• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dodgeball [DS] screens

king zell

01.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg
08.jpg

05.jpg
04.jpg

03.jpg
02.jpg

more screens : http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/kunio_dodge/0829/index.php

mandiller

Oh nice, the GBA version was great! :D One of the first few GBA games as well.

Graphics still look exactly the same though....

ezekial45

Banned
I remember someone making a topic about these kinds of games a few weeks ago (Super Dodgeball and River City Ransom). Does anyone remember where it is?

EDIT: Or what this particular style is referred as?

M3wThr33

Banned
My 2nd GBA game.
Imported it.
I remember playing it on my GBA at E3 before the GBA came out in the states.
Waiting in line to win a GBA.
Then I won a GBA.
So I gave it to my (then)gf.
Then 4 years later she dumped me.
I hate her.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
LRB1983 said:
With Dodge Danpei license it would be better :p.
IAF013.GIF

Looks good.

Get that piece of shit outta here. It's an affront to Kunio-kun's greatness.

Technos Japan forever!

G4life98

i cant wait for this, now that i finally have my ds on the way :D

i would commit many unspeakable acts for a console version of this game with online play :D

Enk

makes good threads.
Anyone ever play the NeoGeo one awhile back. Those were good times :)

dodgeballneo-2.png
dodgeballneo-1.png

118124217514.png
sdb-5.gif

Can't wait for the DS one to come out. I really love that they're sticking with the old style. Now let's get on to making River City Ransom DS!

TreIII

I already posted a link to this in my "ITT...Kunio-kun" thread. But no matter, the more people that know about the awesome the better. :D

Lavpa Jasai said:
Ewww

What happend to this style?

ME0000113334_2.jpg

BAH! That generic anime style with the jailbait girlies and moptop boys was only used as a place-holder. In the days before Million (Technos Reborn!) and Atlus were able to snap up all of the properties from Technos Japan's locker, obviously, they wanted to make some good games, even if they didn't explicitly have access to the Kunio-kun license just yet.

That's the only reason why the style for "Dodge Ball Fighters" for the GBA was used as it was. Million couldn't do any better at the time, and so they had to just settle for it. Now that Million has since reacquired pretty much everything they could stand to need (or at least, Double Dragon and Kunio-kun, which were the most important any way), don't expect them to ever go back to the style from the GBA game. And I, for one, am glad about that. It's just not Kunio-kun no Dodge Ball without the title character.

Enk said:
Now let's get on to making River City Ransom DS!

We've already had RCR EX relatively recently...

Personally, I would rather see an update to Dunk Heroes (the one game that makes NBA Jam its bitch), or maybe another game like Kunio-tachi no Banka. I love my RCR as much as the next not-stupid person, but there's so much more to Kunio-kun besides that game, as great as it is. Or hell, maybe they could have Kunio and friends attack a sport that they haven't covered yet.

Kunio-kun no Fencing/Kendo? I like the sound of that... :D

Top Bottom