• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you still consider the Halo Master Chief Collection to be a scam?

cluto

I feel like some people in this thread need a history lesson: 100 Day Timeline of the MCC. Keep in mind that's only 100 days after launch. During the 100 days that followed, the game received several more "patches" that managed to stop the game from crumbling beneath itself. Apparently that was good enough for 343/Microsoft to ghost on the project. It's been almost two years since anything has been fixed, despite the current state of the game, despite a post from Frankie claiming that "everything is planned to be fixed."

If anyone would like some more refreshers on the timeline of the MCC.

"The Stewards of Halo"

aQenKTK.png

Magwik

Banned
Think I paid $10 - the only serious issue I encountered when playing through all of the campaigns was the odd audio mix on Halo 3. But, I'm not invested enough to be bothered by the little things that irk devoted Halo fans. Most certainly not a scam from my perspective.
"Worked for me post dozen patches and at $10, so everything is fine and Halo fans are making a big deal out nothing"
C'mon man

I played it for the singleplayer games enhanced in resolution and framerate, enjoyed it a lot! Recently played Halo 4 with a friend coop in it too. Fun and really nice with the technical bump over the originals!

No not at all, game is the best value for money you can find out there.

Still has issues, but I have found my recent experiences with it to be a very pleasant one.

It's an essential package for those that have an Xbox One.

NFX45

Neo Member
Nah, I've greatly enjoyed it, a little bit of multiplayer and going through the campaigns with a buddy or solo is awesome.

I waited until the White Xbox One MCC Bundle before jumping in, so it was after quite a few updates though.

Hardvlade

aIsavxd.jpg

I bought it day one and even though multiplayer was broken and the lack of system link. I still had a blast going through all campaigns (1, 2, 3, 4 and ODST).

Multiplayer is decent now a days, not perfect but much better than launch. Every now and then I'll boot it up and play a few matches. I just wish it had system link :(

E92 M3

I feel like some people in this thread need a history lesson: 100 Day Timeline of the MCC. Keep in mind that's only 100 days after launch. During the 100 days that followed, the game received several more "patches" that managed to stop the game from crumbling beneath itself. Apparently that was good enough for 343/Microsoft to ghost on the project. It's been almost two years since anything has been fixed, despite the current state of the game, despite a post from Frankie claiming that "everything is planned to be fixed."

"The Stewards of Halo"

aQenKTK.png

The Stewards of Halo indeed, Kappa.

It's funny how some are defending this so hard. The game was broken at launch and idc how you bought it for 5 bucks 3 months ago and campaigns work. I bought it for 60 and it was a broken POS. And I'm still angry about 343 obliterating the Halo fan base.

"The Stewards of Halo"

aQenKTK.png

People need to look at these threads again and remember why some of us hate the MCC as much as we do.

Yep it totally was a scam. I returned my first Xbone because of how broken and unplayable it was for me.

Eventually I got the digital version for less than $10. The game is better than what it was at launch but it still needs work in almost every area sadly. I honestly hope 343/Microsoft is working on a full re-release for Scorpio but I doubt it at this point.

Yep it totally was a scam............

Eventually I got the digital version for less than $10. The game is better than what it was at launch but it still needs work in almost every area sadly..... .

Not sure how something goes from being a scam.... to not being a scam...perhaps it was never a scam but just a game with issues?

Seems like the word "scam" is just being tossed around as a word for games that fail to live up to expectations.

Jafku

So did anything come of the Halo MCC survey? A fix would go a long way of curbing these accusations of MCC being a scam

Top Bottom