• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOJ drops leak case vs. McCabe, judge said White House involvement like a 'banana republic'

May 22, 2018
The Department of Justice has told lawyers for former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe that he will not face criminal charges for allegedly lying to investigators about a leak to the media, the ex-official's attorneys said Friday. The decision was released on the same day it was revealed that a federal judge had expressed concerns months ago that McCabe's case was looking like a "banana republic" prosecution.

"We write to inform you that, after careful consideration, the government has decided not to pursue criminal charges against your client,” J.P. Cooney of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., told McCabe’s attorneys in a letter Friday. “Based on the totality of the circumstances and all of the information known to the government at this time, we consider the matter closed.”

McCabe's lawyers Michael R. Bromwich and David Schertler responded in a statement, saying, "At long last, justice has been done in this matter."

Rest of the story here

EHuntingon

Jul 30, 2013
I really don’t understand all the hyperbole around the DoJ and Trump. Holder bragged about how he was there to protect Obama. How is it a banana republic to go after someone who leaked classified information? I mean didn’t they say he “lacked candor” and was referred for criminal prosecution?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: tfur and DeepEnigma

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
I don't know why people shop there anyway. Overpriced clothes, oversensitive SJW service, and no variety in their stock. ;)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Good, we can finally put to rest the recent mainstream-media conspiracy that the DOJ is a corrupt extension of Trump. Dropping unnecessary cases seems like the best way forward but let's see if that's how it plays out.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I really don’t understand all the hyperbole around the DoJ and Trump. Holder bragged about how he was there to protect Obama. How is it a banana republic to go after someone who leaked classified information? I mean didn’t they say he “lacked candor” and was referred for criminal prosecution?
It really is difficult to understand. I'm hoping a bunch of this crap starts to settle down, and the business of running the country becomes the norm.

That is going to be up to the Democrats if recent events are anything to go by. If they continue to push, expect the executive branch to push back and continue this tit for tat schoolyard idiocy.

I'm not hopeful.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
The action resolves a criminal investigation that began nearly two years ago with a referral from the Justice Department’s inspector general’s office, which concluded that McCabe had repeatedly lied about having authorized a subordinate to share information with a newspaper reporter for a 2016 article about an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Its not like trump just ordered the doj to investigate mccabe lol

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

tfur

Oct 21, 2007
Because:

Orange Man Bad.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: EHuntingon

gamerMan

Jun 10, 2014
toybuzz.org
I don't care if the DOJ dropped the case against McCabe. The deep State conspiracy against the greatest president is real. Lou Dobbs said so. Stop trusting the mass media and establishment. It's no Banana Republic. Okay, maybe it's an Orange Republic. It's all a big conspiracy theory that's bigger than Watergate. The DOJ is part of the deep state and a villain has infiltrated it. You just have to connect the dots. Learn to think on your own.

Last edited: