• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Sony care that they're competing with EB?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
well, it's not as if sony make much if any profit on the hardware. the people who buy those preowned ps2's are going to have to buy ps2 games, and that's where sce make their money.

i'm sure games publishers dislike the used games market, though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gantz said:
EB makes a killing on selling preowned systems. Does Sony even give a shit?

So are you suggesting that Sony shouldn't sell their products to EB? If so, then that's pretty stupid

Soul4ger

Wario64 said:
So are you suggesting that Sony shouldn't sell their products to EB? If so, then that's pretty stupid

I guess they'd have to stop distributing to GameStop, too, in that case... I'm not sure what this thread is about.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BeOnEdge said:
whoa. i feel like i made this thread!

lol.gif

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
this thread raises a serious issue, but probably not the one gantz wanted.

cvxfreak

I'm not a huge fan of used games, sadly. Whenever I buy one, such as Ninja Gaiden from the other day, I just return it in favor of something new, in this case Tales of Symphonia.

But I doubt Sony really cares about used systems when they sell nearly 1 Million PS2s a month worldwide.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
whoa.... wait a minute. Since when did EB start developing their own consoles and games, which are then sold by Sony? This is news to me...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gantz said:
Umm ok.. so Sony doesn't care EB is making more money off the hardware than Sony?

Maybe if you would deliver your argument in more than one sentence, we could actually have something to discuss in this thread

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Used game/hardware market is the biggest joke of all time. They give you like $50 -$60 for a used PS2 system and they turn around and sell it for $120 - 130 something? People that feed this extortion operation should be ashamed.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Sp3eD said:
Used game/hardware market is the biggest joke of all time. They give you like $50 -$60 for a used PS2 system and they turn around and sell it for $120 - 130 something? People that feed this extortion operation should be ashamed.

Right now you can get a hundred in trade for one! It's probably the best re-sale percentage since the beginning of the gen (for the consumer). Sell your PS2! Sell your Xbox!

AbeFroman

Sp3eD said:

OMG! You just got an F in Economics.

These folks get at least a B+.

By the way, Sony has sold GameStop (and maybe EB) refurbished hardware for years.

Top Bottom