• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doki Doki Literature Club! |OT| Writing her way into your heart

Went in blind expecting yanderes, ended up getting enough doki dokis to last me until Christmas.
Tried single-mindedly pursuing a Yuri route but, uh, that didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Then I made the mistake of listening to Monika's endgame insights for so long that I didn't want to delete her. As a relative fan of VNs and games with a meta element, I didn't mind the comparatively uninspiring 1st half, and part 2's fuckery on tenterhooks more than compensated for it. Strongly positive feelings overall, though I probably wouldn't have warmed to the cast outside of this setting. Well, maybe Just Monika.

I was hoping there was another ending. Thank you!
There's also another (very premature) ending of sorts, though you need to have seen the main ending to get any real sense out of it.
If you run a completely fresh game, delete Monika's character file and then click New Game, some stuff happens.

Ōkami

Ok, being able to skip early one has compelled me to go back and see some of the missing scenes.

There was a CG of Natsuki on the credits I didn't see, I want to see more of her, as she was the most stable of the group.

Got a few questions though.

Do the poems actually do anything? Like I figured if you picked the themes that went more for each girl things would go different, during the first "half" I just when with Sayori, who ended up liking the poems the most, but afterward I went with Natsuki's themes and Yuri was the one to go crazy.

Does it also make a difference on which order do you share poems? I only did if alphabetically, but I know I missed a scare where only Monika's name appears, so heh.

The first time I saw the whole game in one go, ignoring the save and load advice, I'll do it now and try different scenarios.

OldMuffin

About redoing the intro, you can go to the settings and enable the option that allows you to skip unread dialogue, and just get to the choices in order to unlock the secret ending. It'll probably take a few minutes.

aww man, I missed this.

Not several playthroughs in the traditional sense of experiencing the same thing again but making different choices. The game just keeps going. It's similar to Nier or Drakengard, if you've played those games.

In this particular case, credits don't even roll until you get the final ending. It'll take you around 5 hours to see the whole story.
Cheers mate, I already got the first one and I'm slightly put off... I mean I was expecting as much but still. Please tell me it gets better emotionally?

Gbraga

There's also another (very premature) ending of sorts, though you need to have seen the main ending to get any real sense out of it.
If you run a completely fresh game, delete Monika's character file and then click New Game, some stuff happens.

I need to try this! That's really interesting.

Cheers mate, I already got the first one and I'm slightly put off... I mean I was expecting as much but still. Please tell me it gets better emotionally?

I suppose better is subjective,
but it doesn't get too depressive, if that's what you're wondering. It's more of a wild ride than a sad one past the first ending.

BTA

Played for a couple hours last night.

I don't think the writing's very good and
sure wish it didn't quickly escalate into badly handling mental illness
but I ended up staying up an hour later than I should've to play more of it, so there's that.

I think the execution of things is visually interesting and effectively creepy but I don't know how that'll hold up over another 2-3 hours.

RRockman

Banned
So just got the true ending after alot of digging and... wow.

Monika:
I honestly wanted to punch her straight in the face for what she did too Sayori after going through it she was almost as much as a victim as everyone else. Its really sad how she "thinks" she loves you, but shes really only using love as a justification to cling to what she percives as the true reality, instead of being content with her own. to my surprise I was very sad I never got to see the "fake monika" if you will, her true self without meta corruption.

Sayori:
its actually hard to tell just how bad her depression really was thanks to Monika's tampering of the code, but by the end even she grew. She stops sleeping in and once the club is formed, she retains her sanity once she realizes what you've been through and how hard you tried to find a way that didn't end with everyone getting rekt.
I actually liked her the most. Her final poem to me was actually her reacting directly to Monika's tamperings with her head, rather that her thinking it was her depression getting worse. I'm almost positive she was aware of her tampering, like Yuri.

Natsuki:
Probably has the most depth when you exclude the meta stuff, but still fits too snug in that tsundere trope. I admit it was fun seeing her drop the act during the baking scene, but I liked her best when she disguses a cry for help as a poem. She single-handedly proved they are not just flat entities and can actually perceive that whats happening shouldn't be happening. Also smart enough to know that Monika is in on it too, but unfortunately underestimated her reach.

Yuri:
the one who got hit the hardest when it came to Monika's Tamperings and probably devolved into madness the second fastest of the group. what I found interesting was that even when she was in the depths of madness she dropped a throwaway line referencing Monika, which mean that on some level she was also aware that she was screwing around with her, just like Sayouri.

Brotag: is boneheadedly stupid. lol Sayori is depressed, lets flirt with the other girls huehuehue. he tries I guess but either he comes on too hard or he pulls back too far. I wish he didnt just dissapear when things get crazy though. would have liked him freaking out or demanding me to fix things.

Funnily enough, what bothered me the most is being
completely helpless. I wanted to reach in there and straighten things out., I wanted to respond to Natsuki's cry for help, I really wanted to tell them all not to listen to Monika's lies. Thankfully it all works out. While I also like that you dont "win" a girl in the end, I cant help but want a game where they all have unaltered routes. Monika included of course.

About redoing the intro, you can go to the settings and enable the option that allows you to skip unread dialogue, and just get to the choices in order to unlock the secret ending. It'll probably take a few minutes.

aww man, I missed this.

Not several playthroughs in the traditional sense of experiencing the same thing again but making different choices. The game just keeps going. It's similar to Nier or Drakengard, if you've played those games.

In this particular case, credits don't even roll until you get the final ending. It'll take you around 5 hours to see the whole story.
so, if i saw those credits where the cgs got deleted, that means i saw the final/true ending? im confused :((((

RRockman

Banned
so, if i saw those credits where the cgs got deleted, that means i saw the final/true ending? im confused :((((

Nope. Heres what you have to do:

You have to delete the game and do a clean reinstall. The game may ask you if you want to erase your previous save data. Say yes to this prompt.

THIS time around, you must save Sayouri's route last, and do Natsuki and yuri's routes first.

Save before they make you write your first poem, and then go for one of the two girls. When you hit the point that they jump away from you because they realize Sayouri is watching them, then you should load your first save and go after a different girl.

Do this with both girls and do Sayouri last. She will still kill herself and game will proceed like before, but when you delete monika and restart the game, you will get a different ending.

The skip unread text option will be your best friend

I think the most disturbing piece of video game content I have played so far were Corpse Party and CP: Book of Shadows on the PSP. So is it safe to say I can handle the mindfucks in this game? No lie, animu creeps me out.

So

fucking hell. I fucking jumped out of my seat when Monica fucking namecalled me (I had, for a change,
gone with my real name but it has an accentuated character which I couldn't input into the actual game).

Really fucking weird and great game. "What if the cast realized they were trapped inside a game?" is something I always wondered about and this game was interesting in that regard. Leaving the true ending for tomorrow.

Tried to go for Yuri both times, didn't go well lol

Murugo

I'm playing this right now... and it's good, but I don't think I can finish it tonight.
Maybe I'll wait until daytime this weekend and try again. I know I haven't gotten to the worst of it but I don't think I can deal with the overall creepiness so late at night. The themes are also hitting hard and I'm starting to feel like shit.

BTA

Nope. Heres what you have to do:

You have to delete the game and do a clean reinstall. The game may ask you if you want to erase your previous save data. Say yes to this prompt.

THIS time around, you must save Sayouri's route last, and do Natsuki and yuri's routes first.

Save before they make you write your first poem, and then go for one of the two girls. When you hit the point that they jump away from you because they realize Sayouri is watching them, then you should load your first save and go after a different girl.

Do this with both girls and do Sayouri last. She will still kill herself and game will proceed like before, but when you delete monika and restart the game, you will get a different ending.

The skip unread text option will be your best friend

Sorta skimmed this to avoid full spoilers but I have a question just to be clear:

What's safe for me to force skip? Just the intro before the first poem?

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
Sorta skimmed this to avoid full spoilers but I have a question just to be clear:

What's safe for me to force skip? Just the intro before the first poem?

I'm assuming that sounds right. It's the word choices in the poems that determine who you end up with.

BTA

I'm assuming that sounds right. It's the word choices in the poems that determine who you end up with.

Noted. I played a little more on my lunch break but I'm going to try to finish it after work. Which leads me to another question:

Can I just skip everything between Sayori dying and having to delete Monika again, or is anything new there?

RRockman

Banned
Noted. I played a little more on my lunch break but I'm going to try to finish it after work. Which leads me to another question:

Can I just skip everything between Sayori dying and having to delete Monika again, or is anything new there?

It depends.

If you romanced Yuri after the suicide the first tine around, then I would recommend trying to go for Natsuki the second time around since her scenes change.

If you went for Natsuki after the suicide the first time around then you should go for Yuri the second time since you wouldnt have seen some sceens with her.

BTA

It depends.

If you romanced Yuri after the suicide the first tine around, then I would recommend trying to go for Natsuki the second time around since her scenes change.

If you went for Natsuki after the suicide the first time around then you should go for Yuri the second time since you wouldnt have seen some sceens with her.

I'm confused.

I thought I was supposed to see both Natsuki and Yuri's routes again (reloading upon being discovered by Sayori's) and then do Sayori's route? Which is what I've done. I stopped right before the suicide on Sayori's route.

Both of them had scenes that I didn't see the first time though I think Yuri's was the only new CG (at your house), which I believe is the important part? So (in theory)I could have just done hers and that's it.

EDIT: Oh, ok, I get what you're saying now.

I'm... not sure what I went with? I think it was a mix of both? Since Natsuki showed me manga and then after that Yuri dominated my time till I got the stabbing scene, etc. Does that mean I should go Natsuki...?

RRockman

Banned
I'm confused.

I thought I was supposed to see both Natsuki and Yuri's routes again (reloading upon being discovered by Sayori's) and then do Sayori's route? Which is what I've done. I stopped right before the suicide on Sayori's route.

Both of them had scenes that I didn't see the first time though I think Yuri's was the only new CG (at your house), which I believe is the important part? So (in theory)I could have just done hers and that's it?

This is mostly right.
Its just that the scares are different in the second half, depending on who you hit on after Monika removes Sayori. The scares aren't needed for the true ending.

BTA

This is mostly right.
Its just that the scares are different in the second half, depending on who you hit on after Monika removes Sayori. The scares aren't needed for the true ending.

See my edit, whoops.

So if I saw the knife stuff, it means I should go for Natsuki? Or...

BTA

Yes, XD. Sorry.

Hmm, now I'm confused.

Do you really have any choice post-suicide...? I chose entirely Natsuki options for the second poem and the game acted like it was Yuri instead.

I did get Yuri's cutting poem first before the weird suicide image this time though...?

RRockman

Banned
Hmm, now I'm confused.

Do you really have any choice post-suicide...? I chose entirely Natsuki options for the second poem and the game acted like it was Yuri instead.

I did get Yuri's cutting poem first before the weird suicide image this time though...?

XDDDD

Well I guess I'll come out and say what happened to me.
after the suicide I went for natsuki first and I got her scene but glitched this time, with the black text saying her dad would beat her if he found her manga- among other things. Then for the second poem after the suicide I made my poem for natsuki and Here Yuri still steals you away. The third time I think, you get a creepy scene if you make your poem for Natsuki and you show it her first.

I should also mention that some scares are randomized but I dont think the one I got was

BTA

XDDDD

Well I guess I'll come out and say what happened to me.
after the suicide I went for natsuki first and I got her scene but glitched this time, with the black text saying her dad would beat her if he found her manga- among other things. Then for the second poem after the suicide I made my poem for natsuki and Here Yuri still steals you away. The third time I think, you get a creepy scene if you make your poem for Natsuki and you show it her first.

I should also mention that some scares are randomized but I dont think the one I got was

I'm pretty sure I saw all that the first time around though?

So should I actually reload and go for Yuri post-suicide instead? I think we're miscommunicating; I assumed because I saw Yuri's death that I was on her route. If that's a constant, what actually changes depending on who you go for?

EDIT:
Yeah, saw new stuff when I reloaded and went with Yuri. Weird that it seems to force you to either be mixed if you go with Natsuki or actually fully go Yuri. Is there really no full Natsuki option? Huh.

RRockman

Banned
I'm pretty sure I saw all that the first time around though?

So should I actually reload and go for Yuri post-suicide instead? I think we're miscommunicating; I assumed because I saw Yuri's death that I was on her route. If that's a constant, what actually changes depending on who you go for?

EDIT:
Yeah, saw new stuff when I reloaded and went with Yuri. Weird that it seems to force you to either be mixed if you go with Natsuki or actually fully go Yuri. Is there really no full Natsuki option? Huh.

Oh you got it. Ignore my pm then.
The only real natsuki route is before the suicide unfortunately.

BTA

Oh fuck me.

I forgot accepting Sayori's confession was a CG. I chose not to this time because I wanted to see if anything changed slightly, and even went "oh, she doesn't hug you" but the implication didn't click. Time to race through again.

So finished my first playthrough and
my best friend in the whole wide world Sayori, who I just confessed my love to, just hung herself in her room
. And now everything is
all glitchy as fuck

I take it that in order to advance more is to
choose the glitchy option in the main menu and trudge forward?
But yeah, this game is...something alright, so far.

Tain

Once Sayori
killed herself and I pulled up the game's log, and then later once I realized that her character file had been deleted, I poked at the character files and realized that Yuri's was base64 encoded something and I ran it through a decoder and shiiiiiit that fucked me up. Monika's a PNG and Natsuki is a JPG, can't figure out what the center of Monika's image is and I don't really want to look anything up.

Very rad things to stumble on, though.

Tain

I was hoping I would see a response
to making the character files read-only
but sadly there is none as far as I can tell.

dadjumper

My girlfriend and I played about 20 minutes of this game (knowing where it was going) and realized that we had never really played a dating sim/VN before, so we instead booted up Tokimeki Memorial and are now way into those games. Thanks, I guess? I found this game's writing to be a slog, even though I know it was trying to be generic at the beginning

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
Once Sayori
killed herself and I pulled up the game's log, and then later once I realized that her character file had been deleted, I poked at the character files and realized that Yuri's was base64 encoded something and I ran it through a decoder and shiiiiiit that fucked me up. Monika's a PNG and Natsuki is a JPG, can't figure out what the center of Monika's image is and I don't really want to look anything up.

Very rad things to stumble on, though.

It's all been documented here: http://ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page

Haven't got around to playing yet, on a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked up is this game? The devs literally say "people with depression shouldn't play this game"

BTA

Thats what I'd think without spoilers

Eh. I really wouldn't go that far.

I do think it could be pretty triggering, so that warning is warranted. I just also think that's separate from being "fucked up" or scary. It is pretty creepy and disturbing but I also don't think it's outrageously so. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to playing scary things by myself and I was able to play it late at night without any issue.

Rather, I thought
the introduction of mental illness and suicide and abuse was sorta lazy shorthand to make things seem more "messed up" without putting more effort into the writing? All the graphical glitches and game corruption were way creepier to me than anything else in the game, and I wish it'd stuck to doing stuff along those lines than turning something serious like self harm into yandere nonsense.

EDIT: I'd add that what I find genuinely scary/fucked up/whatever tends to be atmosphere and implications. I don't think this game really leaves much to the imagination and
most of its creepiness comes from effective one off scares than anything atmospheric, since once you get that Monika can see the outside world and influence the game, that's it, you know the whole gimmick. All the "SUICIDE, SELF HARM, PARENTAL ABUSE, DON'T YOU GET THAT THIS IS BAD" stuff can be shocking in the moment (particularly if it's the edited/influenced text) but not really scary after that.

RRockman

Banned
Eh. I really wouldn't go that far.

I do think it could be pretty triggering, so that warning is warranted. I just also think that's separate from being "fucked up" or scary. It is pretty creepy and disturbing but I also don't think it's outrageously so. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to playing scary things by myself and I was able to play it late at night without any issue.

Rather, I thought
the introduction of mental illness and suicide and abuse was sorta lazy shorthand to make things seem more "messed up" without putting more effort into the writing? All the graphical glitches and game corruption were way creepier to me than anything else in the game, and I wish it'd stuck to doing stuff along those lines than turning something serious like self harm into yandere nonsense.

EDIT: I'd add that what I find genuinely scary/fucked up/whatever tends to be atmosphere and implications. I don't think this game really leaves much to the imagination and
most of its creepiness comes from effective one off scares than anything atmospheric, since once you get that Monika can see the outside world and influence the game, that's it, you know the whole gimmick. All the "SUICIDE, SELF HARM, PARENTAL ABUSE, DON'T YOU GET THAT THIS IS BAD" stuff can be shocking in the moment (particularly if it's the edited/influenced text) but not really scary after that.

I guesssss,
I was kinda factoring in the fact that they make you sit next to a rotting corpse for three in game days.
When he said f-ed up I was thinking overall rather than depression/anxiety triggering specifically. I guess a 7.5 is more apropriate for that.

Speaking of which were you able to get the true end?

Milijango

So... that's put me in a place.

But I don't know.
I think I horribly misinterpreted the content warning, as I was hoping that the game would actually be about anxiety and depression, rather than just using them for what ended up being a pretty predictable VN/horror bait and switch. That said, the second route legitimately had me on edge for most of it, as did Monika's room. It's unfortunate that I went in expecting something more constructive, or that at least tried to explore mental illness.

BTA

I guesssss,
I was kinda factoring in the fact that they make you sit next to a rotting corpse for three in game days.
When he said f-ed up I was thinking overall rather than depression/anxiety triggering specifically. I guess a 7.5 is more apropriate for that.

Speaking of which were you able to get the true end?

I mean, I don’t think it’s anywhere near a 9 for that in general; that was my point. It just could be triggering, which is why they have the warning. They asked about the warning for depression as if that’s connected to how “fucked up” it is when they’re entirely separate things.
Which is to say I’d warn about depression if an entirely serious and dramatic story talked about depression and suicide, let alone showed one.

I just think for a horror game in general, even as someone with a limited experience with them, there’s not too much here that felt out of the ordinary.
In your example it’s not like they show her rotting or anything, or at least I never noticed if the CGs changed beyond lighting. They don’t really do anything with it in writing either since the text during that time is garbled (with the description in the history) instead of driving in that you are actually sitting next to a decaying corpse the whole weekend- imagine if they had done something long then like they do for Monika’s room. The actual sprites of Yuri stabbing herself and Natsuki’s (unfortunately sorta memey in a way that distracted me) puke sprite was the grossest part of that for me. Rather, sure, “event x” did happen but as someone who reads a lot of Wikipedia summaries instead of watching horror movies, there’s a big difference between knowing that event happened and actually being terrified by the execution of it and... in this case it’s mostly not a very upsetting execution of it despite the waiting 3 days thing being cool on another level.

Though I don’t really know what a scale for this even is, really, so all of this is just a personal feeling. Numbers are sorta arbitrary if you apply them to only this game in a void anyway. I’d just say that I don’t think anything here stuck with me after seeing it, or was uniquely upsetting in a “fucked up” way.
People going ~crazy~ isn’t really anything new, y’know? Like I said before, it mainly used the abuse/self harm/depression as cheap shorthand than actually showing them as being legitimately disturbing - it wasn’t shocking, it was shock value. That stuff kinda peaked with Sayori’s jarring depression confession by showing how much the player was writing off legitimate problems as anime tropes. The corruption effects were the scariest part and the game was maybe a bit too specific about the limited power Monika had over the game for even that to be really chilling; maybe the most upsetting thing she did directly was speak and that was only used to set up the ending song. So I just don’t see how this is particularly fucked up, if that makes sense?

Like... ANATOMY made me scared of houses the night my friends and I finished it. I’m scared of playing most 3D horror games by myself. This didn’t exactly fuck me up.

And yeah, I did. It was fine though perhaps not worth the time.
I mostly really appreciated the dev note at the end because it spoke to a lot of the things I appreciate about flawed games as well.

EDIT:

So... that's put me in a place.

But I don't know.
I think I horribly misinterpreted the content warning, as I was hoping that the game would actually be about anxiety and depression, rather than just using them for what ended up being a pretty predictable VN/horror bait and switch. That said, the second route legitimately had me on edge for most of it, as did Monika's room. It's unfortunate that I went in expecting something more constructive, or that at least tried to explore mental illness.

Yeah, this is basically my thoughts as well.
The stuff with Sayori had me hopeful and then as soon as she didn’t come with you in the morning I knew exactly where it was going and was kinda disappointed. Them showing her body was mostly scary because of the sudden jump to the CG, particularly coming off V3 where such a thing would have been slowly introduced by showing the player’s horrified face first. The second route was pretty creepy, I’ll totally admit, but not uniquely so beyond the corruption effects being executed well.

And then the self harm and abuse was... just used for the same ~crazy~ horror stuff as always, yeah, beyond maybe the Natsuki note that Monika shut down. The Monika influenced Natsuki dialogue of “MY DAD WOULD BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ME” or whatever, and Natsuki shittalking about Yuri’s selfharm, and so on were shocking but not horrifying beyond that. If it had actually explored those things in any depth - particularly as Monika could, for example, go on to judge the player for enjoying a game all about comforting “people” who have to deal with this horrible things (and therefore in a way was the person who burdened them with it to begin with) as these seemingly were some of their original character traits - it could have been more unsettling but instead those parts were just regular old horror.

Milijango

I bet
Undertale and NieR spoiled me when it comes to metanarratives and forced replays; I was expecting some kind of catharsis after all that.

Natsuki's poems were alright though.

Ōkami

Ok, so I went through the game a couple of times, how do you get this CG, is the only one I'm missing for the good ending.

https://i.imgur.com/unVRPC5.jpg

Apparently some spooks are based on luck rather than decisions, lame, but on moving through the game again I got new ones, 2 creepy images appeared between days and a depressing poem from Natsuki.

I had skip going through the whole ordeal, it goes really fast but I was able to catch a glimpse of a spook with Natsuki
Like her mouth transformed into a monster mouth or something, it was extremely brief while skipping, but still scary

Accidentally I must have made poems that appealed to Yuri, like I didn't even picked the topics I just clicked on one the whole way, pretty sure I got a very creepy scene with Yuri then, like I had skip on, but turned off after you made choices, so suddendly it stops and
I see Yuri staring at me, with pupiless eyes, then Monika starts to materialize slowly

So yeah, I guess the poems do matter as I miss a scene with Natsuki I saw on previous playthroughs, but as is I'm satisfied with what I got, no need to go back.

Though, shame your character's name doesn't matter in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/kJAabGu.jpg

Aaltopahvi

Neo Member
Anyone notice that at one point in the classroom CG the map is replaced by the CG of Sayuri hanged?

I really had a hard time for a while with this game. I had no idea what to expect and when stuff started happening i got really anxious. Gladly i kept playing and got over that feeling and had a blast playing to the end

As a fan of VN (Non romance though) games i think this was great.

BTA

Ōkami;251971490 said:
Ok, so I went through the game a couple of times, how do you get this CG, is the only one I'm missing for the good ending.

https://i.imgur.com/unVRPC5.jpg

Apparently some spooks are based on luck rather than decisions, lame, but on moving through the game again I got new ones, 2 creepy images appeared between days and a depressing poem from Natsuki.

I had skip going through the whole ordeal, it goes really fast but I was able to catch a glimpse of a spook with Natsuki
Like her mouth transformed into a monster mouth or something, it was extremely brief while skipping, but still scary

Accidentally I must have made poems that appealed to Yuri, like I didn't even picked the topics I just clicked on one the whole way, pretty sure I got a very creepy scene with Yuri then, like I had skip on, but turned off after you made choices, so suddendly it stops and
I see Yuri staring at me, with pupiless eyes, then Monika starts to materialize slowly

So yeah, I guess the poems do matter as I miss a scene with Natsuki I saw on previous playthroughs, but as is I'm satisfied with what I got, no need to go back.

Though, shame your character's name doesn't matter in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/kJAabGu.jpg

If you do want to go back...

Yes, the poems do matter. The person you have the most affinity with that day’s gonna be who you hang out with, more or less. So if you want all the CGs, you’re gonna need to see both Yuri and Natsuki’s “routes” (which is to say focus entirely on them) before Sayori’s suicide leads into the second part of the game. Which is, of course, normally impossible. So once you Sayori interrupts you and the girl you were with on Sunday, either reload to the point before you make the 1st poem (assuming you saved then) or just go to the menu and start a new game. Go do a run fhat’s focused on the other girl, then do a final run that’s focused on Sayori for her CGs before you let things get creepy again.

Be absolutely sure to say you love Sayori on her route because I forgot that was a CG and had to do everything a third time.

Burnburn

Alright so
I'm at the part where Monika is looking at you and it's obvious that in order to progress I have to delete her file. Anyway I kinda want to challenge the game, see if there's more things I can do and see. So I added Natsuki's file back to see if anything would happen, but unfortunately it didn't. So now I'm just wondering if should just continue on and read up on all the things you can do later or see if I can exhaust Monika's dialogue and see if anything happens then. Probably just gonna get it over with and read about fun facts online

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This really isn't what I expected when I came into this thread.

287340_scr5_a.png

I was expecting something a more personality quiz based sequel to Doki Doki Universe!

That is what i was hoping for but i was expecting something like what the actual game is.

OldMuffin

For the good ending can I use 3 seperate save files to get all the cgs before moving onto the next part of the game?

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
I think I discovered a new "anomaly" yet to be documented elsewhere:

Try to save the game after Sayori's suicide but before Act 2 starts.

Top Bottom