• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you boredom eat?

LOLCats

Banned
i snack a lot when im vegging on Television. When im gaming i barely eat/snack on anything.

but eating for boredom.... no i don't do that.

Last edited:
I don’t know. I eat like 2-3 times a day, so I wouldn’t exactly say I do it when I’m bored. I just get in the mood to eat and have my regular meals at different times of the day.

Can someone tell me why my avatar is suddenly REALLY fucking blurry? It wasn’t like that before and it’s not like that next to the posting box or in my settings. What gives?

highrider

Banned
I guess I kind of do sometimes. Mostly stuff like candy and snacks. Gotta eat away the pain man.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Pretty much never. I try to eat when I'm hungry but I can get by for a while with just my vaping and a drink.

I guess I kind of do sometimes. Mostly stuff like candy and snacks. Gotta eat away the pain man.

I never was a big fan of snacks and candy. I’m weird like that, but I have been enjoying chips more as of late. However, the more chips I eat, the more I want a sandwich to go with said chips. It’s a vicious cycle.

highrider

Banned
I never was a big fan of snacks and candy. I’m weird like that, but I have been enjoying chips more as of late. However, the more chips I eat, the more I want a sandwich to go with said chips. It’s a vicious cycle.

I’m older and I eat pretty well, but also a pretty good amount of chocolate and sugary/salty stuff. But I also exercise and work physically so it hasn’t had an adverse effect on me yet. My family is all about the sugar. Like giant ants.

Last edited:
I need to get on an exercise regimen and stick with it, but I give up too easy if no one is there pushing me to do it. I suck. :messenger_frowning_

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I need to get on an exercise regimen and stick with it, but I give up too easy if no one is there pushing me to do it. I suck. :messenger_frowning_

Don’t be so hard on yourself bro. To foster a change in eating or exercise habits you have to be really good to yourself, because it gives you the best chance for sticking with it believe it or not. As hard as you might be on yourself when you don’t make good decisions or work as hard as you should, be equally good to yourself when you succeed. And it builds over a series of small triumphs every day until it becomes something you master.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Sure, but instead of using the term boredom eating, I use the Japanese equivalent expression: samishii kuchi, which translates to "lonely mouth" and who wants to have a lonely mouth, so better stuff some food in there. :D

brap

Banned
Yea, a pink banana.👌🏻
Looks yummo!
51NXRc%2Bni9L._SX466_.jpg

Sure, but instead of using the term boredom eating, I use the Japanese equivalent expression: samishii kuchi, which translates to "lonely mouth" and who wants to have a lonely mouth, so better stuff some food in there. :D

I've heard that phrase but heard it described more as your mouth being "bored" than lonely.

Top Bottom