• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dokuro relasing on US PSN 16 Oct. for $20, has 150 levels

Tizoc

www.psnstores.com/2012/10/dokuro-is-coming-to-us-psn-next-week/

GungHo Online Entertainment America has announced that the quirky puzzle platformer Dokuro will be coming to the US PlayStation Store on October 16th.

The game will be priced at $19.99 and comes packing with a platinum trophy. If you don’t know much about Dokuro you can sort of boil it down to a game much like Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again. The Princess in Dokuro will constantly walk forward until she reaches an obstacle that will stop her. You must use Dokuro, who is a skeleton, to manipulate different things so that she can escape the castle. There are around 150 levels with each getter more complex.

$20 sounds good IMO, but I suck at puzzle type platformers/games @3@

Tizoc

It's a long game, I can confirm you that. Took me like 20h or more to finish it.

Oh, would you mind if I ask some questions about the game? You can use spoiler tags if needed:
The game states that the princess will stop moving when there's an obstacle in front of her, based on this I would assume she can be damaged by spikes, holes and enemies. Is making sure the princess is safe going to be harder in the later levels?

Oh, would you mind if I ask some questions about the game? You can use spoiler tags if needed:
The game states that the princess will stop moving when there's an obstacle in front of her, based on this I would assume she can be damaged by spikes, holes and enemies. Is making sure the princess is safe going to be harder in the later levels?

She stops if there's danger, so it's not like say Mario vs DK where mini's walk mindlessly into death. Some levels have almost no immediate danger, so the challenge is creating her a safe path. Other levels the danger immediate, an enemy or time based hazard that she can't avoid herself. The game obviously gets harder as you go on!

Atolm

She stops if there's danger, so it's not like say Mario vs DK where mini's walk mindlessly into death. Some levels have almost no immediate danger, so the challenge is creating her a safe path. Other levels the danger immediate, an enemy or time based hazard that she can't avoid herself. The game obviously gets harder as you go on!

Basically this.

The difficulty is well balanced and not every new level is harder than the previous. For me the hardest one was world 8, then 9, 10 and 11 were very easy for example.

deimian86

Banned
I platinumed Dokuro few weeks ago, japanese physical version is localized (english, spanish, french, italian, deustch, japanese and korean).

Nice game, 2D Boxxle and ICO mixture with chalk graphics.

Tizoc

Basically this.

The difficulty is well balanced and not every new level is harder than the previous. For me the hardest one was world 8, then 9, 10 and 11 were very easy for example.
tHANKS for the feedback, good to know about the princess, might get the game eventually. I was just worried about the difficulty and protecting the princess as those kind of things could turn me off from a game ^_^;

Tizoc

Yeah, and it has English, Spanish and other languages. That's how some of us finished the game already.

Speaking of which, would someone make an OT for it? It's releasing within a week and OTs tend to get more attention for a game.

Goldrusher

is the JP version boxed?

2215814dlod9.jpg

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, the boxed version is pretty damn cheap on Play-Asia. $32 USD right now. Tempted to import a copy even though I'm not getting a Vita for a while...

Top Bottom