• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do You Remember: Magestorm?

Unicorn

Does anyone remember Magestorm, a subscription-based FPSpellcaster, from the mid to late 90's?
Magestorm.jpg
magestorm.jpg
401447-rolemaster-magestorm-windows-screenshot-there-s-always-a-better.png

I was looking at RockPaperShotguns' Quake piece and the wall texture and lighting reminded me of this Wizard dueling game from my junior high years.

I am now really hankering for a Quake 2 graphical-esque wizard dueling game with some of the more modern conventions, such as Dark Messiah, Lichdom, Magicka, etc. thrown in to revitalize the non-conventional retro-FPS.

Unicorn

http://youtu.be/SvaTtByYMKg

I guess a video would help for those that have never played it. It was actually pretty amazing at the time. You level up and learn new spells. It sucks as a newbie, but stop no newbies felt good, so the "grind" was worth it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I do not remember this game, but I'm going to post in this thread because it's making me sad that no one else has after four bumps.

It looks cool though, and I think a competitive magic-based fps (or just a magic-based fps) would be wicked to have in this day and age.

Unicorn

I do not remember this game, but I'm going to post in this thread because it's making me sad that no one else has after four bumps.

It looks cool though, and I think a competitive magic-based fps (or just a magic-based fps) would be wicked to have in this day and age.
Definitely. The creativity with spells would be awesome now. I never played the shadowrun FPS on 360/PC. I wonder how that compared to Magestorm

Top Bottom