• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

thief183

I'm 35, I do drugs everytime I can, I am one cigarettes, I drink a lot, at least 3/4 days a week, and I Will keep doing it until my body manage to recover. At the same time I run a quite succesfull business and I do sports every day.

Most of my friends kept saying I would have been dead by 30... yeah.. I won :))

Btw with drogs I mean only cannabis (other ones are accasional)

DonyDevitt

Neo Member
I'm 35, I do drugs everytime I can, I am one cigarettes, I drink a lot, at least 3/4 days a week, and I Will keep doing it until my body manage to recover. At the same time I run a quite succesfull business and I do sports every day.

Most of my friends kept saying I would have been dead by 30... yeah.. I won :))

Btw with drogs I mean only cannabis (other ones are accasional)

You're a exemple to me hahaha.
I'm 30 and 'cause of this topic, was reconsidering weed, but, you are a little smoked light in the end of the trail.

McLovin

I drive for a living and get random tests so I can’t. But if I know I’m going to be out of work for an extended period I smoke up. Last summer I smoked every day for about 6 weeks. I like smoking but I know it’s not healthy so if I did do it regularly I would probably get a vape or just do edibles. I’m a fan of lsd since it’s out of your system by the next day. But I do that like 2 times a year.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Just want to get a feel of the community. What are your thoughts on marijuana? For or against legalization? Have you tried it? Would you?

I have been smoking everyday for the past 15 or so years. It helps me sleep, helps my appetite, relaxes me after work and all around makes thinks more enjoyable for me.

Yet I notice sometimes It gets me stuck in a pattern of laziness. Sometimes it helps my depression, sometimes it makes it feel worse.

I use a small water vaporizer, and smoke wax. I love the effectiveness for the cost.

If I could get really good bud in the area I'm in I would try herb again. But I find the wax more potent to me.

How bout y'all? Feel free to ask me personal questions.

I have a question.

I am to move out of the U.S. very soon to a place in Asia where weed is impossible to get away with smoking (if you aren't super, super careful) and before I go in a year, I want to get into vaping wax. I used to smoke leaf in college but since I am home now I do not want to have leaf around (the smell is too much) and I wonder how much better it is to dab, plus the cost, if you could help me out.

TrainedRage

Banned
I have a question.

I am to move out of the U.S. very soon to a place in Asia where weed is impossible to get away with smoking (if you aren't super, super careful) and before I go in a year, I want to get into vaping wax. I used to smoke leaf in college but since I am home now I do not want to have leaf around (the smell is too much) and I wonder how much better it is to dab, plus the cost, if you could help me out.

Yeah. Vaping wax is amazing.

I find a gram of wax is around 40$ and can last you up to two weeks on average (if you smoke everyday more than once). I usually buy 2 grams and it will last me 4 weeks, more or less. Compared to the dry herb I was getting ($60 an eighth) It's cheaper, lasts longer and smells way less potent.

There are various 'styles' of wax. Crumble, shatter, honeycomb etc... They are all pretty much the same but have different textures and a slightly different high. I typically get shatter. A general rule of thumb is that the lighter more golden color, the better the quality. There can be exceptions.

As for devices I have used many styles. From wrapped coil vape pens to ceramic water vaporizers. If you are looking to have it smell less I would avoid the classic 'nail and torch' method and invest in a good Vape and some back up coils. I preferer ceramic vapes that burn longer at a lower temp rather than fast and harsh. I'm using this right now and its amazing.

Tsunami- High Wave (vaporizer)
https://tsunamipremiumvapor.com/product/high-wave-wax-vaporizer-kit/
high-wave-black_LRG.jpg

You only need to use a tiny bit of the wax to get a few hits. Like the size of this O
I have never had anyone comment on the smell, while i'm doing it in the house or on my clothes or breath.
Let me know If you have other questions :messenger_peace:

I never found myself in a situation where it was available to try, so I never smoked. I don't know if I'd try it if the opportunity ever comes. Would it mess up with my asthma?

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice

I find a gram of wax is around 40$ and can last you up to two weeks on average (if you smoke everyday more than once). I usually buy 2 grams and it will last me 4 weeks, more or less. Compared to the dry herb I was getting ($60 an eighth) It's cheaper, lasts longer and smells way less potent.

There are various 'styles' of wax. Crumble, shatter, honeycomb etc... They are all pretty much the same but have different textures and a slightly different high. I typically get shatter. A general rule of thumb is that the lighter more golden color, the better the quality. There can be exceptions.

As for devices I have used many styles. From wrapped coil vape pens to ceramic water vaporizers. If you are looking to have it smell less I would avoid the classic 'nail and torch' method and invest in a good Vape and some back up coils. I preferer ceramic vapes that burn longer at a lower temp rather than fast and harsh. I'm using this right now and its amazing.

You only need to use a tiny bit of the wax to get a few hits. Like the size of this O
I have never had anyone comment on the smell, while i'm doing it in the house or on my clothes or breath.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will be copping one of those shortly.

So as for getting wax, I suppose the types are all compatible with the vaporizer you posted? And what should I look out for (coils, for example -- I know people tell me not to breathe in too hard for those reasons but I do not know much about it)?

Good to see you can get way more bang for your buck whilst also being more healthy overall.

TrainedRage

Banned

So as for getting wax, I suppose the types are all compatible with the vaporizer you posted? And what should I look out for (coils, for example -- I know people tell me not to breathe in too hard for those reasons but I do not know much about it)?

Good to see you can get way more bang for your buck whilst also being more healthy overall.
Yeah all types of wax work. There are even Vaporizers that do wax and dry herb. Tsunami has one called the Eruption, Its ok. Kind of like a PAX.

So, the coils will get dirty and eventually they will become less efficient. I try and clean the coil by heating it up then wiping it with a paper towel or using a toothpick like object to scrape out the used up wax. I would replace the coil every month depending on how much you smoke. I mean you can use one until it burns out and literally wont work, but you will lose the potent hits and will end up using more wax.
The coils are pretty cheap and come in 3 packs for like $20. Other coils or vapes can cost less or more depending.

This is an example of a 'wrapped' style coil...
wax-coil-micro-g-pen.jpg

The coil will get red hot and burn the wax as you vape, hits hard and fast and burns the throat. And tastes bad. But they are cheaper and some people preferer them. I don't.

I prefer the ceramic coil vaporizers (like the high wave) that look like this...
nail-mafia-donut-coil-2-600x600.jpg

This provides a less direct heat and is a slower draw and hit, but tastes way better and is easy on the lungs and throat. They are a bit more expensive but worth it IMO.

So yeah, decide what type of coil you want to use then pick a vape for it. Make sure to get replacement coils. You can even buy these at local tobacco shops or head shops. Good luck!

Again (anyone) feel free to ask questions or experiences. (y)

Oh and on how to breath in.... Most Vapes will light up and signal when it auto shuts off. I do about a 10 second slow draw and hold it for a bit. Don't worry about how much 'smoke' comes out. You will just get used how to hit it in a way you like the more you use whatever vape.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Again (anyone) feel free to ask questions or experiences. (y)

Man that gets me excited. It has been a few slow months since I've toked.

So about the coils... I can just buy any ceramic coils from a vape shop or from that site (for example) and they'll suffice, right? So I'm on the right track when I get to it.

TrainedRage

Banned
Man that gets me excited. It has been a few slow months since I've toked.

So about the coils... I can just buy any ceramic coils from a vape shop or from that site (for example) and they'll suffice, right? So I'm on the right track when I get to it.
No, coils are very specific to the type of Vape you have.

Yes, the coils on Tsunami's site (and even some shops) are made for their vapes.

To be clear. Most vapes you buy will come with one to three coils. After that you have to find the right ones to replace them.
In the case of the High Wave its here...
https://tsunamipremiumvapor.com/product/high-wave-wax-atomizer/

(just bought more) :messenger_winking_tongue:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
No, coils are very specific to the type of Vape you have.

Yes, the coils on Tsunami's site (and even some shops) are made for their vapes.

To be clear. Most vapes you buy will come with one to three coils. After that you have to find the right ones to replace them.
In the case of the High Wave its here...
https://tsunamipremiumvapor.com/product/high-wave-wax-atomizer/

(just bought more) :messenger_winking_tongue:

I figured. You the littest, broski.

Weed is God's gift to the world.

Been blazing my ass off for about 15 years.

Cut back for the first time since college only this year. Sucks, I miss it, but it can't be avoided.

I've been a fucking huge pot head lol.

If you smoke it long enough though. Your taste buds will filter out the nasty elements, just like drinking whiskey or smoking cigars. Evnetually you will just taste the goodness. And let me tell you, when you get to that point, NOTHING tastes better than smoking good weed. Cigars can be amazing, but still a shadow compared to good quality clean cannabis.

Last edited:
Usually smoke a bunch whenever I hit the festival scene. Some dude at Bloodstock has this huge tipi tent in the camping grounds every year, It's like a huge hotbox! We just blast a ton of metal and chill the fuck out while lighting up. Go to maybe one or two metal festivals a year max. Outside of festivals though? Don't touch the stuff.

Last edited:

high-wave-black_LRG.jpg

The item in the image is weird. These days Vape pens are where it's at. They are super simple and discreet. Near Sacramento a half gram is 40 at the dispensary.

Pimpbaa

I’m in my 40’s and started vaping weed a couple of years ago. Helps with my back pain more so than opiates and also helps my anxiety. No anti depressant has ever helped me as much for panic attacks as weed has. But kids in school or college should avoid it at all costs, don’t want shit that affects your memory when you are trying to learn.

Out of all the "drugs" I've consumed (tobacco, caffeine, Ritalin, Speed, alcohol, opioids/Kratom) or still consume (Weed and Kratom), the weed is still the absolute best to me. Also the one with the lowest
amount dangers / negative long term effects, while giving me the highest amount of benefits. Weed world wide legalization is long overdue. Making it illegal was based on racism back then.
It's also the only of my mentioned substances which doesn't give me any uncomfortable withdrawal effects when I stop after a longer time. Just please don't start smoking weed in your childhood or teens. And don't smoke weed just to escape uncomfortable thoughts for a few hours, like important things you have to do, or problems which have to be solved first.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
..."nobody needs to be that stoned"

*hits dab* (for the 6th time today)
Where am I again?
Funny thing, I hit my first dab on tin foil through a pipe literally HIGH in the air on a Zoom-Boom operating machine (30FT High). Started a legit grow tent (fans, special ingredients, light, all phases of the plant) and had some nice homegrown dank. Also tried making some in a rice cooker and it came out reggie. Stuff wasn't strong enough and I was introduced to psychedelics (Shrooms and Acid) tripped my balls off, and was back to doing 8ths rolled blunts every weekend. Now it's $80-$120 quarters every month or two #getripped

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Funny thing, I hit my first dab on tin foil through a pipe literally HIGH in the air on a Zoom-Boom operating machine (30FT High). Started a legit grow tent (fans, special ingredients, light, all phases of the plant) and had some nice homegrown dank. Also tried making some in a rice cooker and it came out reggie. Stuff wasn't strong enough and I was introduced to psychedelics (Shrooms and Acid) tripped my balls off, and was back to doing 8ths rolled blunts every weekend. Now it's $80-$120 quarters every month or two #getripped

Lol.

One of the greatest things about abstinence is the tolerance factor. Nothing beats that first blunt after waiting months to get clean, for example, because it hits you like riding a row boat on a creek. My cousin gave me a dab after not touching any for four months and I think I was in heaven for a few minutes there.

Rien

Jelly Belly
This Joe Rogan video is sooo me

Sorry for the off-topic but how is the stance on Joe on this forum? I got a lot of shit on the other for liking Joe’s content.
But seeing you can free post it here without being jumped on is making me wonder :)
Sorry again for asking and being off-topic.

On-topic:

Smoker here!! Jumped from hasj to weed lately and its working good. Love Amnesia especialy

TrainedRage

Banned
Sorry for the off-topic but how is the stance on Joe on this forum? I got a lot of shit on the other for liking Joe’s content.
But seeing you can free post it here without being jumped on is making me wonder :)

On-topic:

Smoker here!! Jumped from hasj to weed lately and its working good. Love Amnesia especialy
I think that GAF is pretty accepting of Joe. Don't consider him a Nazi.
We have had topics and good discussion about his podcasts. And you won't have 7 pages calling him a Nazi.

Welcome bro!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
JRE is cool. i've listened to probably a dozen hours of his show by now. he may be a little excitable and prone to buying in to new agey stuff but he's pretty harmless and generally agreeable.

coffee can give me the jitters and make my stomach ache. tobacco straight up makes me feel ill. for that reason i don't like spliffs. weed really is the best. don't need anything else.

Antoon

Banned
The smell and taste is disgusting I find, so nah, I dont see myself ever doing it. Oh and having the rat red eyes afterwards is pretty lame too.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice

On-topic:

Don't even know who Joe is and I can tell you people over there actually thrive by calling others Nazis so, it's no big deal bro.

G-Bus

Banned
Been an avid smoker since I was 14 or so. Definitely don't condone smoking at such an early age. It helped with some things but completely ruined others.

Mostly a bong guy. That and gravity bongs/lungs.

Ever since I had my first experience with wax a couple years ago I was hooked on that. If you've never tasted a nice clean hit full of terpines your missing out majorly. Don't have space for a dab rig so I used a pen for a while. Got tired of coils burning out sooner than they should, keeping the pen charged. Came across a YouTube video reviewing dry herb vapes. Settled on the sticky brick jr and I'll never go back. Bit of a learning curve but so fucking worth it.

Still smoke the odd joint but I'm full on vaping most of my herb now.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. I have a few times, but it's just never done much for me.

I prefer beer/wine and that buzz personally.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Anyone else feel like they can study/concentrate way better when high? The concentration boost I get is enough to make me feel productive for a week. I study like a motherf***** and though I am no longer in school my personal studies really benefit from it.

I would say shop around too, price will vary depending on where you live. Where I am at in Oregon I pay about half the price for oil ($20/gram) and flower ($6-12/gram) as TrainedRage TrainedRage quoted in his post. My experience is similar in that a gram of oil lasts me a day or two longer than an eighth of flower so its generally much more cost effective and of course smells much better than smoke!

Top Bottom