• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you play games on a handheld device?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yeah, used handhelds loads in the past: GB Colour, DS/Lite, 3DS/N3DS, Vita and now Switch. I just pray that Nintendo redesign the abilities sticks in the Switch 2 to fix drift as I’ve not used the Switch as a true handheld since my stock started to drift. Worth the entrance fee just for the handheld Zelda games and Pokemon games.

Last edited:

Paasei

Quite recently I am once again. Playing some classics on the Vita, like the Sly and Jak&Daxtar trilogy's.

Also have a Switch, but I don't use the handheld mode for it that often anymore. I somehow switched (hehehhe XDD) around from nearly fulltime handeld to having it nearly fulltime hooked on the TV.

I did preorder a Steam Deck with the hope I can turn it into an insane emulator handheld.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
No I have had every Nintendo handheld from GB Color to 3DS and been playing less and less during DS and 3DS time. I mainly game on PC only now and never on the go. One of the reasons i never got a Switch.

Fbh

Sometimes on a lazy weekend it's nice to play something without leaving the bed, or while sitting on the terrace with a beer.
It's also nice the 1 time every like 5 years when I have to take a long flight or something like that.

But even taking those into account 95% of me time gaming is spent at home and on a TV

TexMex

Very rarely. I use my Switch Lite for the SNES Online stuff in bed every now and then but that’s it.

YukiOnna

Yeah. One of my first game systems was the GameBoy, so I've always played them right up to 3DS/Vita. I never partook in the "play on the go" though since that concept is alien to me. Playing a proper game in public is weird and just full of distractions unless it's a mobage so I always played at home.

Little Mac

I honestly want a switch ... but don't want to buy a $350 OLED switch handheld device (plus games, mem, pro controller, etc) if I'm just going to dock it and play it on my 4k tv. I really want a Switch Lite but I'm afraid its too small for my stupid adult man hands.

Top Bottom