• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we'll see Bloodborne 2 at E3?

Endo Punk

Whether you like it or not DaS is probably what a DeS sequel would have looked like. Only thing that would be different is the lore.

Pretty much, minus lore I definitely see IP progressing the same way. And I do not want to the lore to drag-on 😁

lawtowler

I'd LOVE to see a Bloodborne 2. I'm not sure how they'd go about it with respect to the lore but I'm sure they'd find an angle.

Kazuhira

I love BB but i'd rather get something different like space souls or jurassic souls.
Killing raptors with a big club would be awesome.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think not. I think we're more likely to see FromSofts new ip project that they're cooking up but I hope I'm wrong.

Shahed

I'm not sure if we'll see it, but I wouldn't want it to exist personally. Bloodborne is one of my favourite games of generation and my the best Souls title, but i want something new. One of the reasons I like Bloodborne so much compared to the other Souls games is how fresh and stylistically new it was, while building on the same fundamental core gameplay. I'd love to have that feeling again

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Naw, it's a pale imitation

This is worth a chuckle, at least.

All Demon's Souls needs is an HD remaster, seeing as it's the only game in the series not available on modern systems. A sequel would be largely redundant when multiple entries of Dark Souls exist, even if there are some differences between the two IPs.

I wouldn't mind a demon souls sequel. I don't see how it would be redundant. They'd have more leeway to take liberty with the plot and setting. Dark souls is pretty much married to years of lore at this point. I agree though, I'm not exactly clambering for a demon souls sequel. That said, neither am I really dying to see bloodborne 2. At lot of those same arguments against demon souls 2 apply. Mechanically bloodborne is still basically a souls game. While I'll buy any play anything they make in that style, it's clear they are running out of ideas. I'm not sure why people think that because bloodborne had top hats and monacles they could make it any fresher in terms of encounter design or level design then dark souls 3.

.Anema

PLEASE! I need it, I don't care about anything, I want a new souls game. Bloodborne 2 and Dark Souls 4 now and forever.

Lakitu

st5fu
Why are people so excited about the prospect of a new Armored Core? There has been nearly 20 of them I think and have all had bad to mediocre reviews.

Granted, I've never played one but from everything I've seen, it's hardly exciting...

.Anema

Why are people so excited about the prospect of a new Armored Core? There has been nearly 20 of them I think and have all had bad to mediocre reviews.

Granted, I've never played one but from everything I've seen, it's hardly exciting...

Because FROM it's popular now and everyone is pretendindg that they were all time fans...

Lgndryhr

Had this conversation yesterday with a friend. I don't think we will see another Bloodborne. If we do, I don't think Miyazaki will be director ala Dark Souls 2. Also, we know they are working on a new title and he is the director. I am hoping for Armored Core.

Well, there are many people who like AC. More importantly, we don't know how Miyazaki will reboot the series, but the man is one of the most talented people in the industry. I can't wait to see what he does with it.

My dream game would be a mecha versus Bloodborne-esque beast game, sort of like Miyazaki's take on Pacific Rim.

Elandyll

Banned
My theory is that we will see a DeS remaster trailer, followed by a new Japan Studio/ From collab, be it BB2 (I hope) or DeS 2 or a new IP (doubtful, why not bank on highly acclaimed existing franchises?).

My theory is that we will see a DeS remaster trailer, followed by a new Japan Studio/ From collab, be it BB2 (I hope) or DeS 2 or a new IP (doubtful, why not bank on highly acclaimed existing franchises?).

Because Miayzaki doesn't want to make the same game over and over.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

I'm not thinking about making any sequels or spin-offs. That applies to Bloodborne as well.

The God

Why is a new IP doubtful? They just pumped out Souls games for three years straight and Sony is obviously open to new things

sasliquid

Give Me DS3 and BB were announced at E3 and 2017 is the only year since 2014 to not have a Souls-Esque game from From, I think it's likely Miyazaki will reveal himself at e3

vaniel

Neo Member
I'm hoping for a new Otogi title. Or a remake of the first two.

Best games on the original Xbox in my opinion, and From Software made em' .

I-hate-u

I'm 99% certain we'll see it :)

h9CD9233C

People getting set up for disappointment already.
Ill actually go out and say it wont be there this E3 or next E3, or the one after that.

NEO0MJ

Pretty much, minus lore I definitely see IP progressing the same way. And I do not want to the lore to drag-on ��

I mean, every Souls game has been a departure from the previous one (for or better or worse) that I'm having a hard time believing people still think a DeS II would follow the original much.

What's the reasoning behind this. Haven't been following Fromsoft but didn't know it was confirmed they were making an appearance.

They're pretty high profile among enthusiasts so I'm sure both major platform holders would love to have them on stage. The new Armored Core is probably coming this year or early next year but I'm not sure if the new dark fantasy game is presentable right now.

Before they became the Souls devs to me and a lot of people they were the Armored Core team. Fun high speed mecha combat with a lot of customization, both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. For me it was groundbreaking.

Lakitu

st5fu
If it does exist and it's going to be there, what are the chances of it not actually being developed by From? Since Miyazaki himself denied it. Maybe handle in-house at SCEJ?

If BB2 is real, i'd like to see it not directed by Miyazaki.

Let the man create his new IP masterpieces that the other teams at Fromsoft could build sequels for after the fact.

NEO0MJ

Because FROM it's popular now and everyone is pretendindg that they were all time fans...

Maybe, maybe not. While it was always niche I feel people are underestimating the popularity of AC. I remember that for a while the magazine Tips & Tricks used to have monthly column dedicated to showing off cool/powerful reader builds.

Plus it still has an ongoing model kit line. If it wasn't worth it Kotobukiya would have dropped it ages ago.

Edit: Seems like the last model kit from that line was released late 2015. Guess the demand for mechas from V wasn't high enough as it only had 5 releases.

Laplasakos

Yup. They'll be on Microsoft's stage, to announce an Xbox One exclusive.

Thought the same, although not an exclusive. FROM always appeared in MS's stage if we exclude Bloodborne. I remember that both Dark Souls 2 and 3 had a new trailer and reveal at MS's conference.

Pretty sure From is still working with Sony considering their name shows up for PSVR stuff. Id imagine theyd appear on stage with Sony to show off Armored Core with VR capability.

Top Bottom