• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

do you like milk?

NeoGiffer

straight from the titty

eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzaGEyNTYiOiJhNzE4YWY4NmJkZDE1NWQ4NjA2ZjQxNjRkYmMwODZkZWI2OTZkM2U2ODIyOWMyYTUxMTBlNjgyN2FkMTA5NmJlIiwiY29udGVudF90eXBlIjoiaW1hZ2UvZ2lmIiwiaGVhZGVycyI6eyJDb250ZW50LURpc3Bvc2l0aW9uIjoiaW5saW5lIn19.e5jfspJ2D9XVtiTrYm85FN42je50XEeNy-rBQiPj8uo

Terce

Love it, cold homo milk is the second most refreshing drink to me, besides ice cold water of course

Dural

Use to drink a ton but now I just eat yogurt and cheese. With milk they go hard with the pasteurization, they're more delicate with yogurt plus it has good bacteria and less lactose sugars if u have troubling digesting lactose. I don't think u have to even refrigerate many unopened milk brands because of the pasteurization they implement.

Uh no, that's not right at all. There are certain things like heavy cream or half and half that are ultra pasteurized but standard milk is not and if you leave it out you're not gonna like what you come back to.

Fake news going around the internet like above about milk is why dairies only sell about as much milk today as they did in the 50s even though the population has doubled. You'll see shit like "look at the ingredients they're adding sugar to milk" and "there's antibiotics in the milk". The sugar in milk is naturally occurring and dairies check the milk in the tanker for antibiotics before accepting it, if it tests positive it's turned away. The entire process for milk is really quick; they strain it, they pasteurize it, they spin it to take out some fat, then they bottle it. It can be on the store shelves the same day it came in to the dairy.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Uh no, that's not right at all. There are certain things like heavy cream or half and half that are ultra pasteurized but standard milk is not and if you leave it out you're not gonna like what you come back to.

Fake news going around the internet like above about milk is why dairies only sell about as much milk today as they did in the 50s even though the population has doubled. You'll see shit like "look at the ingredients they're adding sugar to milk" and "there's antibiotics in the milk". The sugar in milk is naturally occurring and dairies check the milk in the tanker for antibiotics before accepting it, if it tests positive it's turned away. The entire process for milk is really quick; they strain it, they pasteurize it, they spin it to take out some fat, then they bottle it. It can be on the store shelves the same day it came in to the dairy.

Lotta big name brands organic valley, horizon organic, fairlife are ultra pasteurized maybe the nonorganic milk isn't but I wouldn't touch nonorganic milk. Not fake news at all. Milk blows compared to yogurt and cheese maybe that's why sales are down. Plus when I went looking for milk precise reasons I stopped purchasing is because all the organic/grassfed milk is ultrapasteurized and I wasn't going to touch the nonorganic stuff. Enough for me to be out of the milk game.

• Ultra-high temperature (UHT) milk. Heated to at least 135ºC (275°F) for two to four seconds and stored in special packaging, UHT milk can last six months at ambient temperatures if unopened. Once opened, it should be refrigerated and treated like fresh milk.

Last edited:

Ememee

Yeah I’m prone to fucking love dairy. Certain lattes, smoothies, shakes, ice cream and the like.

Milk is my go-to-sleep snack. 2%. Some cereal (corn flakes is the shit) thrown in some wafer bars, teddy grahams, hell to the yeah. I tried Oat-Milk for the first time not too long too and loved it.

Liljagare

You're actually drinking raw milk that hasn't been strained? It has hair and shit from the cow in it.

I'm calling BS on the penalties for crossing state borders, my wife does quality at a large dairy in N Illinois and they get fresh raw milk from dairies in Wisconsin.

Why would I drink it unstrained? And there are more states than american ones.

However, reading about raw milk, it's just nuts on a global scale.

In the US, there has been a huge drive for allowing private consumption and interstate transportation, and mostly FDA had said it wont process private citizens in the US for transporting raw milk, however, it's still in some US states illegal. People have been jailed for it in the past and SWAT teams have raided farms.

states prohibit the sale of raw milk for human consumption

".. it’s illegal to sell raw milk into interstate commerce. Your farm on the Texas border can’t sell raw milk to a neighbor in Oklahoma, and your dairy can’t sell raw milk to a distributor who will place your product in stores outside the state. But even crazier, you can’t even give it away if that means moving it across state lines. And if you happen to get some from across state lines and offer it for sale or give it away, that’s illegal too. "

My favourite dessert, made from the colostrum, is illegal to make where I live atm, it's friggin' hilarious (Kalvdans (lit. 'calf dance') is a classical Scandinavian dessert. It is made from unpasteurized colostrum milk, the first milk produced by a cow after giving birth. ).

Though, on a yum note, in the US the FDA allows 750 million pus cells in every litre of milk. In Europe, regulators allow 400 million pus cells per litre. :p

Last edited:

lachesis

I always riked my milk, but my Asian stomach doesn't rike milk these days.

Seriously, It's sad to be getting old - when I was younger, I had no problems with milk, but these days I think I may have developed Lactose intolerance syndrome or something.... so a bowl of Special K in the morning for quick breakfast is out of the question these days - otherwise it's diarrhea cha cha cha time...

But in small amount is fine... and any dairy products are mostly okay, even ice cream and all! Thank goodness.

Davey Cakes

I like milk, but I don't drink it straight as much as before. It's good in coffee or as an additive to other foods/drinks.

On rare occasions I may warm a cup of milk to help me sleep, even if it's a placebo. It's comforting because I enjoyed warm milk as a child.

These days if I'm going to bother with milk in anything it has to be whole or 2%.

Last edited:

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I like Soy Milk, but I developed an intolerance to it after I gave birth for some reason.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I like raw milk a lot. I loved drinking milk as a kid. I think I drank like 2 cups at least every single day for the longest time. Like from middle school all the way through high school I drank milk almost every day

But these days, all but raw gives me major mucus, my throat feels agitated (not soar but like cells are being compromised in some ways, hard to explain) and overall I feel slightly weighed down and everything is kicked down a notch in how I’m feeling. I had to ditch it all together

But raw milk is amazing. Couldn’t get enough of it. I imagine if you use some raw cacao powder, some stevia/monkfruit/erithritol then you have a really good chocolate milk for your kids or whoever. I miss it a bit, but hemp milk is fucking incredible. I would say drink that instead

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yes and i bought some today!

i went years without it. but recently picked it back up again.

i just really like a glass of milk. especially if i'm eating peanut butter crackers.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Nope. Never have. I’m fine with it on cereal, but would have to be pretty damn thirsty to drink a glass.

Tenaciousmo

I like milk and that new diet I'm on doesn't want me to have it. Also fake milks are all second grade compared to the real stuff.

Dark Star

Milk is awesome with breakfast (cereal, pbj sandwich, waffles, pancakes, etc)

Milk is also awesome with dessert (cookies, cake, brownies, etc)

I drink about a gallon of milk per week (use it in whey protein shakes, smoothies, and some cooking recipes)

Last edited:

YCoCg

Milk is great, can't have my coffee without it, Oat Milk is cool too, but fuck that watery crap known as Almond Milk.

Top Bottom