• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you believe that the big 3 Xbox games will not have any more delays in 2023? (Starfield, Redfall, Forza)

Will any of the big 3 early AAA games be delayed again in 2023?

• No, all 3 games will release in early 2023 as promised.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • Yes, all 3 games will be delayed from their estimated windows.

Votes: 74 42.0%
  • Yes, Only Forza will be delayed.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Yes, Only Redfall will be delayed.

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Yes, only Starfield will be delayed.

Votes: 44 25.0%

• Total voters
Redfall, Forza Motorsport Reboot, and Starfield have been hinted at to be releasing next year, however less than a week from the new year and these games still have vague launch windows without anything narrowed down, and no actual dates.

There is rumored to be an event coming up, however we've also heard reports, though not confirmed, of internal problems at Microsoft.

I just have a sinking feeling that at least one of the big 3 that are supposed to released in earlier 2023, will be delayed again. Do you agree or do you think that all 3 are on schedule despite the lack of any real updates, and release dates will be confirmed for all 3 games at Microsofts rumored upcoming event?

feynoob

Banned
Forzas have microdlc and season passes,
These type of games would always have these stuff in the current gen.
I hate them.
bethesda games are usually extremenly bugg
Its bethesda, its always going to be buggy. Starfield is going to have that, due to their engine.
I hoped they will move on from that stupid engine. But nope, they did an overhoul.

Last edited:

Nydius

This is a tricky question really, since the only confirmed release date for all three are a very vague "first half of 2023". But I strongly believe only one of them will make that window.

A few days ago, a leaker on Twitter dropped a rumor that internally Redfall is delayed roughly 6 weeks with a target of May. If that's accurate, they'll still make the "first half of 2023" window.

In the September Forza Monthly, Forza's creative director Dan Greenawalt stated that FM wouldn't enter the polishing phase until "sometime in 2023". That verbiage doesn't bode well for the supposed spring release date. Unless the game starts polishing the first week of January, I find it highly unlikely it will come out in March through June. Polishing usually takes months and usually runs alongside a final phase of bug testing/fixes.

Starfield is complete radio silence. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. The fact that they didn't use The Game Awards to show any progress on the game is concerning, at least IMO.

Even if all the stars were to align and they had no further delays, I can't imagine Microsoft would drop Forza Motorsport in March/April, Redfall in May, and Starfield in June. Those are the biggest releases for the brand in 2023. I suspect it's more likely that Redfall remains a first half of 2023 title, coming in late May/early June. Forza Motorsport ends up coming along in late summer, early fall as a September/October release, and Starfield becomes the holiday November/December big marketing release.

Last edited:

zzill3

Banned
If they were gonna delay Starfield or Redfall more the announcement would have been for ‘2023’ rather than ‘first half of’. I reckon they were pretty confident of that, since it gives them up to 7 months from when the game should have been released (for Starfield at least, don’t think Redfall had a date before) at the latest.

Think all 3 will be first half

RespawnX

Redfall 04/23
Forza 09/23
Starfield 11/23

You will also see some 3rd Party day 1 titles on Game Pass to fill the gap. Also expecting some unannounced AA titles from MS Studios.

I think a delay on all of the games could happen, but I think these will finally some out from mid to late 2023 with Starfield probably showing up in Late 2023. What concerns me the most is will these games be good, worth the hype and waiting period?

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Think there is a solid chance that at least 2 of the 3 will release before July.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The only hint on release dates is that all 3 are out before the start of June (12 months from last E3 adjacent show) with Starfield being delayed within that period. Have we heard anything official since that and not from their controlled leaks.

Last edited:

Jaybe

The end of June is the end of Microsoft’s fiscal year. Come hell or high water, these three games will be released by the end of June 2023.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think that forza and redfall will hit their estimated windows of spring (for forza) and late spring early summee (for redfall). I think starfield will absolutley get another push to September-November 2023

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Starfield could easily be holiday 2023. Probably should be. Redfall is fine. Forza has no date.
That's my thinking too. I would be fine with that since TotK is supposed to release in May and I'm hoping Starfield is later than that or I won't be able to play it at launch since I want to play both leisurely and see and do everything but I'm much more excited about Starfield. I'll play Redfall whenever and I'm not interested in Forza MS.

3liteDragon

Didn't say Bethesda say Redfall & Starfield were scheduled for the first half of 2023? So probably a Fall 2023 release for Starfield.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
While none of the three have actual release dates and were all said to be "coming 2023", I can see Redfall being pushed to April/May, Forza being pushed to September and Starfield being pushed to November. I think Ghostwire Tokyo releases first in early April and Minecraft Legends releases in late May.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Nah. Microsoft needs a big year. All 3 will release and be optimized well enough in 2023. I'm predicting they have a couple of surprises, too

No way to tell, and honestly, don't really mind. They should release when they're ready.

Should be another Forza Horizon DLC soon though.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
There is no way forza gets delayed.

Redfall. Probably not gonna be delayed but I see high chances of "felling rushed".

Starfield is a massive game. I dunno i wouldn't be surprised if it get delayed a couple of months.

Redfall. Probably not gonna be delayed but I see high chances of "felling rushed".

Starfield is a massive game. I dunno i wouldn't be surprised if it get delayed a couple of months.

Redfall will be internally delayed till may and delayed again until September. Same delay schedule as Deathloop

Nydius

Reboot? Why would they need to reboot the series exactly?
This upcoming iteration of Motorsport is a soft reboot of sorts but mostly on the business side of things. If I recall correctly, the reason they dropped the "8" from the title of this one is because they wanted one that could last the entire generation so they would have lengthier licensing contracts with car manufacturers rather than the way they did things in the past, which led to games being delisted 3-4 years after release due to contractual licensing obligations.

I genuinely don't understand how people keep saying this with such certainty in this thread when the creative director of the entire Forza series himself has admitted that the game is still in development and won't enter the polishing phase until "sometime next year".

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I genuinely don't understand how people keep saying this with such certainty in this thread when the creative director of the entire Forza series himself has admitted that the game is still in development and won't enter the polishing phase until "sometime next year".
Now I remember that statement.

I just wanted to be nice.

With Xbox's track record a little bit of certainty would be appreciated.

CosmicComet

Wait...

Is that all that's slated to release next year for MS?

-Forza is Forza...practically an annual title.

-Redfall? Looks weird and goofy af.

-Starfield? Yeah I get the hype on this. Seems to be unmatched in ambition from either Sony or Nintendo first party. But that's only one game to be hyped for.

MS needs to actually put out titles at some point. They have been glacial.

Kagey K

Banned
Wait...

Is that all that's slated to release next year for MS?

-Forza is Forza...practically an annual title.

-Redfall? Looks weird and goofy af.

-Starfield? Yeah I get the hype on this. Seems to be unmatched in ambition from either Sony or Nintendo first party. But that's only one game to be hyped for.

MS needs to actually put out titles at some point. They have been glacial.
They have announced noting beyond "first half 23" according to thier last E3 presentation.

So right now that's what's on the plate. Similar to Sony only Having Horizon DLC and Spider-Man 2 for next year (so far)

I'm sure both will have more to announce

Last edited:

zzill3

Banned
They were pretty confident of the 11.11.22 release date for Starfield too -- so confident that they announced it over a year in advance.

Until they weren't.
I’m certain that if Bethesda needed the money still aren’t weren’t backed by MS Starfield would be out now bugs and all, like any number of games released recently in a bad state.
That leaker (can’t remember their name, from reseter) back in the summer said the game was playable from start to finish. Up to 7 months more polish than planned for will definitely have the game ready to be released.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll be optimistic and say they’ll release on schedule. But I don’t really care as long as they’re not delayed into 2024.

Top Bottom