• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like girls with abs?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
No. It's not a feminine quality which my brain is programmed to be attracted to. Same with face hair and muscles in general.

Grinchy

Banned
I’m not the biggest fan. I don’t like overly fit girls already but then when you consider that they exercised every molecule of fat off their bodies, they end up having to put in those horrible fake boobs.

TrainedRage

Banned
Fuck Yeah I do!
teyana-taylor-fade-2-fit-01-480x288.jpg

What's above the abs is more important in my book.

Also in a more general sense, I prefer my women soft rather than hard.

Soft, smooth, and short. SSS women.

Overweight is fine to a certain point, but obesity (like 100+ lbs past the medical obesity limit) and underweight/muscular is a turn-off. I don't want to see muscles/bones/joints on a girl, and I don't want massive rolls of fat. There is a wide range between those points.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
Nah, I'm not into it. It might be a bit of a psychological thing, as a girl with ripped abs is almost certainly not going to go for a fella with an average Joe build such as myself.

I had an ex who was a little chubby when we started dating, but she was all tits and ass - I loved it. She started working out a few years in, and made tremendous strides. No ripped abs, but back and arm muscles and such. I was proud of her, but I wasn't a fan, aesthetically. Also, I wasn't really working out at the time, so in my head I'm thinking she's now going to wanna fuck these dudes at the gym over me...I was right, she tried to bang her trainer and even later went on to date and marry another trainer from that gym when we were through. I had one foot out the door at that point, so when I found out she tried to put the moves on her trainer, I was elated that I could finally split without having to verbalize my general lack of interest.

...but ANYHOO, no, I'd rather take a little chub if it comes with that thickness I like, over a ripped physique like that.

Nah, I'm not into it. It might be a bit of a psychological thing, as a girl with ripped abs is almost certainly not going to go for a fella with an average Joe build such as myself.

I had an ex who was a little chubby when we started dating, but she was all tits and ass - I loved it. She started working out a few years in, and made tremendous strides. No ripped abs, but back and arm muscles and such. I was proud of her, but I wasn't a fan, aesthetically. Also, I wasn't really working out at the time, so in my head I'm thinking she's now going to wanna fuck these dudes at the gym over me...I was right, she tried to bang her trainer and even later went on to date and marry another trainer from that gym when we were through. I had one foot out the door at that point, so when I found out she tried to put the moves on her trainer, I was elated that I could finally split without having to verbalize my general lack of interest.

...but ANYHOO, no, I'd rather take a little chub if it comes with that thickness I like, over a ripped physique like that.
Sounds like she just wasn’t a good partner. She did you a favor my man

hecatomb

Banned
I think you should start a relationship with spelling and grammar first before getting that picky.
Maybe you should learn how to read, instead of bitching and complaining. I never said I only date girls who have good looking abs. Also not wanting to date fat girls isn't picky, if you think so, thats your problem, not mine.

Also I don't like how you assume you know me at all, for all you know, I can bench 220, and have a 6 pack. Also I think it would be more picky to not date a girl in shape, since she actually works out and is not lazy. Compared to most overweight females who are lazy.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
No. I like girls who look like girls.

I always think that guys that are into abs are secretly into guys. Oh well. lol

Physical fitness= attractiveness. The greeks for the longest time valued PE and the beauty of a fit body man or woman. I think most guys are just intimated by a woman who looks better than them lol.

lock2k

Banned
Physical fitness= attractiveness. The greeks for the longest time valued PE and the beauty of a fit body man or woman. I think most guys are just intimated by a woman who looks better than them lol.

Physical fitness doesn't mean having abs. I'm not a fattie chaser.

My wife is fit and she has a regular woman body, without abs, that's IS attractive, at least to me.

Plus, beauty is subjective. I know some things are universal, golden ratio, stuff like that, but I'm into girls with tattoos (for example) and some people think they look hideous.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

What do abs have to do with guys, specifically? Yes, muscle mass is more easily achievable for men, but visible abdominal muscles do not require enormous muscle mass, but just good muslce tone and low body fat. The latter of which being something that is seen as pretty attractive in women by a large number of people. Just look at the girl in op, she is very fit, obviously, but the muscle mass is not screaming "masculine", at all.

Enough with the personal insults. If you continue to do so, you will receive harsher punishment. Let's try to act like an adult.

Some of you really have no issues showing off how retarded you are, lol.

Geki-D

Banned
Yes, muscle mass is more easily achievable for men, but visible abdominal muscles do not require enormous muscle mass, but just good muscle tone and low body fat. The latter of which being something that is seen as pretty attractive in women by a large number of people.
Apparently it generally requires a unhealthily low amount of body fat for your abs to be visible to the point of having a six pack; 10% or lower. Women actually require a higher amount of body fat than men to stay healthy (roundabout 16% at the very least) so women who aim for a solid 6 pack of rock hard abs are risking their health (generally amenorrhea due to hormonal imbalance and everything that revolves around that).

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I would simply because I have yet to.
What are you trying to say?
Apparently it generally requires a unhealthily low amount of body fat for your abs to be visible to the point of having a six pack; 10% or lower. Women actually require a higher amount of body fat than men to stay healthy (roundabout 16% at the very least) so women who aim for a solid 6 pack of rock hard abs are risking their health (generally amenorrhea due to hormonal imbalance and everything that revolves around that).
This depends a bit on how much muscle mass the person has and how the fat distribution is. The higher the muscle mass the lower you can go on fat percentage. In many fields of sports competitive women in the majority of cases have visible abs (gymnastics, judo, boxing, track & field, ...) and while competitive sports is not always the most healthy life style, if the body shuts down due to a lack of fat, it is not exactly giving you a competitive edge. Look e.g. at those two people from instagram (who seem to be hobbyists), I would definitely assume they retain enough body fat for it not to be dangerous:
50083414_2196116300708459_6476417560849049029_n.jpg

49789585_2251396938519515_1736879084823000566_n.jpg

Physical fitness doesn't mean having abs. I'm not a fattie chaser.

My wife is fit and she has a regular woman body, without abs, that's IS attractive, at least to me.

Plus, beauty is subjective. I know some things are universal, golden ratio, stuff like that, but I'm into girls with tattoos (for example) and some people think they look hideous.
Well you just answered your own statement. It IS attractive to me. A woman dosen't have to have abs to be attractive but its a plus for me. I love tattoos too, and I love thicc girls as-well but a woman who has a toned body all around that is very attractive to me.

r0s3f4m

Neo Member
Prefer a nice slim body but wouldn't say I'm into abs on a girl, prefer a girl with a nice butt on her for sure though.

Kadayi

Banned
The question really isn't 'Do I like girls with Abs' it's 'Do girls with Abs like me? '

NbZx.gif

My days of sub 15% body fat are largely behind me

Top Bottom