• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Dominion Voting Systems statement responding to Powell

Sep 14, 2014

While Dominion Voting Systems is not named as a defendant, on Wednesday, November 25, 2020, Sidney Powell released what appears to be a very rough draft of a lawsuit against the Republican governor and secretary of state of Georgia alleging a bizarre election fraud conspiracy that—were it possible—would necessarily require the collaboration of thousands of participants, including state officeholders, bipartisan local elections officials, thousands of volunteer Election Day poll watchers in thousands of locations across the state of Georgia, federal and state government technology testing agencies, private elections service companies, and independent third-party auditors. This quite simply did not occur.

Dominion Voting Systems is the gold standard for transparent and accountable voting equipment. The allegations included in the draft complaint are baseless, senseless, physically impossible, and unsupported by any evidence whatsoever. We stand with the state and local elected officials and bipartisan election volunteers that this suit maliciously maligns.

In Powell's error-filled document, she repeats a number of baseless allegations about Dominion Voting Systems, which she has made in public since Election Day.

The allegations about DVS most relevant to the election outcome in Georgia are that votes tallied on a Dominion vote tabulator were somehow manipulated on a statewide basis to elevate the count in favor of the Democratic presidential candidate. It is important to understand that this is not possible—not on a machine-by-machine basis, not by alleged hacking, not by manipulating software, and not by imagined ways of "sending" votes to overseas locations. But even if it were possible, it would have been discovered in the statewide handcount of votes.

Dominion's systems are secure as certified by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC). In fact, all voting systems must provide assurance that they work accurately and reliably as intended under federal U.S. EAC and state certification and testing requirements. Further, Dominion source code is verified and secure. Third-party test labs chosen by the bipartisan U.S. EAC and accredited by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) perform complete source code reviews on every tabulation system that is federally certified in the U.S.

Every vote from a Dominion device in Georgia is documented on an auditable paper trail and creates a verifiable paper ballot available for hand-counting. In fact, the Georgia handcounts, independent audits, and machine tests have all repeatedly affirmed that the machine counts were accurate.

In addition, Powell makes a number of allegations that go beyond Dominion's role in Georgia's elections—which is only to provide the ballot tabulation systems. For the record, again, Dominion does not develop voter-registration systems, poll-books, signature verification software, or provide vote-by-mail printing. These parts of the voting process are instead supported by other companies and controlled by the state and local officials who run elections in hundreds of thousands of voting places across the country.

These assertions in the Powell filing are non-sensical and unsupported by any presentation of evidence. However, to respond to some of her specific assertions about Dominion:

• Dominion was not "founded by oligarchs and dictators." It was founded in Toronto, Canada, and it is now a proud nonpartisan American company. Dominion has attested to its ownership—under penalty of perjury—to local, state, and federal agencies, including the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, which includes all U.S. national security agencies.
  • Dominion is not, and never has been, owned by Smartmatic. Neither has Smartmatic ever been a subsidiary of Dominion, as the complaint asserts. Dominion is an entirely separate company—they do not collaborate in any way and have no affiliate relationships or financial ties. Dominion does not use Smartmatic. These are all facts verifiable in the public record as well as in regulatory and legal filings.
  • Dominion has no ties to the Venezuelan government, nor any other foreign government, including China and Iran. Dominion has never participated in any elections in Venezuela and has no connection or relationship with the now deceased former Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez. Other companies have serviced elections in Venezuela, but Dominion is not one of them.
  • Dominion does not have operations in Germany including an "Office of the General Counsel."
  • Dominion Voting Systems are in fact auditable—and are audited and tested regularly by multiple government agencies and independent third parties. All electronic devices used in the U.S. must be designed to be audited.
  • Dominion's system does in fact include a paper ballot backup to verify results. In fact, thousands of elections officials in Georgia just completed the largest vote recount in American history using the paper ballots produced by Dominion devices.
  • Dominion's system cannot be manipulated by a technician in the way Powell alleges. This has been confirmed by the government agencies that have certified Dominion equipment.
  • Despite repeated counts and audits, there is no evidence of any kind that any voting system deleted, lost, or changed votes in Georgia, or in any of the other 28 states that use Dominion devices. Certifications and audits have instead shown the accuracy, transparency, and reliability of Dominion's systems.
  • The federal government agency that oversees U.S. election security verified that there is no evidence that this election was in any way compromised. In fact, they have called it the most secure election in American history.
  • Servers that run Dominion software are located in local election offices, and data never leaves the control of local election officials.
  • There were no "glitches" with Dominion's voting systems, and no unauthorized or last-minute software updates occurred.
  • There were no "data breaches" of Dominion software by anyone, let alone rogue foreign actors.
  • Human errors did occur in some counties but were resolved quickly by county officials before the canvass process.
  • Votes are not processed outside the United States. Votes are counted and reported by county and state election officials—not by Dominion, or any other election technology company.
  • Election safeguards—from testing and certification of voting systems to canvassing and auditing—prevent malicious actors from tampering with results.
Sidney Powell's wild and reckless allegations are not only demonstrably false, they have led to stalking, harassment, and death threats to Dominion employees. This criminal activity has been duly reported to the appropriate law enforcement agencies, and we intend to hold Ms. Powell, and those aiding and abetting her fraudulent actions, accountable for any harm that may occur as a result.

Feb 3, 2015
Reality:
a bizarre election fraud conspiracy that—were it possible—would necessarily require the collaboration of thousands of participants, including state officeholders, bipartisan local elections officials, thousands of volunteer Election Day poll watchers in thousands of locations across the state of Georgia, federal and state government technology testing agencies, private elections service companies, and independent third-party auditors.’

Trumpers:

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Reality:
a bizarre election fraud conspiracy that—were it possible—would necessarily require the collaboration of thousands of participants, including state officeholders, bipartisan local elections officials, thousands of volunteer Election Day poll watchers in thousands of locations across the state of Georgia, federal and state government technology testing agencies, private elections service companies, and independent third-party auditors.’

Trumpers:

What’s the sense of accomplishment here? Like, what are you doing? What’s the end game? Do you really think you’re changing hearts and minds, or are you just small, petty and angry?

Kadayi

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Discord : Kadayi#0650
Reality:

Trumpers:

Your Election hits almost every point perfectly.

Last edited:

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
People need to wake up from this conspiracy nonsense?

And you’re the guy that’s appointed yourself to ferry that in. Let’s just say for the sake of argument that you were able to convince everyone that your viewpoint was in fact correct and your posts were widely supported, would you just move on to another message board?

Feb 3, 2015
And you’re the guy that’s appointed yourself to ferry that in. Let’s just say for the sake of argument that you were able to convince everyone that your viewpoint was in fact correct and your posts were widely supported, would you just move on to another message board?
No, I actually thought gaf had closed down when I left. It’s good to be back!

I don’t think I am the chosen one. I’ve been a bit more brash due to the responses I have had on here. I don’t mean to offend.

The message is this: reality is a lot more complex and boring.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
No, I actually thought gaf had closed down when I left. It’s good to be back!

I don’t think I am the chosen one. I’ve been a bit more brash due to the responses I have had on here. I don’t mean to offend.

The message is this: reality is a lot more complex and boring.

My message to you, calm down. You can’t control anyone or anything here.

Feb 3, 2015
LOL Surejan.gif

Then explain how and why, none of those points are applicable to the US.

I look forward to a detailed treatise. 🤔
There was universally high turnout, not in specific areas. Discounted votes (ie thrown out votes) were incredibly low . There aren’t more votes than ballots as we register to vote. The vote counts all match what the counties submitted. The delay in announcing was because the counting was done after Election Day for a massive amount of mail in votes.

Reactions: DeafTourette

Elcid

Jul 27, 2018
"Dominion Voting Systems is the gold standard for transparent and accountable voting equipment. The allegations included in the draft complaint are baseless, senseless, physically impossible, and unsupported by any evidence whatsoever. We stand with the state and local elected officials and bipartisan election volunteers that this suit maliciously maligns."

Any system is hackable. I'm assuming Dominion uses SOME kind of database, so it's literally impossible to claim it's physically impossible to be hacked or manipulated.

Feb 3, 2015
No it’s more you’re just blowing up every thread. Everyone is welcome, but show some respect. Be glad you’re in a spot that won’t ban you outright for wrong think.
You probably should have saved this reply for the other thread for the poster calling people retarded 50 times. Stop derailing the thread.

Kadayi

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
There was universally high turnout, not in specific areas. Discounted votes (ie thrown out votes) were incredibly low . There aren’t more votes than ballots as we register to vote. The vote counts all match what the counties submitted. The delay in announcing was because the counting was done after Election Day for a massive amount of mail in votes.

I wanted a treatise, not a series of hollow handwaves The fact that fewer ballots were rejected is actually a point of concern, not a positive. You'd expect it to be in line with previous elections. It suggests things were waved through versus properly scrutinised.

No it’s more you’re just blowing up every thread. Everyone is welcome, but show some respect. Be glad you’re in a spot that won’t ban you outright for wrong think.

He's only posted in Politics since his 'Reeturn'. That's never gone well for people tbh. 🤔 🕘

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Show some respect? Give me a fucking break. lol. He can post all he/she wants, about whatver they want.

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
I wanted a treatise, not a series of hollow handwaves The fact that fewer ballots were rejected is actually a point of concern, not a positive. You'd expect it to be in line with previous elections. It suggests things were waved through versus properly scrutinised.

He's only posted in Politics since his 'Reeturn'. That's never gone well for people tbh. 🤔 🕘
Why is it a big concern to you? I also don't know if you can really compare this election to the say 2016 due to the pandemic and prevalence of mail in voting. Increased voting numbers doesn't have to a proportional amount of rejection. There are a million factors that would affect this from state rules, education of those voting, comparison software, focus of voters, ect. Were some counties more lenient, yes. Did some allow for corrections, yes. Was there some instances of voter fraud, more than likely. Was is an organized mulit-state effort to toss Trump out.... doubtful.

I'm glad Dominion released a statement, especially one contradicting some basic claims about them, like where they were founded. I also hope they sue the snot out of Powell and get her disbarred. This is America and you can't make baseless accusations without consequence.

Reactions: DeafTourette

oatmeal

Banned
Jun 17, 2007
*click thread*
*see immediate defense force*
*chuckle to myself*
*continue betting on Trump on PredictIt*

Reactions: joe_zazen

Kadayi

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Why is it a big concern to you? I also don't know if you can really compare this election to the say 2016 due to the pandemic and prevalence of mail in voting. Increased voting numbers doesn't have to a proportional amount of rejection. There are a million factors that would affect this from state rules, education of those voting, comparison software, focus of voters, ect. Were some counties more lenient, yes. Did some allow for corrections, yes. Was there some instances of voter fraud, more than likely. Was is an organized mulit-state effort to toss Trump out.... doubtful.

I'm glad Dominion released a statement, especially one contradicting some basic claims about them, like where they were founded. I also hope they sue the snot out of Powell and get her disbarred. This is America and you can't make baseless accusations without consequence.

Why does it bother you that I care RLP? People have concerns about the veracity of the election. Seems perfectly legit to me that questions they have are answered, especially given there are big question marks hanging over certain aspects. Why so insistent that these things aren't looked into by 3rd parties?

Any business is going to defend itself from what it views as an attack, but that doesn't mean nothing is rotten in the state of Denmark. If they have nothing to hide, then allow an investigation.

Sep 14, 2014
I'm not familiar with the ballot process at all but I'm seeing;
  1. Dominion machines prints ballots when cast
  2. Ballots are anonymous
  3. These are what's used for the hand count
  4. There's no way to actually determine if X person really voted for what candidate
Is this an accurate take?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: BigBooper
Dec 28, 2006
Ignoring whether or not there was voter fraud for a second, What kind of response were people expecting from them?

Of course {{company}} is going to release a statement saying their product is great and current backlash/bad PR event is not true.

Lets assume for a moment that there was fraud and Dominion were involved, was anyone expecting them to admit it in an official statement?

Yeah soz guyz, we did the fraudz, we are kinda ditzy like that! lol

Won't happen again, we promise!
XOXOXO

Compsiox

Banned
Jul 6, 2014
HUGE!!! DOMINION TRIED TO DEFEND THEMSELVES WITH A STATEMENT, BUT REFERENCED REPORT EXPOSES VULNERABILITIES WITH USB!!!!

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007
Eric Coomer, former Dominion VP accused of being part of Antifa and quoted saying he made sure Trump wouldn’t win, has disappeared according to Sídney Powell.

Dominion is looking sus and their defense in bad shape if Coomer can’t testify on his defense.

ZippyTheOtter

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
So the dominion systems have been approved from local to federal level by bipartisan committees, even to the extent of having the source code reviewed. There should be a paper trail there to prove that claim.

That's going to be a hard one to refute.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Eric Coomer, former Dominion VP accused of being part of Antifa and quoted saying he made sure Trump wouldn’t win, has disappeared according to Sídney Powell.

Dominion is looking sus and their defense in bad shape if Coomer can’t testify on his defense.
Coomer? I don’t want to seem dismissive, but are we sure this is a real person? Because that’s pretty on the nose for 4 Chan.

• Fire
Reactions: Jill Valentine

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Ignoring whether or not there was voter fraud for a second, What kind of response were people expecting from them?

Of course {{company}} is going to release a statement saying their product is great and current backlash/bad PR event is not true.

Lets assume for a moment that there was fraud and Dominion were involved, was anyone expecting them to admit it in an official statement?
Pretty much this. They are going to come out with a smarmy, slightly-threatening statement to try to and scare off potential litigants. Let's see if it works (it won't). I'd also be interested in hearing what Dominion had to say when Warren and Klobuchar said its systems were compromised.

Last edited:

tillbot8

Banned
Aug 4, 2020

If you had a company completely clean in this regard you would be LOVING the attention it's getting and almost encouraging reports that it's fraudulent. You would be so confident that you will come out spotless and have a better reputation than ever and be vindicated. Let alone the attention your company got. It would be a win for the ages with the Public putting complete trust in you for the future.

IF YOU WERE SHADY. You would wait an age to come out with a corporate cookie cutter response, your operatives would quit social media in unison and your VP WOULD GO INTO FUCKING HIDING!

Are we seriously still thinking this is a nothingburger. Handwavers do you think we are stupid? How many times is this suspicious as fuck activity going to be 'nothing to see here' by you. The last free country on the Earth is at state look past your TDS and start looking objectively and use your intuition for the first time in your life!

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Sep 10, 2006
  • Dominion is not, and never has been, owned by Smartmatic. Neither has Smartmatic ever been a subsidiary of Dominion, as the complaint asserts. Dominion is an entirely separate company—they do not collaborate in any way and have no affiliate relationships or financial ties. Dominion does not use Smartmatic. These are all facts verifiable in the public record as well as in regulatory and legal filings.
  • Dominion has no ties to the Venezuelan government, nor any other foreign government, including China and Iran. Dominion has never participated in any elections in Venezuela and has no connection or relationship with the now deceased former Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez. Other companies have serviced elections in Venezuela, but Dominion is not one of them.

They're parsing words here as they did purchase Sequoia in 2010, which was owned by Smartmatic, and seems to be the technology base used in Venezuela to help a third world communist dictator rig his election. Additionally, Dominion has personnel from Smartmatic and Sequoia with direct ties to Venezuelan elections systems. This is in their own words.

justAjohn

Apr 27, 2020
All points completely irrelevant with the way voting is done in the US. This article is for third world countries.
US is a third world country. Your kids are getting shot in schools. Getting into ambulance leads into debt. Your news are owned by rich individuals. Murders are an ordinary occurence. Most people are struggling with financial security. Shitty healthcare, food supercharged with sugars and other shit, famous people worship is through the roof...

US is a third world country, that lets the rich fuck its citizens by enslaving and stealing from other countries.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
They're parsing words here as they did purchase Sequoia in 2010, which was owned by Smartmatic, and seems to be the technology base used in Venezuela to help a third world communist dictator rig his election. Additionally, Dominion has personnel from Smartmatic and Sequoia with direct ties to Venezuelan elections systems. This is in their own words.
Yeah, they're trying to bluster, but it's clear there's some skeletons in this closet. Let's see what they look like.

Amiga

Jul 8, 2020

They admit the system is vulnerable, that is the big take. so the claims of digital security are dead. alongside that it was proven monitors have been undermined in battleground states. it doesn't take thousands of conspirators like D claimed, just several people per-selected counties.

Neil Young

Mar 26, 2020
Well, they should have their day in court. They're innocent until proven guilty...but...why in the fuck is Twitter and big tech playing gatekeeper to information that goes against the liberal narrative? Maybe it's because I'm not looking as I have a strong bias, but are there as many examples of big tech cracking down and suppressing the left? Are there 1000s of witnesses to voter fraud seeing Trump getting a boost in votes? Everything looks to be going in one direction all the time. And the only things we get from the dems on this board are "accept it" and "LOL".

The dems have shat up this country for four years (all the protests, burnt down cities, lock downs, Russia gate, censorship, statues being torn down, impeachment, defunded police) so excuse the fuck out of MILLIONS OF US if we've had a fucking nough of their condescending, hypocritical, authoritarian bullshit. Fuck them, and fuck this company.

Sep 14, 2014

Apparently this quote is from 2010 by the NIST, the same NIST that Dominion refer to as having given the thumbs up for their source code. Source is my ass.

Last edited: