• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you enjoy spicy foods/hot sauce?

What's it gonna be?

• No thanks, Tabasco is too hot for me

• Bring that shit on

Results are only viewable after voting.

J-Roderton

I usually make most meals hot with some sauce or pepper flakes. Regularly enjoy Dave's Insanity and Da Bomb or whatever is available.

Nymphae

Banned
Not really, to the shame of my Korean girlfriend.

I can understand liking a little spicy flavour, but at a certain point it crosses over into continual pain and I don't understand why people enjoy doing that to themselves.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

I like it hot. Like 95% of the time sure. Not down with gimmicky shit like this:

Had just one of those nuts over the weekend and it ruined my night.

G-Bus

Banned
Yup.

Have a bunch of the sauces from Hot Ones Including their Last Dab. Also got some obscure ones from Mexico and others friends/family have dropped off.

Don't care for them if they lack flavour and are just hot for the sake of being hot. They did a great job with the last dab because it's delicious and pretty damn hot.

On the fence if I'd ever try eating a super hot pepper. Might chew it up and spit it out as I have no interest in letting it melt my insides.

logicslayer

They did a great job with the last dab because it's delicious and pretty damn hot.
Hell yeah. I love putting last dab in my chili. So good!

I love hot food though. I must have like 20 bottles of hot sauce in my pantry. I've eaten "nuclear" and "fire in your hole" wings. So yeah, I can enjoy hot stuff :)

Fbh

Yep, I put hot sauce or some form of chilli powder intro pretty much everything I cook.

Sadly, living in a rural area my options are extremely limited

Last edited:
Love it.

Spicy wings, spicy noodles. Thai food. Indian/South asian. With beer.

Had some tibetan momos and the hot sauce it comes with is insane. Same goes for the tortas and tacos I like to get.

I don't eat like this often though because that shit slices up my insides.

Last edited:
Yep, will really mess up my intestines.

I fucking loooove Mexican food and can’t go anywhere near it.
pwpkwjjewyt11.jpg

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No. I don’t mind the taste and do have some buffalo wings, spicy Indian food etc. from time to time. But it gives me bad reflux and then usually bad IBS blow outs on the other side as I got older. So just not worth it very often.

Last edited by a moderator:

highrider

Banned
I do, but not just for the sake of heat. No I will not be trying the wreck your bitch ass pepper wings. I think it is most effectively used in Italian and French food, more subtle and nuanced. But sometimes a vindaloo lamb, or breakfast with hot sauce is amazing.

Drake

So yes I do like hot food, but sometimes it just does not agree with me. A few weeks ago I was at a party and they had stuffed hot banana peppers. They were delicious, but I was basically glued to the toilet for the next 10-12 hours after I got home. My ass was on FIRE. Dear god that was a brutal experience.

DESTROYA

Like spicy food that’s supposed to be traditionally spicy, (Wings, chili etc...) but don’t just dump it on everything because it just ruins the taste for most food.

YukiOnna

Absolutely. I'm South Asian so it's built in me to eat spice. Lately I don't even find Carolina Reapers in food that hot since I have it so often, but it's great flavour.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Habanero is the hottest I’ll eat these days. Has a nice bright flavor too.

Don’t really care to blow up my palate with capsaicin extracts and death peppers.

Gargus

Banned
I love spicy, but not hot. I love this curry chicken at a thai place near me. Its spicy as fuck but I can still taste the food. Or I like bw3 mango habanero wings, when I eat those I have to wash my hands before I take a piss. But I don't like something where all I can taste is hot.

I had to man up at work last week though. Someone knew I liked spicey stuff and offered me some of this beef jerky. Their selling point for me to try it was "so and so ate a piece earlier and threw up". Like 3 people pulled their phones out and pointed them at me so I figured it was time to disappoint them all. So I popped it in my mouth and only chewed it a little and just swallowed and kept chewing for a minute and said "it's pretty spicey but it's not too bad" and they were surprised. But jesus my gut was on fire and it gave me hiccups.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. I like spicy foods and what some people consider spicy is laughable to say the least. Hmph!

I actually have a pepper collection and it has more than 40 options. Me and my wife are addicted. Needless to say we had a blast when we went to Mexico.

Huh, Portuguese is like broken Spanish.

daveonezero

Banned
Unlike riding the edge. Nashville hot chicken should be slightly painful, a little sweet and super tasty.

It’s a risk though sometimes Indian or Thai food goes over the edge to not enjoyable.

Love watching hot ones and the last dab is a very tasty sauce.

Durask

Yes. Not super spicy.
Sriracha is about where my comfort level is (use it instead of ketchup).
I don't like super spicy food where my mouth gets numb and I cannot taste anything.

J-Roderton

Before I pull the trigger on this Secret Aardvark stuff, anyone want to tell me if it's any good? It was on Hot Ones and seems pretty damn popular.

41OlpvLqEFL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah, I like some heat, but not to the point of masochism. At a certain point, you've moved beyond the enjoyment of food as something to actually eat, into a dick-measuring contest tbh.

Papa

Banned
I don't go for the spiciest stuff, but yeah I love spicy things. Gochujang, sambal oelek, sriracha, and good ol' Tabasco are some favorites. I've made a few hot-sauces out of fresh peppers that turned out tasty.

Sambal is the condiment of the gods. This stuff too. I dunno what it’s called but the brand is Lao Gan Ma.

images

Mista

Banned
Yeah I enjoy mild spicy, that kick that makes you go ooooohhh weeeeeee. Unfortunately since I got Crohn’s I can no longer eat spicy food. I men I can but gotta watch out and not over do it. But I’m staying in the safe side like maybe once twice a week is alright

Love it, the hotter the better, as long as it's not the flavourless novelty crap that's just processed capsicum essence for the sake of heat.

Thankfully I have to go insanely hot before it has any effect leaving my body too. Only ever had a bad experience with after effects 2 or 3 times infact.

I carry a little matchbox with four tiny vials of chilli powder with me. scorpion moruga, bhut jolokia, 7 pot and butch t. Almost everything I eat is spicy except breakfast. Although when I was in Thailand even breakfast was spicy.

UK brehs, Tesco has a new stock of hot sauce in. Picked this Mahi Trinidad Scorpion one up and can confirm it's worth a punt. Hot as fuck and tasty too.

4SbPVh9.jpg

Last edited:
I add extra hotsauce on Takis Fuego.... Thats pretty metal AF but usally suffer from eating too much spicy food fir medical reasons.. Thats not gonna ruin my fun on hot foods.

GreyHorace

I like it spicy, but not oppressively hot. My tolerance for spice goes only so far. For context, I have a hard time going through a bowl of Korean Fire Noodles (regular spice level).

b80b420c806babe0c0a6819f2a55609b.jpg

Last edited:

Shifty

I enjoy it, but I don't seek it out for every meal.

Plus I'm probably scrub-tier in comparison to you spice aficionados. A decent handful of sliced Jalapenos in my mexican cooking is generally as adventurous as I get.

Last edited:

KonradLaw

I doubt anybody is born liking spicy stuff. It's something you need to get to learn to like. When I was a hit a spicy mustard was already too hot for me. Nowadays I cook chilli with piripiri and I love it

Top Bottom