• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you watch TV and Movies anymore?

Alx

I'm probably watching more TV shows and movies than I ever did, but not through live TV (which I watch mostly for the news every morning).
I do have a monthly subscription for unlimited movies at the theater, and also buy DVD on the cheap which I rip to a hard drive to watch through PLEX (I currently have 100+ unwatched movies on my backlog plus a few show seasons, it's like my own Netflix but filled with stuff I actually want to watch)

rolandss

Movies occasionally, usually a Saturday night in type thing, but I don’t watch tv bar a single program on a Monday night, barely game anymore either.

TV is becoming more of a background noise when I turn it on, I really turn it on just to keep my room from being too quiet.

I used to do that a lot as a teen, but for over a decade now that's been replaced by just listening to music.

I saw so much Travel Channel back around 2002/2003/2004, it was the perfect network for background noise that you could watch on and off.

What's Travel Channel like now? I haven't watched it since No Reservations ended.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
saw some cool '60s tv today:

The Avengers - this was an early episode, in black and white, and before Emma Peel. a bunch of people are summoned to a costume party on a train, they find out their mysterious host has devious designs, it's a plot reproduced a zillion times through as many genres. this was pretty fun, tho most of the show was just seeing people wait around, trapped in rooms, and drinking to pass the time. it felt like very claustrophobic sets, very much the low budget BBC look. lol the '60s look like so much fun. just a non stop party.

Danger Man - S3E23 this was badass. i am a big fan of The Prisoner but have never seen Patrick's earlier show until today. this was an extra fun episode. he was infiltrating a pirate radio station, which was on an interconnected offshore facility pretty much like Big Boss's Mother Base just on a smaller scale. it had a lot of Mission Impossible-style gear shots, unboxing 007-style gadgets and putting together a radio transmitter w oscillator to discover a nearby submarine. they have some scenes in the radio studio, and play lots of random Merseybeat and Northern Soul records, all very cool stuff, which is a great soundtrack to the action (the real soundtrack is also cool and very harpsichord-heavy). Danger Man in his secret agent mode scaling the facility and working his way between struts and taking out henchmen is a good time. highly recommend this.

Last edited:

AaronB

My TV watching is mainly sports (American football), some The Big Bang Theory, and some HGTV (fixing up houses) or Food Network.

The only real surprise recently is that I enjoy Teen Titans Go when my kids are watching it. It has enough wit and references that adults will catch to stay entertaining.

During the snow days of the recent polar vortex in the US, I watched a lot of movies from Comcast's free "On Demand" section. When I just want something for free, I can find something there.

flomp

Banned
The last thing I remember watching on TV was Orville, and that was season 1 (which I don't remember finishing.) Looking at IMDB, that would've been near the end of 2017. It's now 2019. Huh.

I don't watch a lot of tv or movies in English. Every week, I watch the new episode of Running Man. My wife watches a lot of Korean dramas, and I watch a lot of older anime (recently, Xabungle, Patlabor, and Ideon). I'll be honest. I don't think American tv or movies are really worth much anymore. The first season of Westworld was really the last time I felt like it was doing something great, but then they had the second season.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Nah, I have always found TV to be a huge time waster, since I was young. I think it was about 9 years ago when I decided to cut it out of my life. Movies, every now and then. But I maybe watch one or two in the theaters per two years, or 6-7 online every year in total.

Nymphae

Banned
I play Street Fighter with 90% of my free time, TV and movies suck for the most part now imo. My arm hurt the other week so I had to take a break and do something else for a bit, I watched some episodes of F is for Family, it's decent. First MK movie when I was sick. But I don't care to marathon things and I don't have a huge backlog of shows to watch. Movies I might watch 1 or 2 new ones a year, mostly I'm just watching stuff from my bluray collection if I need to kill some time and don't want to play SF for some reason.

lil puff

I stream murder shows on my phone while I do other things. So technically yes.
I'm addicted to murder, crime investigation, etc. shows, but only the non-fiction.

There is this new one on Investigation Network, I don't recall the name right now, maybe Fear Thy Neighbor or along those lines. It's about neighbors who start beefing until someone gets killed.

It has this humorous angle to the re-enactments, they use good actors who sorta dramatize their expressions, which make it hilarious. But it's also very real, how friendly neighbors can become enemies at the flip of a switch.

It's must see.

Body Cam is also turning out to be one of my favorite shows. Damn that shit gets serious. And you also get perspective on how difficult it can be to be a cop. Law enforcement in the US has it's systematic issues, but when you get down to the individuals that come to save your life, that show provides an inside view of the life and death situations these guys experience.

Mihos

Gold Member
All the time, pretty much every day. Even when gaming, the TV is usually on in the background.

I need the noise.

norm9

I'm addicted to murder, crime investigation, etc. shows, but only the non-fiction.

There is this new one on Investigation Network, I don't recall the name right now, maybe Fear Thy Neighbor or along those lines. It's about neighbors who start beefing until someone gets killed.

It has this humorous angle to the re-enactments, they use good actors who sorta dramatize their expressions, which make it hilarious. But it's also very real, how friendly neighbors can become enemies at the flip of a switch.

It's must see.

Body Cam is also turning out to be one of my favorite shows. Damn that shit gets serious. And you also get perspective on how difficult it can be to be a cop. Law enforcement in the US has it's systematic issues, but when you get down to the individuals that come to save your life, that show provides an inside view of the life and death situations these guys experience.
Nice. I watch a lot of Snapped, Snapped Couples, Ice T's In Cold Blood, classic FOrensic FIles, Mark of a Killer.

I'll see if I get Fear Thy Neighbor on youtube tv.

Top Bottom