• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog breaks girls copy of Dead Space 2, so Visceral.....

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sends her this:

2rxg1du.jpg

f1chls.jpg

Her post about it:

well about a year ago (or whenever the article came out) when they said they were toning down the scares, for DS2 i was bytching on twitter. the art director i guess saw, and @replied me like "the game is still going to be awesome" so i said i would follow him, and let give him shyt personally if it was not awesome when it came out.

fast forward to now, i @replied him telling him the game was indeed awesome, and he does not have to suffer a wrath of anger from me. lol he saw my tweets about what happened with my xbox/dog, and DM'ed me saying "whats your address" i gave it and he said "wait about a week"

this showed up today lol. i didn't really want to get too excited because i had no idea what would become of it, if anything, but this is amazing lol i am sooo happy.

and a link to her blog about it

Good show, guys.

The dog in question

r94n5c.jpg

luxarific

Nork unification denier
That is a very bad, bad, cute dog. How did it break the game, btw? Chew on the disk? Or was there scratching involved?

EDIT: OK, the game was in the 360 (which miraculously survived somehow).

while i was playing it, my dog knocked over my 360

Very sweet of Visceral. Hmmm...maybe if I leave my DS2 disks out, my cats will end up scratching them somehow....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Good show Visceral. Nice gesture.

rainking187 said:
Came in here expecting "kills her dog", actual ending was much nicer.

I more thought "gave her the tools to dismember her dog" but that's close.

luxarific said:
That is very bad, bad, cute dog. How did it break the game, btw? Chew on the disk? Or was there scratching involved?

and then the unthinkable happened… while i was playing it, my dog knocked over my 360, causing me to head to twitter and do again what i did all that time ago. i bitched. liquid escaped my face, as my whole gaming world went dark and ugly. i tried everything from cleaning it, to trying to install it. nothing worked.

According to the blog.
EDIT: Beaten, by, uh, you.

Irish

Hey, Visceral, playing your Dead Space 2 beta broke my launch 60 gig PS3. Where was my replacement? :/ I was even in the top ten on the leaderboard. :p

Roche178 said:
Man that's really nice of them, a good gesture like that goes a very long way with fans.

I completely agree. It makes them stand out in such a good and positive way that alot of other companies don't.

Irish said:
Hey, Visceral, playing your Dead Space 2 beta broke my launch 60 gig PS3. Where was my replacement? :/ I was even in the top ten on the leaderboard. :p
Do you have a blog or type like a retard? No? GTFO

MrMephistoX

Wow my original copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 didn't survive an encounter with my then teething pug and I never thought to friend Ryan Payton. Oh well ;) Cool developers!

Crisis

Banned
red shoe paul said:
I completely agree. It makes them stand out in such a good and positive way that alot of other companies don't.

If you think that's a nice gesture, why don't you take a note from their book and return the $50 you stole from Kerrinck to him?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So if I bitch about a game on Twitter, I may potentially score something free and awesome?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
The dog was just trying a little negative reinforcement to correct her "cute" spelling issues.

Way to screw all that up Visceral.

Crewnh said:
So why'd they all sign her copy? Is she sick or something?

They probably didn't sign her copy. I'd imagine all games have multiple signed copies like this that can be handed out for prizes and the like.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crisis said:
If you think that's a nice gesture, why don't you take a note from their book and return the $50 you stole from Kerrinck to him?

Ice cold burn and called out.

Top Bottom