• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does EAD systematically opress R&D1?

I'm just wondering. Is EAD like the top stripper on the vegas catwalk who got on the N lounge owner/manager Yamauchi's good side and used that to keep the potentially prettier and more lucrative R&D1 from stealing the spotlight?

Deg

Banned
I dont think so. EAD are much more internationaly successful however. So its no surprise they are the lead studio.

ge-man

EAD's earlier successes made them the larger the part of Nintendo. There's no oppression going on, it's just that at one time EAD was unstoppable. Their size reflects their importance to the company in the past. They may not be doing as hot has other divisions today, but they are still considers the premiere division.

Deg

Banned
EAD still garner huge sales however. MKDD their last major game has sold through far more units than any R&D1 game.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Obviously it's debatable which teams are stronger in terms of quality, but I'm pretty damn certain EAD still come top of the pile by far when it comes to sales.

But if R&D1 has been relegated to the back room have they been given enough resources to even compete?
Should they not, at the least, venture out into Gamecube territory with their games the way they did in the NES days?
Back in the day I actually liked Kid Icarus and Metroid more than Super Mario Bros. and Zelda(gasp).

the more pertinent question is does the R&D1 team get to eat in the fabby Nintendo mess hall? Or are they relegated to the back room

I see an aristocratic EAD order which is holding down the R&D1 proletariat. Perhaps using retro was R&D1's way to connect with the internal proletariat of another regime, to harness their power, but it could also be EAD over ruling them saying " No you cannot make the games as EAD does. We are sadistic EAD employees who will give your game to American dogs before we let you have a go on our television console devices.".
At the fringes of a crumbling empire, from time to time, the internal proletariat can identify with external barbarians and nomad proletariats, or with other empires, more so than their own leaders and then the empire crumbles.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Heliocentric said:
I see an aristocratic EAD order which is holding down the R&D1 proletariat. Perhaps using retro was R&D1's way to connect with the internal proletariat of another regime, to harness their power, but it could also be EAD over ruling them saying " No you cannot make the games as EAD does. We are sadistic EAD employees who will give your game to American dogs before we let you have a go on our television console devices.".
At the fringes of a crumbling empire, from time to time, the internal proletariat can identify with external barbarians and nomad proletariats, or with other empires, more so than their own leaders and then the empire crumbles.

lol!

Top Bottom