• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does 'Days Gone' Cross the Line By Letting Players Kill Child Zombies?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I never understand why children in Videogames now have to be invincible.
It's pretty simple. The media and watch group backlash is not even close to worth what you would gain by allowing children to be killed.

thelastword

Banned
Another Sony exclusive, another controversy surrounding it.........Cause reasons....(Moral, My anti-consumer detector is ringing, these samey Sony games, someone has to call them off on that...right?.)....So what controversies have we seen?

GOW= Too many trolls sir

Spiderman = Where are the huge puddles inside of a building Sony?

Detroit = I'll watch it on youtube, how can anyone consume content from David Cage ( He's mistreats women and is a bad human being)

UC4: UC4 was a bad game mannnnnnn, a dissapointment, how many people has Drake killed? The kids are getting the wrong impression of how we should live and resolve conflict..

LOU2: Sony is trying to force this LBGT shit on me mannnnn.....

Tsushima: Sekiro looks better, I'll play Sekiro instead....Don't think this is PS4 graphics though, Sony is trying to fool us with graphics again..

Death Stranding: What do you do in this game btw, so convoluted......Kojima is a movie maker wannabe tbh, why don't he go make movies instead.....

So in the end, this is only a videogame, where there are enemies, mutated creatures of any form will kill you, sometimes the most troublesome and frightening ones are the smaller ones, cause and effect.......So you are such a humanitarian that a mutated enemy of any size is going to kill you and you do not defend yourself in the name of morality because it was a child prior (in a videogame)...I mean how far do we need to go? So are you allright keeping those Newts alive or killing you so they can actually proceed to kiiling real children and more innocents/unmutateds? Let's not raise issue where there is none...

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve never seen anyone so pumped for what looks like a mediocre retell of a mutant game, but hey you do you.

I will ask, why is this game so exciting to you and World War Z isn’t?

I have been so hyped for Days Gone since it's reveal. Been wanting an open world freaker (zombie) type game with stealth, shooting, brutal melee and survival aspects (ala Mad Max) plus I know the gameplay will be great and the story and characters will surprise a lot of people. Also, I love the scavenging and resource gathering in games and the setup is Ubisoft style which is perfect for me.

I can guarantee Days Gone will NOT be mediocre. I'm expecting at least an 85+ OC/MC and an easy 10M+ in sales in less time than the two years Horizon accomplished the same.

As for World War Z, now this will be a mediocre average at best game. Get ready for some fives and sixes. LOL. Plus Days Gone is a pure third person single player story and narrative driven game which is what I want. I'm 40 and you have to give me more than some shitty multi-player romp like World War Z.

No impact, child zombies are kinda sad tho. If my memory serves me correct babies (not to be confused with toddlers) are often carried out in horror films (dolls, chucky etc.) No impact tho.

the dawn of the dead remake theres a zombie baby. its amazing. a woman gives birth to it.

HotPocket69

Banned
I don't remember people crying about The Pack in Dead Space 2 or those little infants with the swollen bodies that blew up in your face

You also could kill kids in the original Fallouts and no one batted an eye

Videogames

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I’ve never seen anyone so pumped for what looks like a mediocre retell of a mutant game, but hey you do you.

I will ask, why is this game so exciting to you and World War Z isn’t?

World War Z won’t have dynamic events, won’t have camps, won’t have a 30+ hour single player story. They’re very different games as it’s more focused on multiplayer.

Days Gone is shaping up to be what RDR2 should have been.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Lol wasn't it Dead Space 2 where we went through a daycare school shooting zombie/alien babies crawling around in diapers?

Was that right before the world went batshit insane looking for anything to be outraged over?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lol wasn't it Dead Space 2 where we went through a daycare school shooting zombie/alien babies crawling around in diapers?

Was that right before the world went batshit insane looking for anything to be outraged over?

Yep, Doom 3 as well and plenty others I am sure.

DanielsM

Banned
I think Rick got it right, just saying. (the teddy bear was a nice touch, he should have brought the teddy bear to Carl as a present)

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think Rick got it right, just saying. (the teddy bear was a nice touch, he should have brought the teddy bear to Carl as a present)

I've never watched walking dead...but the kid in the bathrobe in the middle of a...surprisingly paved street....screams zombie child. I'm hesitant to click this video.

Edit: Clicked it. yep...sounds about right...dead zombie child.

Last edited:
Top Bottom