• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think SteamDeck could break 20 million in sales?

Could Steambox break 20 million in sales?

• Total voters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
The sentence doesn't make sense and it's baseless.

It's like to say Switch only sells to Nintendo fans and Steam Deck instead sells to everyone.
I think you know what I'm trying to imply.

Nearly all SteamDeck users will have a Steam account, that's their fanbase. The PC Steam fanbase. It just dilutes the number of consumers they will appeal to.

It's a pretty big audience though so I think it can outperform the Vita long term.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think you know what I'm trying to imply.

Nearly all SteamDeck users will have a Steam account, that's their fanbase. The PC Steam fanbase. It just dilutes the number of consumers they will appeal to.

It's a pretty big audience though so I think it can outperform the Vita long term.

Both of you guys are right in a way.

There are plenty of gen Z gamers who never made a Steam account. They prefer Epic Games Store because of Fortnite and free games. So the Steam Deck is something they're likely never to be interested in.

However, Steam really is still probably the largest platform out there aside from mobile.

And Nintendo most definitely targets everyone. They go out of their way to, in fact, even making products for and marketing to much older possible customers.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I think it shouldn't exist 🤷‍♂️.
qV2bmjt.jpg

Ozriel

M$FT
You guys are seriously underestimating this.

It will sell minimum 10 million units. Likely significantly more.

The combination of affordable price and cheaper games on steam will resonate with a decent chunk of the market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom