• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Dominion Voting Systems statement responding to Powell

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Oh yes. Those poor minorities who just can’t manage to get an ID of all things. Boy isn’t it good they have people like you to look out for them. Not working to get them IDs or actually help them in any real way. No sir. Just to make sure they vote blue when you need them to.
Well we don't have a lot of voter suppression tactics in California... so.... You would think Americans would defend other American's right to vote above anything else. You would think we would be appalled at the idea that our elected officials actually make it harder to vote for Americans, regardless of political leanings.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Well we don't have a lot of voter suppression tactics in California... so.... You would think Americans would defend other American's right to vote above anything else. You would think we would be appalled at the idea that our elected officials actually make it harder to vote for Americans, regardless of political leanings.
I mean thank goodness those poor minorities who are incapable of securing an ID have you there looking out for them. I mean you could actually help them by encouraging them to get IDs, which would improve their actual lives since any functioning adult needs to have one.

But that would require you to give an actual shit.

Last edited:

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
I mean thank goodness those poor minorities who are incapable of securing an ID have you there looking out for them. I mean you could actually help them by encouraging them to get IDs, which would improve their actual lives since any functioning adult needs to have one.

But that would require you to give an actual shit.
Like I said.. not an issue in California. They can get a free ID easily, and register to vote at the same time. I read what you wrote, it just isn't applicable here.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Like I said.. not an issue in California. They can get a free ID easily, and register to vote at the same time. I read what you wrote, it just isn't applicable here.
So do you have any firsthand knowledge of the plight of these poor downtrodden people that you’re patronizing? Because you must have a very low view of them. Getting an ID is not difficult. Not even a little bit. They don’t need people like you looking out for them by making excuses about why they are incapable of doing basic tasks.

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
So do you have any firsthand knowledge of the plight of these poor downtrodden people that you’re patronizing? Because you must have a very low view of them. Getting an ID is not difficult. Not even a little bit. They don’t need people like you looking out for them by making excuses about why they are incapable of doing basic tasks.
Denying it occurs doesn't mean that it doesn't occur. Voter suppression has a long history in the US.

Reactions: DeafTourette

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Here in Canada, voting hours are from like 8 AM to 9 PM, which means you get plenty of time to vote even if you're working. The law actually says that your employer has to give you like 2 hours off work if your regular work hours coincide with voting hours (which is rare as most people don't work from 8 AM to 9 PM).

If you guys in the USA have to stand in line for HOURS to vote, you're doing it wrong! Here at most it's a few minutes -- even in the big cities.

We don't have a law like that here in the US. And yes, long hours waiting in line ... In big cities all over here.

We also have jobs where folks work almost all day (I get up at 6, catch the bus at 7, clock in at 10... Don't get off until close to 9pm ... Doesn't leave me much time to vote).

Edit: the fact that we don't have a law to do so (to, say, take a few hours or the whole day off) is a form of suppression. I can't take off ... None of my co-workers can.

There's a push by some progressives to make election days a national holiday so no one is left in the lurch or unable to vote because of work.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
I actually did engage with you and then I asked you a question.

You are quite possibly the biggest conspiracy poster in here about the current American election, yet you aren't American, can't vote here and haven't ever participated in an American election.

I just find it odd to be so invested in something and more importantly so determined to sway opinion in it, when you aren't able to actually participate in it. Also it doesn't matter if you are a few hours from the border or on the other side of the world. I think it is important for Americans to know when somebody who doesn't participate in our elections is doing their best to sway opinion. It's a matter of credibility, regardless of partisan preference.

Personally I think GAF should identify what country somebody is from in the politics section. That way when I pop up and inundate GAF with conspiracy videos aboot Canadian politics you can call bullshit too.

If you wanna troll me about my nationality no need to. And I don't hide where I am from. I have said many times I am Canadian and posted about it . If you don't want to read my content you can ignore me. I am up front about my background.

I like to share on the board and discuss and comment what its here for. Its a global world lots of people like to throw their 2 cents in. If your trying to imply I am some sort of paid foreign agent using GAF to flip the election while nice fantasy there I wish LOL. Or maybe I am really Donald Trump, I am a pretty big fan of his. Sure why not.

If you want to talk shit about Trudeau or any other Canadian or our politics be my guest.

Do you want to discuss the Hunter Biden Laptop being verified? Thats what seem to set you off. Can I not link to an article showing the email was confirmed or do I need an American passport?

Now consider Dominion is actually a Canadian company and I find it fascinating that you guys outsource your election to us. And I am sure Trudeau wouldn't mind Biden who thinks like him and uses the same globalist Bare Back Better crap. 2 peas in a pod. Him and Trump didn't really get along. Dominions CEO is a donor to Trudeau and they share office space with various Liberal connected groups. And we all know Trudeau is knowns for his scandals, WE + SNC-Lavalin scandal.

If your so worried about foreigners swaying opinons maybe look into Dominion Voting and their ties to our Liberal party, or AdBusters another Canadian company organizing a White House Seige. Much more reach then little old me on GAF.

Reactions: Teletraan1

Nehezir

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
Powell is really looking to get herself sued. I know some people here want that's like then we'll be able to depose them and do discovery but I don't think that's gonna go as well as they think.
as hard as I'm riding the Trump Train I do find something about her off.

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Except it is a very well documented practice that has happened in this country for decades.

I'm sure this will considered fake news. But there is plenty of examples out there from last minute voter role purges to closing polling stations.
I read your article. It’s obviously slanted. I mean you know that assuming did not just google an article with a title you liked and post it without reading it first.

Last edited:

NoMoChokeSJ

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
If you wanna troll me about my nationality no need to. And I don't hide where I am from. I have said many times I am Canadian and posted about it . If you don't want to read my content you can ignore me. I am up front about my background.

I like to share on the board and discuss and comment what its here for. Its a global world lots of people like to throw their 2 cents in. If your trying to imply I am some sort of paid foreign agent using GAF to flip the election while nice fantasy there I wish LOL. Or maybe I am really Donald Trump, I am a pretty big fan of his. Sure why not.

If you want to talk shit about Trudeau or any other Canadian or our politics be my guest.

Do you want to discuss the Hunter Biden Laptop being verified? Thats what seem to set you off. Can I not link to an article showing the email was confirmed or do I need an American passport?

Now consider Dominion is actually a Canadian company and I find it fascinating that you guys outsource your election to us. And I am sure Trudeau wouldn't mind Biden who thinks like him and uses the same globalist Bare Back Better crap. 2 peas in a pod. Him and Trump didn't really get along. Dominions CEO is a donor to Trudeau and they share office space with various Liberal connected groups. And we all know Trudeau is knowns for his scandals, WE + SNC-Lavalin scandal.

If your so worried about foreigners swaying opinons maybe look into Dominion Voting and their ties to our Liberal party, or AdBusters another Canadian company organizing a White House Seige. Much more reach then little old me on GAF.
Are all Canadians as dramatic as you? I can't control who posts anything on this board, but I can call out bullshit. You inundate these boards with conspiracy nonsense to drive a narrative about an election process that you have no skin in. You don't share and discuss, you incite.
That rubs me wrong. You don't like it, ignore me or complain to a mod. The paid per post comment was sarcasm, so don't get your long underwear in a twist.

As for your other stuff. I don't care about the Hunter Biden laptop. First off it was obviously a hack, and more than likely a Giuliani plant. Nobody keeps every incriminating email and text message in their history on a laptop.

You are right they verified the one email about Biden meeting the Burisma exec, that he admitted could've happened in an informal way. Outside of that there was nothing concrete that tied Sr to anything else. Anyways, If he was doing anything criminal it was turned over to the FBI and they'll deal with it. If they find Sr to be crooked, thru can impeach him. The fact that Fox news dropped it so suddenly should scream something as well.

I'm not concerned about the Dominion stuff either. Trump got blown out of the water on a national level. The recounts in Georgia showed consistency in the machine reporting and last I read Michigan added a handful of more votes to Biden after their limited recount. Dominion also donated to Mitch McConnell, so you have zero point with this. The lobby for favor, just like every other company trying to get a government contract does... welcome to America, where money drives politics.

Last edited: