• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think organic is worth it anymore?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No, never have.

I prefer produce which doesn't rot in my fridge within a matter of days

Gimme them chemicals plz
Yup.

One time I decided "to be healthy" and bought a jar of organic pasta sauce, low calories, no preservatives. I'm just one person, so I used some and put the rest in the fridge. No joke it was green in a week. I dont even know which day it turned bad as I noticed it one day so maybe on day 4 or 5 it started already turning bad.

So for anyone buying that sauce you got to basically use it all in one shot or maybe over a few days tops. Absurd.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

Yup.

One time I decided "to be healthy" and bought a jar of organic pasta sauce, low calories, no preservatives. I'm just one person, so I used some and put the rest in the fridge. No joke it was green in a week. I dont even know which day it turned bad as I noticed it one day so maybe on day 4 or 5 it started already turning bad.

So for anyone buying that sauce you got to basically use it all in one shot or maybe over a few days tops. Absurd.
Not necessarily absurd. We've just been spoiled and have skewed expectations as to what's normal. Food quickly spoiling is actually what's normal.

I see merit in the argument that some of the stuff they do to food to make it last longer could be harmful to us over the long term. If I remember correctly they used to commonly seal food cans with lead. Probably still a practice somewhere in the world.

Ionian

Funnily enough just watched this and thought of this thread. Gives a pretty good breakdown even though many have already pointed it out in the thread (myself included).

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No, in uk and eu there are regularions that food cant have chemicals on them. So none foods are nearly the same apart from organic might be grown in soil and the none organic one might be grown in hydroponics or have some synthetic fertiliser added

Top Bottom