• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 10 |OT| He's Back, and It's About Time

tomtom94

Smith's was broadcast on New Year's Day 2009, six months before he started filming. Capaldi's was shown in August 2013, about five months before he started filming.

The BBC are being annoyingly coy about when production will start up again, which doesn't help. My assumption was they'd keep the spring release which means filming starts in July, as it did for series 5, but we've heard so little and I don't know how heavy Chibnall's Broadchurch commitments are.

Kevin

So excited to watch this new season. Sounds like it should be a solid ride.

Is the Blu-Ray UK release of the Doctor Who movie (with the 8th doctor) region free?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah Capaldi has the best modern interior by far. Didn't like it as much when Smith had it, but the new lighting, the small additions, and especially all the extra bookcases/random books scattered around/cupboards etc are just great.

Brilliant set.

i actually loved it pretty much as soon as it turned up for smith

it always fit better with what i imagined a 'new' tardis should look like based on growing up with the old interior

no telephones and hammers and bicycle pumps and 'organic' looking interiors, but rows of switches and buttons and flashing lights and clean, neat symmetry

Dimefan3

I would love it if
Matt Lucas has secretly been the Doctor as well the whole time, and Peter Capaldi regenerates into him at the end of the season.

It's wishful thinking, I know.

Joqu

Pretty hyped for this. That clip's really good, I think I'll like Bill. I really really don't care for Nardole though, and I'm worried Nardole comic relief + the introduction of a new companion will take away any focus on Capaldi. It's his last series! And like many I still feel like Capaldi only just got the role. :/

Boem

Well damn, I won't be able to watch it live because I have a birthday party with real people in the real world I have to go to tonight.

Damn you social responsibilities taking away my nerdy time travel show (
for a couple of hours
).

thespot84

Just a quick plug for adfreetime.com for those who want to watch outside the UK. Nothing to install and it's not VPN. You simply point your DNS to them and it spoofs a UK location ty of iPlayer and you can stream directly.

Vibranium

Banned
Let's do this, finally we're out of the wilderness again. I'll be catching it much later than you guys in the UK so I'll stay out of the thread.

Also, Nardole is cool in my books.

QUICK CHECK, since it only now occurs to me to ask:

What are we doing w/r/t post-episode discussion?

We black-barring plot points until it airs in America? We black-barring post-show trailers/promos? Is discussion "anything goes" once it airs in Britain?

Just wanna make sure before people wander in here and start getting upset that they saw a thing they didn't wanna see even though the show has already been consumed by its audience by the time they came in here.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
QUICK CHECK, since it only now occurs to me to ask:

What are we doing w/r/t post-episode discussion?

We black-barring plot points until it airs in America? We black-barring post-show trailers/promos? Is discussion "anything goes" once it airs in Britain?

Just wanna make sure before people wander in here and start getting upset that they saw a thing they didn't wanna see even though the show has already been consumed by its audience by the time they came in here.

Pretty sure last time it was anything goes after it airs in Britain.

If GoT is based on when it first airs in the US, Dr Who should be based on when it first airs in the UK.

Eithers ways, I'm spoilings it once I sees it on BBC1s

Yea, I'd say usual rules apply in terms of spoilers. If it's aired, it's fair game.
I have to stay out of GoT, Walking Dead and Better Call Saul threads until they've aired in the UK, so it's only fair.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I will edit that into the OP.

100229ed8cb7fa276e3bed94c2a1eadb1c84fb8d_hq.gif

And we are back!

Cant wait to watch episode 2 because it was recorded at my city in the futuristic city of arts and science area.
I met Peter there and he was an a amazing guy that treat incredibly well the fans!

Top Bottom