• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DoA5: Last Round PC will launch without online, will be patched in within 3 months

Xater

What the fuck?

And within 3 months? That's a long ass time for something so important to be missing and who knows if they can even do it?

Phazon

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

Pretty lame tbh

SerTapTap

Japan has the weirdest growing pains regarding PC (as if it were new). Especially unfortunate since tons of PC players aren't set up for local multi.

What's with the Kickstarter-Stretch-goal-esque "Pre-purchase Rewards" BS?

Is this a new thing on Steam?

Actually it's a rather old thing I haven't seen in a year or so

Bebpo

Banned
Well, I'd wager most people wait at least 3 months for that 33-66% steam sale before buying, so now it's am even easier choice.

Come on... I was ready to buy it on day one. Why the heck would they do that !
The game is released in 2 months... cant they add it in 2 months ? Seriously ?

_machine

That is odd, why would they do that?
Functions not ready for launch, they have not done a pc game and it's a completely different thing as you can't rely on existing PSN and XBL architecture. I personally don't know what to think as it's off course nice to get a game soon, but on the other hand online mp is a big part and you're paying probably close to the same price as the console releases. Interesting thing though as most developers just end up delaying the PC-version as a result of all the extra work (GTA, AC etc.)

Stitch

Gold Member
Ehh whatever.

What's more important is that pre-ordering doesn't seem to give you the Beach Party Costume for Marie Rose.

Well, I'd wager most people wait at least 3 months for that 33-66% steam sale before buying, so now it's am even easier choice.
The thing is, you'd want to launch a complete product so those who want it day one will actually buy it instead of waiting for the game to be finished and cheaper.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
No need to buy at launch then. Time to wait for a sale~

Yeah, I think I'll wait until online is patched in and working before I buy it too. Still, I hope it works without issue, because I'd like to buy DoA5 eventually.

SerTapTap

Eh, that's Ok for a first-time effort. I'm fine with it.

Better than it not happening at all, but I think I'd rather they delay it than release it without arguably the most important component, especially since % of people playing locally on PC will be lower. (But it's not actually that hard, guys!)

Still buying just to have pristine IQ.

Tecmo's bullshots will finally be real shots.

Yep, IQ is honestly the main reason (along with framerate) I prefer to play 3D games on PC. Dont' even bother with mods most of the time and I use the DS4 anyway. But jaggies, urg

Ninja Dom

How much would a nice gaming PC cost in UK £'s that can run Dead or Alive 5 Last Round at maximum settings??

Do you think that the PC version will have better graphics than the PS4 version? I need my Hayabusa to look the best he possibly can. Only got a PS3 at the moment.

s_mirage

WTF Tecmo? Do Japanese companies understand at all why PC fighting games have a hard time building a community, even when they're the best versions? Usually it's because they're launched late or are outdated versions. Now, we have a game that's released alongside the console versions but with no online mode for three months, potentially. SMH.

How much would a nice gaming PC cost in UK £'s that can run Dead or Alive 5 Last Round at maximum settings??

Likely not much; it's not going to be the most demanding of games. Giving a price is a bit tricky until people can actually play it though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well I'm sure the port will be great aside from that. Usually games that ship incomplete are perfectly tested and properly planned out to hit the release date.

Skilletor

I dunno. This is one of those games that I can't see looking much better on PC than PS4, if at all.

/shrug, don't know how you can think that since what we've seen on ps4 has had lots of jaggies like there's no AA.

Unless you think the game looks like the bullshots that Tecmo releases, that it will look much better on PC should be pretty obvious.

dreamfall

Whoa.

Really?! I thought the whole appeal would be to establish a dedicated online userbase on PC! Eeeeesh. Would love to take some awesome screenshots, but the lack of online for now (3 months) is saddening.

nded

Then that'll be three months of people not buying the game. Or people buying the game and being angry about it for three months.

Maybe they should just delay it for three months.

Top Bottom