Do you think states/gov should have the power to force relationships to help Trans Women?

Should state etc. intervene to help Trans Women relationships or punish men not attracted to them?

• I'm in the middle, I think there can be a compromise down the middle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
trans are a tiny, tiny fraction of the population. the constant freaking out about suicides is taking up all the room int he air. the actual number of suicides is tiny, like far less than the number of people killed by lightning each year.

imo the hysteria is a psy-op of the centrist/corporate wing of the US left. they are scared of the populists in their own party so they love to rally around this distraction. they love to really promote this one cause that looks good but only helps a tiny, tiny fraction of people. they can run on this and ignore foreign policy, domestic policy, healthcare, infrastructure, justice reform, etc. because i said something "bad" about trans then all of the things i'm concerned about can be ignored and written off.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
If the Government was going to force two people together, I'd suggest two who don't speak the same language. It would be funny at first, with all of the misunderstandings. Then, it would get sweet, as the two would develop a mutual language only they knew. Eventually, it would get boring as one would learn the other's language.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
As an experiment, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if there were a significant tax break for straight men to marry trans women.
There would instantly be an enormous surge of F2M2F trans-women.
I know my wife would become one and we would enjoy the tax break. Free money. And I still get to have sex with my wife.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
So would you support if the state would intervene under certain circumstance to really force or put pressure on straight men on dating or having further intimate relations with trans women, and do you support trying to put this in the school system so children will grow up manipulated into this? Also, do you think that there should be punishments or some form of consequence, if one is NOT attracted to attracted, or "discriminates" toward a trans women by directly stating they are not attractive to them?
The state? No chance.

I think that society in general has the potential to pressure people into doing things they don't want to do to "save face" but I'm not so sure that could happen here.

It wasn't so long ago that gay men would date, and even marry, women because they had to keep up appearances.

I have a personal friend who was once engaged to a woman but who got married to his current husband just last year.
In about 5 years he went from being engaged to his girlfriend of 10+ years to split up with her to out of the closet to serious about his boyfriend to legally married to another guy. Around the time he "came out" to everyone we did talk about his relationship with his ex GF and he admitted it was because he didn't want anyone to know he was gay. He was even having sex with her and, according to him, absolutely hating it but also feeling it was something he had to do. Very complex. In a sense he spent a significant chunk of his adult life not wanting to be gay and trying so much to be straight. All because he felt society, family, friends wouldn't accept him if he were gay. He was wrong of course. We did accept him cos he's an awesome friend.

The wife's youngest brother is gay and for a long time the parents wouldn't accept it and kept badgering him about various girls in his social circle with a sort of "one day you will see the error of your ways" attitude. WTF?

With the right pressure in the right places you could possibly create a similar environment where men who are simply not attracted to trans-women would feel that they have to do things because society will be asking "are you secretly transphobic".

It would have to be a seriously toxic and dangerous environment though. Like literally you could lose your job or be beat up or ostracized from friends and family just because you only like women or something.

I'd say that will never happen. As it stands you are more likely to be treated badly, shamed and/or ostracized for being trans than you are to be treated the same way for just not wanting to date someone who is trans.

Best to just let people have their preferences.
Basically, for fucksakes, don't be saying "I don't want to date you because you are trans".
Just as you would with anyone you aren't into, let them down gently.
I'd never date a fat woman (married anyway so it irrelevant) but I'd never EVER tell someone I'm not attracted to them because they are fat.
Same deal here. Just be cool about it and it'll be fine.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
As an experiment, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if there were a significant tax break for straight men to marry trans women.
I predict it would dismantle traditional ideas regarding gender really, really, quickly.
Depending on the rules.
If self-identification is allowed then a married couple could each self-identify as trans and enjoy the extra cash.

It would sort of break the "taboo" of going against the gender binary because everyone would be doing it.
Of course it would also instantly de-legitimize ACTUAL trans issues as anyone can arbitrarily claim the label.

Blood Borne

Oct 30, 2017
Some do. Some have differing sexual orientations.
Thanks for answering. Could please elaborate on the bolded part. Why would a transman refuse to date a transwoman?
Edit: I edited the question for better clarity. Apologies for the original question. Wasn’t worded properly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for answering. Could please elaborate on the bolded part. Why would a transman refuse to date a transwoman?
Edit: I edited the question for better clarity. Apologies for the original question. Wasn’t worded properly.
Why would a lesbian date a gay man?

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
Why would a lesbian date a gay man?
Ummm...that does not seem like a proper analogy whiskeystrike. A gay man and lesbian are not a match in the sex they are attracted to. A Transman and a transwoman who are both heterosexual would seem to be a match in mutual sex attraction.

haxan7

May 9, 2016
There would instantly be an enormous surge of F2M2F trans-women.
I know my wife would become one and we would enjoy the tax break. Free money. And I still get to have sex with my wife.
I predict it would dismantle traditional ideas regarding gender really, really, quickly.
Depending on the rules.
If self-identification is allowed then a married couple could each self-identify as trans and enjoy the extra cash.
Well to be fair I did throw in a caveat in my comment that there would need to be some sort of validation system put in place to prevent people abusing the system. I don't know if that's actually practical.

I mean it's not that realistic of an idea in the first place. I was more trying to throw out an experimental what-if scenario.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
I don't think the dating pool is even big enough for a heterotrans persons to just resort to getting with one another, but it does happen. I've seen it in a few occasions

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ummm...that does not seem like a proper analogy whiskeystrike. A gay man and lesbian are not a match in the sex they are attracted to. A Transman and a transwoman who are both heterosexual would seem to be a match in mutual sex attraction.
Honestly, now I’m getting really confused. If that’s the case, then shouldn’t the transman date a transman if refusing to date a transwoman?
Heterosexuality wasn't specified in the original question. I'm answering the question as straightforward as I can. A transwoman who is attracted to other women isn't going to date a transman.

It's a bit of an odd question to be honest though I don't think BB was trying to be malicious, just asking out of genuine curiosity.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I think its an interesting question actually. If a transmen doesn't want to date a transwomen or vice versa then does that make them transphobic?

I always see lots of talk about how cis should be attracted to trans since they are real women/men and if we aren't attracted to them then its because of some sort of bias. So in this case then trans should be attracted to trans of the opposite sex or they would be showing that same exact bias.

Blood Borne

Oct 30, 2017
Heterosexuality wasn't specified in the original question. I'm answering the question as straightforward as I can. A transwoman who is attracted to other women isn't going to date a transman.

It's a bit of an odd question to be honest though I don't think BB was trying to be malicious, just asking out of genuine curiosity.
Thanks. I wasn’t being malicious. I’m just a bit confused on the subject, so I rather ask questions than make assumptions.

Ultimately, what I was getting at is that if a transman is gay, then they should date a transman and if the transman is straight then they should date a transwoman. Because I find it bit weird why a trans person would prefer to date a non-trans person over a trans person, I’m not being funny but one could interpret that as being transphobic.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Well to be fair I did throw in a caveat in my comment that there would need to be some sort of validation system put in place to prevent people abusing the system. I don't know if that's actually practical.

I mean it's not that realistic of an idea in the first place. I was more trying to throw out an experimental what-if scenario.
Even a validation system is difficult to implement. I mean, who will do the validation, and in particular who is going to deny a (fraudulent) claim and basically say a person that claims to be trans is not a real trans?

That is basically begging twitter to send a mob to your home to threaten to kill your family.

Last edited:

Avasarala

Emoji Emperor
Staff Member
Jul 9, 2018
Do you think [gov] should have the power to force relationships [on people]?

NO.

Why is this question relevant to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.