• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don Mattrick: "Fortunately" consumers without a connection can buy Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have said it without sounding like a dick; he chose not to do that. I'm glad in a way, I think it's funny and it reinforces the decision I made Monday night.

KukicAdo

Neo Member
Z0UBmHr.png

If you are not in one of the green countries, do not bother with the Xbox One as it will not at work...at launch at least.

Mrbob

The interesting aspect about this comment is it probably sounded better in his head than after he stated it.

I'm sure he was thinking, "Yeah, I got an awesome counter to the online authentication question!" Patting himself on the back. Then he hears himself say the statement and realizes how horrible it is.

FaustsBoon said:
So, in Poland you can MAKE The Witcher 3, for XBOne... you just can't play it. ;-)

Ice Cold.

faridmon

Gui_PT

Well being from Portugal, this means I wouldn't be able to use their console if I bought it.

So they've just helped me decide to get the PS4.

THANKS MICROSOFT!

"By gamers for gamers" (if you have 500 dollars, a great internet connection and live in a certain country)

Bedlam

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

I wonder how developers like CD Project will feel about releasing their games on platforms that aren't supported in their own countries.

Everyday is worst day for MS.

It's FAR worse : to work, user have to log on Xbone with XBLA account. Since XBL doesn't work for Xbone in Poland /it will be available only to first 21 countries/ you won't be able even to run this damn thing in Poland, even if you buy one in Germany!
Of course, you still can make a fake account on German/UK adress but probably it won't work either - IP check .
That way or another - xboned for Poland /and for other countries outside of "Prominent 21"/.

Vibri

Banned
This can only mean two things:

1. Phil Harrison still works for Sony
2. Kutaragi's spirit somehow took control over Mattrick

DAT hubris. Christ...

Damn lol

Considering Phil Harrison is notorious industry-wide for being an arrogant jerk I'm sure he's frankly part of problem now at MSFT.

Note that Sony quit the attitude and became awesome and humble pretty much after he left.

Poland always was and will be a PLAYSTATION country, but now, with all this shit....
I just can't imagine that in 2014 can exist one person /in almost 40Million people country/ which will be willing to buy Xbone. Microsoft ,literally, is screwed in Poland :)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hey Don! F0rneus! That's my Gamertag. See all those games? Traded them in, and got PS3 versions. Currently on Dark Souls. Thanks for pushing me towards the competition.

Love, F0rneus.

Does massive sales from the previous gen pretty much ensure that in the future gen, the company acts like over confident asses?

This is like a 110% swap from last gen when Sony was telling people to get two jobs.

Don how hard is it to say

"With the Xbox 1 we are focused on delivering the highest possible experience through cloud servers and online game play. At Microsoft we understand that some might not be able to join the Xbox 1 experience as of yet, but be sure, we are working hard to make it possible in the near future. In the mean time our 360 is still the predominant console on the market and will continue to entertain our fans until they are able to make the leap to next gen."

Same thing, much less of a fuck you.

eliochip

Microsoft Exec - Marc Whitten: "Sony’s building a great program. I actually think it’s great to be a gamer right now."

Thanks Microsoft, I agree. I guess I have their blessing when I pre-order a Ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom