• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you remember the rumour of Slant Six working on Battlefront 3? It was true!

Shiggy

After FRD's Battlefront 3 was cancelled, rumour had it that Slant Six Games was working on it. And they were right, the guys at www.betagames.org found some files on the Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City which look just a bit like they something from the Star Wars universe:

1omcs2.jpg
2haeou.jpg
353d5x.jpg
4gnfsk.jpg
57uiea.jpg
6yielv.jpg
7ssc1g.jpg

Don't worry, it was cancelled. Now it's at Spark Unlimited...

jimi_dini

Ruined SOCOM.
Ruined Resident Evil.
Tried to ruin Star Wars. Just imagining a Rogue Squadron game by Slant Six, omg.

Let me guess, it was supposed to be a third person shooter?

Moaradin

I just hope whoever is working on BF3 doesn't fuck it up.

Those are some pretty nice loading screens though.

The brilliant minds behind Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Legendary The Box are working on Star Wars Battlefront 3?

I expect this to be kinect exclusive.

what was the studio that convinced lucasarts that they could do a quick dirty up_port of their psp battlefront and just ad hd assets and make a ps360 sku cheaper that free radical...which ultimately lead to free radical being dropped from the project? Or did I imagine that happening?

Shiggy

what was the studio that convinced lucasarts that they could do a quick dirty up_port of their psp battlefront and just ad hd assets and make a ps360 sku cheaper that free radical...which ultimately lead to free radical being dropped from the project? Or did I imagine that happening?

We've got someone here on board who wanted to reveal what really happened. All we know is that Rebellion did Star Wars Battlefront 3 for PS2 and PSP, rumour had it they wanted to get more. In the end, only the PSP version and n-Space's DS version were released and received a new name.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Rebellion.

Forkball

It's bizarre that there isn't a Battlefront III yet. I was under the impression that the first two sold fairly well, and considering the growth of online shooters you'd think someone would jump on it. It's like they hate money!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sk3tch

Came here because I thought this was for Battlefield 3...this is despite reading "Battlefront 3" (not the acronym)...ha.

fenners

Lucasarts really have no idea what they're doing.

Unless you worked at LucasArts or Free Radical at the time you have no clue as to what went on between the studios. Deals fall through for multitude of reasons. That whole Rebellion thing was LucasArts trying to salvage something out of it.

Wait, the real question that should be addressed is...Why are Battlefront 3 files on the RE ORC disc??

What's today's date? I honestly don't know if this is a April fool or not.

Wait, the real question that should be addressed is...Why are Battlefront 3 files on the RE ORC disc??

Built on the same engine + sloppiness.

Theirs always cool shit left on the disc, getting rid of it without fucking up the game is a lot of work with not much upside.

Dibbz

Should've worked on this instead of Resident Evil. Their gameplay style fits Battlefront.

Zipper's efforts after SOCOM II were so amazing that they are now multimillionaires and have a very successful future.

Oh wait...

harsh man.

Guess that rumour about Rebellion doing it was bullshit then..
Yep, they effectively took Free Radical out of business with their false promises, all for a quick buck. Wankers.

Lucasarts really have no idea what they're doing.
I'm pretty sure Haze and their own false promises put Free Radical out of business.
Unless you worked at LucasArts or Free Radical at the time you have no clue as to what went on between the studios. Deals fall through for multitude of reasons. That whole Rebellion thing was LucasArts trying to salvage something out of it
I played TF2 with one of the talkative interns regularly, he said the money at LucasArts dried up and essentially Free Rad couldn't continue development. Pinch of salt always with unnamed sources.

Tookay

It's bizarre that there isn't a Battlefront III yet. I was under the impression that the first two sold fairly well, and considering the growth of online shooters you'd think someone would jump on it. It's like they hate money!

The first two were some of the best selling SW games of all time (until Force Unleashed came out UGGHHHHH). Lucasarts just blows this generation.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh, the humanity.

I can't believe how long this game has taken. Battlefront was big last gen, and with the multiplayer focus of this gen it would be enormous. Just insane.

WillyFive

Same reason that Star Fox 64 stuff is left on the Zelda OoT cart and a Spectrum emulator was found on a Goldeneye cart, people put stuff there (or was carried over from an older version of the game) and never bothered to take it out (since they aren't used, they won't come up in the game).

So are Slant Six the new GRIN?

Getting deals with publishers to use there IP's even though they only make bad to meh quality games?

JJD

Wow...that's soooooo shitty!

rouken

they must be doing something right, i mean publishers keep trusting them with their ip's
we shouldn't be surprised if your favorite games next iteration will be made by them.

Ruined SOCOM.
Ruined Resident Evil.
Tried to ruin Star Wars. Just imagining a Rogue Squadron game by Slant Six, omg.

Let me guess, it was supposed to be a third person shooter?

Confrontation is more of a SOCOM title than anything Zipper has done since SOCOM II.

Zipper is the one that ruined that franchise. SOCOM 4.

VALKYRAY

Banned
this fucking studio needs to be shut down asap, all employees need to get run over by a fucking bus and fucking go to hell. no forgiveness given.

The generation is nearly over. For whatever reason, LucasArts couldn't strike while the iron was hot. It's a shame.

From Slant Six, there was a good chance it woud suck. And from Spark, it probably will suck. Battlefront franchise is DOA.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Confrontation is more of a SOCOM title than anything Zipper has done since SOCOM II.

Zipper is the one that ruined that franchise. SOCOM 4.

Confrontation did the most damage to the IP, after it's shit release it was unplayable for an entire year after the launch, that just destroyed the name of Socom, Zipper was hopeless even if 4 was good ( it wasn't) but the series died because of how bad and unplayable Confrontation was

Getting deals with publishers to use there IP's even though they only make bad to meh quality games?

Well...at least Grin made one good game (Bionic Commando Rearmed) Slant Six makes crap only.

Confrontation did the most damage to the IP, after it's shit release it was unplayable for an entire year after the launch, that just destroyed the name of Socom, Zipper was hopeless even if 4 was good ( it wasn't) but the series died because of how bad and unplayable Confrontation was

Well...at least Grin made one good game (Bionic Commando Rearmed) Slant Six makes crap only.

Confrontation was fun as hell. Much more enjoyable than 4 imo.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

No, Slant Six actually has development cycles longer than six months.

Top Bottom