• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you go to family funerals?

GAMETA

Banned
Take your son with you and crash at a relative’s place? Not really sure what there is to decide. Funerals are huge and can help give closure and comfort to all those personally effected by that death. Everyone else makes an exception for them. So can you.

And I’m not sure what your son not being out much has anything to do with. I do wonder though why you aren’t getting him out more though.

I live in Brazil, Covid's still crazy, my son has bronchitis. That's why we don't take him out much.

I don't own a car, I'd have to travel by bus. The city my cousin lived in is close to São Paulo, one of the highest in Covid cases. The bus would stop there, and from there I'd have to take another bus to the my cousin's city.

I'm working from home for a Canadian company, I'm sure they'd understand, but that'd be at least 2 days off when we are on a somewhat tight schedule.

They all sound like excuses, and they are to some degree, I could've said fuck and go (and I wanted to), but they're also real facts, balancing the scale...

Anyway, it's too late already. He was buried yesterday, I didn't go. God bless his soul.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I live in Brazil, Covid's still crazy, my son has bronchitis. That's why we don't take him out much.

I don't own a car, I'd have to travel by bus. The city my cousin lived in is close to São Paulo, one of the highest in Covid cases. The bus would stop there, and from there I'd have to take another bus to the my cousin's city.

I'm working from home for a Canadian company, I'm sure they'd understand, but that'd be at least 2 days off when we are on a somewhat tight schedule.

They all sound like excuses, and they are to some degree, I could've said fuck and go (and I wanted to), but they're also real facts, balancing the scale...

Anyway, it's too late already. He was buried yesterday, I didn't go. God bless his soul.
Someone else commented that you could still pay your respects to the family when you can. Remember, paying respects is for the living. The dead don't care (as far as we know). So go when you can. Bring your son. Spend time with the family and drop some flowers at the gravesite. Like I said, I work a lot of funerals. People really do appreciate any effort.

Top Bottom