• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 2011 |OT| Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously.

Don't Scare the Hare is going to be the true star of my saturday nights.

b7ff39bf60b0d043e5fdeeea8c84267ebb9f4288.jpg

Hare lives in an underground forest with his mate Jason Bradbury and a gang of woodland chums. He's a cheeky, likable guy with many hobbies - including: fishing, painting and fine dining (primarily carrots).
Somewhat of a charmer, Hare has an eye for the ladies, though sadly he has an unrequited crush on Antiques Roadshow star Fiona Bruce.
The problem for Hare is that, as the title of the show would suggest, he can be more than a little jumpy. If anything unexpected happens, he gets nervous and very easily scared. Unfortunately for Hare, unexpected things seem to happen in the forest quite regularly, such as popping balloons, smashing vases, exploding fireworks, cracking giant eggs and even noisy croaking frogs.

Its like lunatic apocalypse tv.

isny

napkin dispenser
mclem said:
It's 6pm in the UK, 9pm in the US, isn't it? How long a gap is that, actually?

We could go with releasing spoiler rights as soon as it's aired in the UK, that'd at least be normal. Although I also think "Spoiler 'til Sunday" is quite a catchy name, and therefore superior.

Moffat should be on Graham Norton at some point in the next two hours on Radio 2.

8pm EST in Canada and 1pm EST in the UK. Uploads will be up by 2ish EST, so people in the UK will be watching it 7ish hours early, and people who watch it other ways will be watching it 5-6 hours early.

Don't Scare The Hare has been scheduled either as a trap by ITV to justify cutting the license fee, or, so the comparative quality of Doctor Who makes it appear to be the best thing ever, even better than playing the end of Portal 2 while having sex with Amy Pond in a sea of money.

mclem

I prepped by watching Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang again. My word, those episodes are *full* of ridiculously awesome moments.

mclem

I think some animated gifs of the Hare getting Scared (ideally with the pupils dilating, that's monumentally freaky) would be quite handy for those "bail out" moments.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, the silent are sure damn creepy. Awesome defense mechanism.

Lach

That......was........AWESOME!!

Bloody Cliffhanger! Can't wait till next week!
And Badger's in it!

Does the Doctor beeing 200 years older at the beginning mean that Smith signed a lifetime contract? :)

JonCha

Apart from a weak ending, it was okay. I was worried I wouldn't get anything but the episode was tied together nicely.

My question is:
What's the deeper meaning of Amy being pregnant? Amy being with child with the Doctor, or a metaphor for something else?

Also, WTF is that Jason Bradbury show? I loled.

Mr. Sam

We're all just cogs in Steven Moffat's master plan. Definitely, definitely my favourite Who series opening.

Now I'm watching A Tribute to Elisabeth Sladen. Awesome stuff.

Zoibie

Cliffhanger on the first ep, gah! Actually I'm not that bothered, that was a great episode. The cinematography is fantastic!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
JonCha said:
Apart from a weak ending, it was okay. I was worried I wouldn't get anything but the episode was tied together nicely.

My question is:
What's the deeper meaning of Amy being pregnant? Amy being with child with the Doctor, or a metaphor for something else?
Isn't it something to do with the Silent? She first complained of feeling sick (most likely due to pregnancy) after seeing them, and River was also feeling sick after she saw them in the sewer.

Zoibie

Sage00 said:
Isn't it something to do with the Silent? She first complained of feeling sick (most likely due to pregnancy) after seeing them, and River was also feeling sick after she saw them in the sewer.

I was thinking the same. So is that what the Silent meant when it said "you have to tell him"?

I don't know if it's because the village pub has just reopened and I'd been there since lunch time, but that did not feel like 45 minutes.

Clearly it should have been a 90 minute episode. Just to explain what the hell.

f0rk

I think your enjoyment of this show relies on how much you can except the making and breaking of the rules of time travel. Fuck holes in the universe, just tell him what's happening you break that shit all the time.

Danj

So so so awesome. Interesting that the credit page at the end now shows BBC America as being the main driving force - I guess that's why you guys are getting it on the same day as we are. Which is awesome really, I wish that sort of thing would happen more often with TV shows.

Anyway, time to put some dinner on I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom