• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think a grizzly bear can fuck up a hippo?

71ThbaS0JvL._SL1000_.jpg

hippo-teeth.jpg

Goddamn, I was expecting at least one 'maybe'. Hippos are pretty much the actual king of the jungle aren't they? Horns for teeth. Fuck me.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
We are all hippos. And dolphins. And bears. And whales.
And Alyssa Milanos.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
What if the hippo was hungry?
And the bear has a Subway footlong?

LMJ

OK, I'll be the 1st lol

It ultimately depends on if the hippo is alone and out of the water, in that situation the bear has a speed advantage and the lunge advantage.

As previously stated if the hippo gets a bite in its over, however, if the grizzly gets behind the hippo then the hippos as good as done.

Lions have taken down hippos before from circling around them and attacking their backs, as mentioned hippos don't have the speed advantage so if you get enough damage done to the hind side it's over.

Lanrutcon

Hippos are vindictive as fuck, and highly territorial. They can spend a decent amount of time submerged, and swim better than people. Generally, you don't know you've wandered into Hippo town until it's too late. They will destroy, or at the very least capsize, small boats. I'd have to go make sure if it's still the case, but last time I checked they were classified as the most dangerous creature on the African continent barring Mosquitoes (Malaria kills more people).

Would the bear win? Maybe. What shape would he be in though? Hippos are 3 ton armored tanks with foot long canines applying 2,000 psi. Any wounds they inflict would be grievous.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Hippos are the murder cows of the world and one of the most dangerous animals in Africa which is saying alot.

Angry teddy bear ain't got nothing on that.

gRTbmIz.gif

Clearly the bear is no match for this vicious hippo.

Jesus Christ man NSFW that shit. I didn't know I would see someone die today (from cuteness)

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Grizzly bear? Maybe not.

Drop bear?

Don't fuck with drop bears.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
One of many reasons Australia is a dangerous place.

badblue

Let's compare stats. Using the largest bear, the Polar Bear.

Hippo
Mass: Male: 1,500 – 1,800 kg (Adult), Female: 1,300 – 1,500 kg (Adult)
Speed: 30 km/h (On Land, Running)

Polar Bear
Mass: Male: 450 kg (Adult, Beaufort Sea population), Female: 150 – 250 kg (Adult)
Speed: 40 km/h (Maximum, Adult, Sprint)

Polar bears don't go after anything as big as a hippo.
Hippo's can kill crocodiles. A Bear would be killed by the crocodile.

pY3sHbk.gif

The hippo would be hurt, but the bear would be dead. Hippo wins.

cr0w

Old Member
Hippo 100% of the time.

Hell, the North American House Hippo is the apex predator of Canadian/East Coast households.

Top Bottom