Do you think a grizzly bear can fuck up a hippo?

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
OK, I'll be the 1st lol

It ultimately depends on if the hippo is alone and out of the water, in that situation the bear has a speed advantage and the lunge advantage.

As previously stated if the hippo gets a bite in its over, however, if the grizzly gets behind the hippo then the hippos as good as done.

Lions have taken down hippos before from circling around them and attacking their backs, as mentioned hippos don't have the speed advantage so if you get enough damage done to the hind side it's over.

Feb 19, 2014
Hippos are vindictive as fuck, and highly territorial. They can spend a decent amount of time submerged, and swim better than people. Generally, you don't know you've wandered into Hippo town until it's too late. They will destroy, or at the very least capsize, small boats. I'd have to go make sure if it's still the case, but last time I checked they were classified as the most dangerous creature on the African continent barring Mosquitoes (Malaria kills more people).

Would the bear win? Maybe. What shape would he be in though? Hippos are 3 ton armored tanks with foot long canines applying 2,000 psi. Any wounds they inflict would be grievous.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Hippos are the murder cows of the world and one of the most dangerous animals in Africa which is saying alot.

Angry teddy bear ain't got nothing on that.

Clearly the bear is no match for this vicious hippo.
Jesus Christ man NSFW that shit. I didn't know I would see someone die today (from cuteness)

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
Edmonton
Let's compare stats. Using the largest bear, the Polar Bear.

Hippo
Mass: Male: 1,500 – 1,800 kg (Adult), Female: 1,300 – 1,500 kg (Adult)
Speed: 30 km/h (On Land, Running)

Polar Bear
Mass: Male: 450 kg (Adult, Beaufort Sea population), Female: 150 – 250 kg (Adult)
Speed: 40 km/h (Maximum, Adult, Sprint)

Polar bears don't go after anything as big as a hippo.
Hippo's can kill crocodiles. A Bear would be killed by the crocodile.

The hippo would be hurt, but the bear would be dead. Hippo wins.

cr0w

Old Member
Aug 31, 2015
Hippo 100% of the time.

Hell, the North American House Hippo is the apex predator of Canadian/East Coast households.