• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you care about your post count?

Didn't even know mine until I checked because if this thread.

Total Posts: 5,861 (3.14 posts per day)

Yes, this pleases me. A post an average of π times per day.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about my posts per day ratio asymptotically approaching 0.

If you don't post anymore, you'll hit 0 by approximately 2/19/2083. That day you posts per day will be 0.0499 or so, so you can round to 0 basically. lol

WsyqoBK.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not really, but I do find it interesting to see my posts per day decreasing over the years. I'm becoming a lurker. :(

Ray Wonder

Sometimes I put more effort into a shit post than I do most of my activities throughout the day. I'll write down post number of the extravagant ones.

Mexen

Of course I care. Once you start posting 10+ times a day, you venture into ban territory because you increase the chances of you saying something stupid. Keep it at 4 max a day and survive lawnmowers.

Watcher

Nope. Looking now ive been a member for roughly 3 years and have a daily post count of 0.33 even though im constantly reading neogaf

Fercho

No really, i care about my account.

It took forever to confirm my first account just to be banned almost right away for saying some.......dangerous things about president Trump on inauguration day than may or not be investigated by the secret service.

Never again LMAO.

Ray Wonder

No really, i care about my account.

It took forever to confirm my first account just to be banned almost right away for saying some.......dangerous things about president Trump on inauguration day than may or not be investigated by the secret service.

Never again LMAO.

You mean you made an Alt account to bypass a perma-ban? pretty sure that's a perma-bannable offense you just admitted to. 😂😂

I mostly post in fighting game OTs and tournament threads

I also assume hella people have me on ignore, lol.

I often wonder how many people have me on their ignore list.

I have a post count? Don't even know what is nor do I care.

Yours is 42,701

Mexen

Just saw my count and I'm more surprised by being a member here since 2013. It honestly feels like last week when my account was created after months of waiting. No, wait. It now feels like nearly 4 years.

Not really. Excited when I was a junior and reaching my member quota. Also thought it was cool getting to 10k posts because it was a big number. Now I don't really care much. Seem to be posting less and less nowadays too.

Loomer

I only check the posts count of other members who I see posting all the time out of curiosity. Otherwise, no, I don't really care.

Then again, I'm at 0.80

I have a post count?!?

Edit: Seems like I'm at 8k posts, with 3.7 or so posts daily on average.
That's okay, I guess?
I just love to discuss stuff in this forum and this forum has a lot of stuff I like to discuss.

hEist

totally forgot there is something like this. And no, I don't care.
Total Posts: 2,585 (0.68 posts per day)
seems fine for 10 1/2 ye... shit I'm old.

Oh, I'm slow. 3,200+ posts since 2007. So no, I don't care, really. And I'm glad GAF doesn't show it below one's username like some forums do, as I can completely ignore it.

Edit: Since 2006 it seems. I'm old!

I stopped caring once I got banned the first time. You can have a stellar post history, and then have that not be considered at all when it comes to a ban. Now I just post to add to the conversation in threads that are relevant to my interests, which is as it should be.

Ray Wonder

Really? i did not knew that :s i hope there is no problem , just want to share thoughts on this board.

Idk why, but I think you're charming enough not to get banned for that. lol

You can have a stellar post history, and then have that not be considered at all when it comes to a ban.

I think this is the way it should be. Judge each post on it's merits.

Top Bottom