• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like your body?

I don't like my proportions...very skinny forearms/wrists and then majority of my fat is gets stored either in my butt or thighs. It's like I have an hourglass figure. I'm a guy so you can see how this could be a problem. Most people say I look skinny/fit (and I do workout a lot) but I guess thighs/butt are better at masking? But once you notice you can't really unnotice imo.

Oh, I also have hideously skinny wrists, only plus side is they make my tiny hands look a little bigger

Granted, I do have some stretch mark on my belly (a remnant from my fatty days in my early 20s) but considering that it's them that led me down the road I am now (was kind of a wake-up call for me when I got them) I have some kind of a love/hate relationship with them.

Hmm I have stretch marks near my armpit and groin since puberty, despite not ever fluctuating in weight, i guess I the rest of my body outpaced my skin lol? Don't really mind them but still would be ok if they weren't there

Not at all. Feeling seems to be mutual.

idk i think you posted pics before and you looked...pretty alright from what i remember??

Meifu

got a little heft (maybe more than a little lol). Definitely a dad bod and some eye problems but I feel great. Haven't missed a day of work due to sickness, bike 7 miles every day. I just eat terrible food at times and play too much games but we all have our vices. I was able to walk off getting hit by a car as a pedestrian so now I feel invincible. In terms of height I'm just over 6 foot ( little over 1.8 meters) which is a great height. My glasses also may make me look like a dork but then you have that ugly duckling moment like in the movies, right?

I started keeping track of what I was eating and I could really feel myself getting better. Then my sister made some cinnamon chip pumpkin cookies and it was over. Those things were so damn good though :(. I need to move far away from my family so I can hide and eat chicken and rice for months.

Trust me bro, i know the feels haha.

When i stay with my mom for the holidays she makes nothing but cakes, cookies, pumpkin bread...the works

Indulging every now and then is essential, as long as you dont make it a habit. Should never swear off foods that you love, like with your family :)

Ralemont

not me
Yeah, through portion control I lost some weight over the last year or so (195 to 183ish) that made a big difference on how I look. Lifting twice a week helps. Cutting any more weight would mean eating into things I like too much like pizza and beer so I'm feeling pretty good with where I am.

Greedings

No. I'm never happy with it. Constantly struggling with weight and poor self image.

I've gotten super fit in the past, but even then I wasn't happy. Abs don't make me happy, but beer and burgers and chocolate do.

laoni

I guess...I don't hate my body. There's bits and pieces I wish were different of course, but, I can't say I hate it.

I don't trust it, though. It needs to stop trying to kill me on the down low before I'm ready to do that XD

Orpheum

I kind of like the front, it could be a little bit more defined and i'm trying to work on that. I try to be disciplined and do push ups, sit ups and a little bit of weight lifting every night, but it boils down to like 2 or three times a week. as for weight, i'm a little underweight, not too extreme though

My back however is horrible. In my teens i grew too much, too quickly and because of that i have developed the Scheuermann disease...not to the extremes you see on the internet but it's definitely visible. I hate it and there's nothing i can do against it. It's the reason i wasn't able to do my dream job(s) and the reason i rarely ever go topless during Summer when i'm chilling by the river with my friends, i never go swimming as well. It did harm my self esteem which is getting better with time going by but i''ll never be comfortable with my back visible to other people.

I'm average height and overweight, so not really.

I'm working on it though, and I feel slightly more content with my body every week or so.

In terms of small things, there's heaps like how I don't like my hair type, some aspects of my teeth (though they're almost perfect, there's a very small gap between front teeth etc), my right eyebrow usually sits a few mm lower than my left due to damage from being stabbed in my eyeball with a fork (luckily only 30-ish % vision loss and still 20 vision unaided due to my left eye being a boss)... that sort of stuff.

Oh and I burn super easy because I'm half British lol

Dougald

I grew up obese with all the taunting that generally comes with it, despite losing all the weight I'll never see myself as anything but fat

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's alright. I need to lose some weight, which I'm doing. But my frame carries weight well.
My wife likes my body, and she's the only person I'm trying to impress with it. So whatever.

Nope. if I put weight on it goes straight to the gut, but If I lose weight it falls straight off of my noodle arms.

Maybe one day i'll have the time to spend 24/7 at the gym and get abs like Brad Pitt has in Fight Club.

Geist-

I'm not a bad looking guy, and I don't hate my body, but I'm looking forward to when science has advanced enough that we can change our bodies the same way we can change a video game avatar.

p2535748

I grew up fat, so I'll always see myself as fat. At 29, I realized I need to seriously change my lifestyle, so I lost a bunch of weight and started running. I still do that, but I'm 38 and it gets harder every year. I'm in way better shape than my 20's, not as good shape as most of my 30's, but no matter what I'll always hate the way I look.

But at this point, I have a wife and two kids, so my body hatred has gradually slipped into the background. It's always there, waiting for me whenever I'm having a rough time, but most days it doesn't bug me.

CloudWolf

I guess. I'm not unhappy with it, but I could probably lose some weight. I'm having real motivation problems though. I constantly remind myself I need to go to the gym again, then I remember find going to the gym dreadfully boring, so I stay at home and repeat the same process the next week.

Syder

Currently in the best shape since I was a teenager thanks to running and yoga.
My diet is still shit so I know if I fixed that things would be even better.

Basically, things could be better but they also could be a lot worse.

Anarion07

I used to be in almost Stage Ready shape but gained some weight. Still fit but trying to get back to where i was. Still like it though.

WriterGK

For like the first time in almost 31 years, yeah I love my body. Took me more then twenty years to finally not think I am fat anymore.

Nope. I don't really have a good reason to dislike my body anymore. I am 6'6" and 227 pounds. I am in pretty good shape. I lift weights and run 3 miles about three times a week.

However, I used to weigh 335 pounds, and I just can't shake that internalized mental image. It also doesn't help that my gut is just a blob of loose skin that kind hangs there and flaps about, which kind of grosses me out.

Overall, I'm not happy, but it's as good as I can make it without surgery.

For the most part yea I'm happy with it, although it would be nice to be a little taller (5'6"), slightly smaller nose, and be able to gain some bulk (I've beeen always been skinny and have a hard time gaining mass). But I could live with those imperfections.

Unit24

I despise my body. I'm overweight (which is my own fault of course), I'm nearsighted, I have totally busted sinuses that force me to bring tissues literally everywhere I go, and most recently, I have some kind of problem involving pain in my arms that prevents me from doing anything I want to do at all. Nothing goes right.

My head started balding when I was 17 and I am pretty short (175cm/5'9) sooo .... Well at least I have pretty fast metabolism so I can eat pretty much anything and stay fit so my body has one positive feature too lol.

While I am kinda good looking, I am a little overweight (but not that much).

My biggest struggle is being a 5'6/167cm adult male.

In Peru isn't a big deal but when I travel to Europe or other countries, I can say goodbye to dating :(

My head started balding when I was 17 and I am pretty short (175cm/5'9) sooo .... Well at least I have pretty fast metabolism so I can eat pretty much anything and stay fit so my body has one positive feature too lol.

Wow really? >: (

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm happy with it. I have an okay build with pretty broad shoulders and narrow waist so i've won that particular part of the genetic lottery.

Working out 3 times a week neatly fills it out too. But there's always room for improvement. Always.

Sure. Just need to gain a little more muscle for another year, and I think I'd be fully satisfied. I'm pretty short though, so I can't do anything about that.

Top Bottom