• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Does anyone remember how absurd that clock boy story was???

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005

Imagine if a fucking kid came into school with this??? Everyone was throwing anti Muslim shit all over the place ON THIS VERY FORUM! This was no science project or fair, all these stupid fucks were taken for a ride...

thank god an actual teacher called the police can you imagine walking around a school with this:

Again it wasn’t even a science fair or science project he just wanted to bring this in! How on earth does this no put up a red flag to anyone of any race? Insanity.

... to the people who fell for this you are fucking dumb, truly.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
The best part was when they brought him in front of legit geniuses during some kind of smart kids summit.

He destroyed an electronic alarm clock and put it in a pencil case found at your local walmart.

Last edited:

take_it_easy

Jan 31, 2018
Someone should do a where is he now investigation. I thought I read he accepted a full ride to some university in the gulf region. Good luck with that bruh. Good riddance if true

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
The best part was when they brought him in front of legit geniuses during some kind of smart kids summit.

He destroyed an electronic alarm clock and put it in a pencil case found at your local walmart.
again what was the point of it? In what way did that make anyone smart?

how did anyone not see this and know they were being taken for a ride? It was so obvious...

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
You gotta be an idiot for escalating that whole situation into hand cuffs. After the initial shock it should have been easily settled.

Last edited:

Arimer

Feb 16, 2018
Someone should do a where is he now investigation. I thought I read he accepted a full ride to some university in the gulf region. Good luck with that bruh. Good riddance if true
Yep, The family moved to Qatar which offered him a scholarship at a school there. His father keeps running for president of Sudan. Clock boy wants to come back ot the states to attend MIT but cliams the US is too racist. They sued the school for 15 million and lost. They sued the police for injuries and lost.

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
again what was the point of it? In what way did that make anyone smart?

how did anyone not see this and know they were being taken for a ride? It was so obvious...
People didn't want to look at the details or acknowledge that he wasn't the "genius" he was being portrayed as.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
see if he had actually made gears and assembled a clock from scratch, that would have been actually impressive. but sticking a clock in another case, no, that isn't even a science project. tbh it makes it sound like the kid is either lazy or an idiot.
You gotta be an idiot for escalating that whole situation into hand cuffs. After the initial shock it should have been easily settled.
US public schools have a zero tolerance policy and have for a long time. i remember a friend of mine getting a week's suspension for bringing in a Star Trek gun and pretending to fire it and that was in the 90s before 9/11.

context is pretty important. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING was repeated ad nauseum. terrorist plots all over the place. national hero Keifer Sutherland torturing terrorists on network tv. a full decade of this stuff and people get put on edge, by design.

erring on the side of caution, it's really all they can do, and given the amount of mass shootings & violence that occurs in schools, im perfectly fine with precautions being taken even if it is ruffling a few feathers.

Last edited:

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Here is what I was referencing.

The Google Science fair trotted him out in front of legitimately smart kids.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: finowns

SpartanN92

Sep 7, 2012
Oh man I remember that crazy BS.
Didn't Obama get personally involved in the situation (or at least make public comments?)

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018

Imagine if a fucking kid came into school with this??? Everyone was throwing anti Muslim shit all over the place ON THIS VERY FORUM! This was no science project or fair, all these stupid fucks were taken for a ride...

thank god an actual teacher called the police can you imagine walking around a school with this:

Again it wasn’t even a science fair or science project he just wanted to bring this in! How on earth does this no put up a red flag to anyone of any race? Insanity.

Its the same shit with greta they put children in front of you and demand you to dance and pretend but if you roll your eyes oh thats a big no.
Its basically bait for republicans to roll their eyes and then get attacked for it.
Its democrats forcing manufactured idiocy on society as bait knowing full well their base will cover for them by pretending to be stupid (or actually be stupid) and if you react you get the media whores on your back.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
It was a farce and either Obama was an idiot or knowingly acted in bad faith to promote this family of scumbags.

Mar 18, 2018
So this brat disassembled an already made clock instead of getting a 35$ raspberry Pi from target and using that Pi to write and run a python script and building a voltage conversions on a breadboard to work with the LED of the clock instead of its ... already working components.

... And he gets a Google spotlight so the Left can win some brownie points?

🤡

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: infinitys_7th

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Knowing the resources the president has access to, I am going to go with the latter.
I like to give Presidents (respect the office over the individual) the benefit of the doubt through bad delegating, but I suspect you are right.

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
I just don’t understand with everyone always on edge about shit that goes in schools why the huge upset in taking a proactive measure.

Had it been a fucking bomb the same people woulda said no one did anything so it’s like you can’t fucking win.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Here is what I was referencing.

The Google Science fair trotted him out in front of legitimately smart kids.

Why does he get to wear different clothes? Was he supposed to be the head nerd or something?

As for him, good riddance. I’m sure over in Qatar someone can put him to use putting clocks in a suitcase.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018

To be fair to the kid and his family, if you are bringing something like that to a school in the USA then you could end up in some deep fucking trouble.
Unless you can play the "bigotry card" after the fact.

So I'd guess that the parents did not know he was going to take something like this to school. Then upon learning their kid had acted like a fucking idiot, in a way that could have very serious consequences, they went with the only course of action that could get their kid out of trouble. I really can't blame them for that.

"He just wanted to take his clock to school but those bigots thought it was a bomb because of our religion". OK. Sure.
*Looks at photo* Are you sure he didn't take this to school to pretend it's a bomb and have a bit of a laugh with his buddies? Cos it really doesn't look like any kind of useful clock.

Just walking around with a bunch of, not exactly easily identifiable, electronics in a case. At a school. In the USA. No big deal. Nobody will think anything of it. Just me and my timer in a briefcase, out for a stroll at a US school... :)

I'll give the lad a pass for just being a daft kid. Kids do dumb stuff and nobody deserves a serious punishment over that. Just "you are an idiot and this could have had seriously bad consequences for you, please don't do this again" and maybe he learns his lesson.

Reactions: Alcibiades

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
This was the stupidest thing ever.
Even Obama told him to bring his disassembled clock to the Whitehouse.
Seeing everyone cash in on "being the good guy" and showing how not racist they were by sending gifts and inviting him to places he had no reason being was just pathetic. MIT had a stupid clock hung up in their main building in his honor. That place is messed up. Then again their professors cancelled classes when Trump got elected and put placards for people to express their feelings of how scared they were of what will happen, right there in the main building.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
A fellow student should have smashed his face into the interior brick walls of the building ala The Last of Us-

Then smeared his own blood all over his “clock” bomb

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
People didn't want to look at the details or acknowledge that he wasn't the "genius" he was being portrayed as.
Man
If people were calling that idiot kid a genius for that shit, then some of the kids I knew were gods compared to this kid

fuck him and his family

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
It kind of gives me hope that people are getting better at identifying and mocking clown shit. Even outside of Gaf.

Back then, it was quite the uphill battle to suggest this was a moronic move by the kid, and a legit reaction by the school, before getting swarmed with a bunch of 'How dare U!' types.

If you'll notice, a bunch of formerly 'alt-right' (as in not remotely fucking alt-right at all, but smeared that way) ideas and concepts have become pretty mainstream, even among independents, neutrals, and quasi-leftists. I see the Overton window shifting -- not nearly as much as I'd like, but it's there.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I think this was the point where I realized that Obama was truly loathsome, and just how dangerous the conspiring between the media and these identity politics supporting politicians was. He used this collusion to further bolster a fabricated moral high ground that gave rise to all the IdPol nonsense today - exaggerate, deny facts, ban dissent, and claim superiority. Anything to protect the special classes.

Reactions: Eiknarf

Foxbat

is on their last warning for console warring
May 30, 2018
True Story:

When I was in around 3rd grade we were going to do an experiment. The one where you make a tornado inside a container of water. Our teacher said that anything such as soap, or food coloring made the tornado more visible. We were to bring jars, containers, food coloring, and objects to put into the container in order to create the tornado. On Friday, we would try different ways to make the experiment.

Seeing as I didn't have any food coloring, I decided to bring soap. Laundry soap to be exact. I put several hand fulls in a zip lock bag, and put it in my backpack.

Upon arriving at school, all the kids typically sat in rows in the gym until school started. Digging around in my backpack for something, the kid behind me asked me what was in the zip lock bag. I jokingly told him it was coke. I don't know why I said that, but before I could clarify, he was yelling for a teacher, and that I had drugs.

In the principles office I was scared, but pretty confident I could get this all cleared up pretty quickly. When the principal licked his pinky, dipped it in the bag, tasted it, and said "Yep, this is definitely cocaine" I knew that not only was my principal an idiot, but that I might be in deep shit. 15 mins later the police showed up, and quickly confirmed via the little blue crystals, that it was indeed laundry detergent.

I don't remember the president proclaiming me to be either a genius, or a drug dealer. I should've sued.

• LOL
Reactions: finowns

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Fortunately nobody

I simply know an ass to kick when I see (saw) one

maybe you should hang out with “Clock Boy” then? Have fun in Qatar :)
Don’t get your head sawed off

Last edited: