• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you enjoy the smell of bonfire residue on your clothing?

bonfire smell good?

• yea

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

teezzy

Banned
Had a bonfire earlier tonight

alt-59f8828f5b84f-4428-ace301c8f15db5368b0f32b2435568c6@1x.jpg

It's getting later in the season, and I'm always tryna have little get togethers when I can now during quarantine as its getting chillier, people have nowhere to go and I don't know how many more times I can have small gatherings in my backyard this year

One thing I'm dealing with right now is this smell of bonfire lingering on my clothing

I used to love it as a kid, now it just sorta reminds me of getting overtly drunk in my teens, and the smell is nauseating. I dont even drink currently, and the smell is still gross to me

I need to take a shower and wash these clothes - cant stand how it just lingers

Gross

Do you like the smell?

Last edited:
Love it while camping or having the fire pit at home but being older now I hate the residue smell the next day or returning to civilization.
This. If you're outdoors it kind of blends in with everything else and gets the edge taken off by all the fresh air.

As soon as you get inside and it's the primary scent though, it's about as pleasant as getting stuck with an asthmatic chainsmoker, with no concept of personal space, following you around.

Dazrael

My next door neighbours have a wood burner so everything smells of smoke in the winter. Can’t put the washing out or open the window to let fresh air in.

Fire, in all its aspects, is one of the most comforting things for me.

I don't want to be overwhelmed with smokiness, but I don't mind it at all.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
After being in the bush a few days it masks the funk smell nicely.

Top Bottom