, maybe). Some weird shit happening at MS studios.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
That’s not what we’re talking about, though. It’ll always be some challenge to scale down from the flagships to a more constrained system, but the key point is that there’s no record of any AAA or AA game delayed due to ‘optimizing for Series S’. So the odds of this process being a reason for delay for MS first party is quite miniscule.
That is my assumption. We would likely never know if a game was delayed due to getting it to look and perform well enough on the XSS. MS wouldn't want that info out in the public

MOTM

Banned
Lol this is funny seeing how actual developers even said that optimization could be an issue on the XSS
You mean that other visual artist, that random QA tester at a studio not building any XSS games and that other dev building a game that could run on a N64?

Yeah I’ll take their word for it and ignore every single game that runs just fine on XSS.

Jadsey

Based on what we have seen, I think Starfield needs a good year extra in the oven.

Forza and Redfall need to make it or Phil is starting to look frankly ridiculous.

Miocrosoft has os much moiney that they can delay these games indefinitely
They can't. They have to put out Starfield while Todd Howard is still hot. Get some skinny jeans on that guy and put him on a stage and he sells copies. Todd will probably be hot for at least 6 more years, if his hairline holds steady. They need Starfield and Elder Scrolls out by then.

Ozriel

M$FT
Lol this is funny seeing how actual developers even said that optimization could be an issue on the XSS

We just had Plague’s Tale and Callisto Protocol show up on Series S, one of them features prominently on Digital Foundry’s best looking games of 2022 list and the other is a stunning game too.
Both ran well on Series S, and not a peep about any issues optimizing for XSS that could lead to a delay.

But you’re happy to cite speculation from visual artists that aren’t even working on Series S games.

Top Bottom