• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Activision's standard webcode hint Destiny is also on WiiU/Vita/PC/720/PS4? (No)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
LOL

was about to post this:

Windows version confirmed?
Npi3QIt.jpg

but beaten!

Ydahs

i'd agree, but that's not actually the same javascript, one is raising an event, the other is just submitting some data.

probably the javascript BO2 at the end of the day is actually accomplishing the same task, but is not the same code, so they didn't actually copy and paste one code and deleted a couple of lines
Oh, my bad, you're right. I just looked at the equivalent javascript file and assumed it was the same when I saw the 'if' statements. Looking into it, it looks like the Destiny code is specifically for the preorder section and which platform is selected. If that's the case, I'll be very surprised if that means Destiny's not coming to PC, PS4 and 720.

Izick

It's confirmed for the 360, PS3, and next-gen (we don't the next-gen consoles specifically). That's all we know. Everything else is a rumor.

Hmm, interesting. I'm guessing the next-gen consoles are a lock, but I don't know about Wii U. The game doesn't seem to be that graphically intense, but that's because it looks to be so open and huge in scope, and I'm curious if the Wii U could pull that off.

Hmm, interesting. I'm guessing the next-gen consoles are a lock, but I don't know about Wii U. The game doesn't seem to be that graphically intense, but that's because it looks to be so open and huge in scope, and I'm curious if the Wii U could pull that off.

.....why would the PS3/360 be able to pull it off and the Wii U not?

BuzzJive

Has it been discussed as to who needs to be pressured to make this happen? I know we've got people who have read through the contract here. Is it Bungie that is deciding whether or not it goes on the Wii U, or is it Activision? It really wouldn't take that much to make this happen by 2014. A small team of 4 or 5 dudes could get it done (assuming increased Activision testing support of course).

popeutlal

Come on now, Activision won't even put Black Ops 2 DLC on Wii U....they certainly won't spend money on the Wii U version of this huge game.

Majmun

Don't think there will be a Wii U version considering the sequels will probably be released on nextgen hardware only.

Bungie and Activision are probably investing in Sony's and MS' userbase

Top Bottom